PDA

View Full Version : help please -- make-up advice needed

darlene
07-11-2006, 05:15 PM
can anyone give me any pointers with my make up as i want to be able to get it right and i have heaps of trouble with the eyes and face the lippy is ok

Tamara Croft
07-11-2006, 05:17 PM
Join the Beauty Club forum, just click the link in your usercp / group memberships. There is a lot of advice in there that you should find helpful.

Nike
07-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Although it sounds opposite of what I originally thought, a woman gave me this simple advice about make-up.

Less is More.

Use enough, but only enough to cover and highlight.

Julogden
07-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Although it sounds opposite of what I originally thought, a woman gave me this simple advice about make-up.

Less is More.

Use enough, but only enough to cover and highlight.
Well yes, less is more, but in the case of most of us males, as it is said, "It takes a lot of paint to make a guy what he ain't".

The trick is to make the usually large amount of makeup that we need to use look like we aren't using a lot.

Carol

Billijo49504
07-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Try some of the makeup counters at the major dept stores. Marshal Fields or Yonkers have several different counters. Or try Merle Norman's stores. They might charge to do a complete makeover. Or just give you tips on makeup you are buying. Also Kohl's has a makeup area and they will give you a makeover for free. There is nothing better than to watch as a GG puts your make up on one side and watches you do the other side. Hope this helps..BJ

pinkshelly
07-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Cover girl . com will hepl to. they have a q&a section that has helped me.
Huggs, Shelly.

michelle-h
07-11-2006, 07:40 PM
I found another good site on this forum. Its called makeupsense.com . Check it out.

Michelle-H

evol
07-12-2006, 05:13 PM
I needed some help, and never got a single response after 200 views to my scenerio, but maybe we can help eachother, I'm engaged to a prfessional makeup artist. She's worked for Clinique, Chanel, andcurrently works for Bobbi Brown. SHe's qualified. Ask whatever you like. If I can help I promise I will. My question was does the diva work under pals, or other breast forms? We gurls gotta work together!

jesse
07-12-2006, 06:50 PM
have you see you tube? just type in makeup and it will direct you to helpfull makeup videos from foundation application to just about everything a girl needs to know about putting on makeup!:thumbsup:

ChantelleCD
07-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Heres two websites i found today but if u look hard enough im sure theres millions of websites out there that can help :happy:

http://www.sofeminine.co.uk/beaute/05leconregard/05leconregard0__-make-up-lesson-all-about-eyes.html

http://www.makeuptalk.com

janedoe311
07-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Use skin creams and moisturizers every day. That will help so you do not have to cover up as much.

Ever painted a portrait. It is very similar to make up, the difference is that in a portrait you start with a flat surface and make it look dimensional. Learn about the difference in faces ie men have a “extended" brow women is rounded, mens eyes are more inset then womens. You highlight to bring forward and darken to send back. You can make a thin chin look fuller with highlighting and shadowing.

There are many books on make up. You need to get one for CD’s since doing men is different then women.

Get a practice dummy head. I got one on ebay for $10. You can use cheap make up on it instead of using the good stuff. I have sensitive skin so I cannot use the cheap stuff.

Joanna0909a
07-13-2006, 09:23 PM
Hi,
I would echo Billijo's suggestion about the makeup counters. I have found the girls at the Estee Lauder counter very helpful and friendly - with me in drab or in femme. Plus EL has an online chat service - you can chat real-time with a make up consultant which I have found usefull a couple of times. They will even email you a copy of the transcript.

Have fun and good luck!

Joanna

Ashlee
07-14-2006, 08:47 AM
i used that and followed the step by step for smoky eyes and wow! the pic is a little crappy here but i was stunned by how my eyes turned out when i did them. there's a lot of sites out there, i typed in google. makeup application pictures (i think) or how to apply makeup in the search bar.