PDA

View Full Version : My little excitement for today

Jazmine Star
07-11-2006, 05:33 PM
I went to the local department store, and, after making a couple failed passes at the womens section, I finally turned my cart and went into the middle of it. My heart was racing - I'd never entered a womans section before unless I was with a girl who was doing the shopping. Anyways, I was looking for low cut jeans. I found a big selection of them, but after searching through them, I realized they were all kids/ juniors sizes. I looked up, and saw I was in the JUNIORS section of the department!

When I looked back down, a very attractive young lady, who worked in that department I guess, saw me and started to come towards me. I guess I had a look of panic on my face or something. I didn't know what the hell I would tell her I was looking for! Fortunately, she saw I was scared, and she gave me a little knowing smile, and turned back. I'll bet these girls that work in the womens department see guys like me every day - chickenlittle crossdressers.

So I got into the womens area, and looked through all their jeans, and I couldn't find any low cut jeans, just regular jeans.

One question - for a size 32 waist, would it be size 16 in womens' jeans?

So, after pawing all over the jeans in the womens dept (I love how SOFT they are! Why can't mens' jeans be that soft?), I gave up looking. I looked around for that girl (my heartbeat had calmed down by then), but I didn't see her. So I figured I'd just try a different dept. store maybe tomorrow. I don't think I'll be so scared next time - its not so bad!

Phyliss
07-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Try Fashion Bug. Trust me, they have a good sized male customer base and are willing to work with you to find what you want.
32" waist, ( I hate you :D ) I'm fighting to keep my 36"
I wear a 36w and 29l trouser and I find that the size 14 misses works well for me. Unless you want to advertise your behind try not to get jeans with all sorts of jewels and gems on the back pockets. The brand L.A. Blues at Fashion Bug are quite plain and will pass as "guy" jeans anyday. I know they "pass", I've worn mine to construction sites without any comment.
The only drawback I find, is that the front pockets are REALLY shallow.
I know, I know, GG's don't put anything in their front pockets, the pockets are there for looks only. Still, I don't like it. But, if that's my only complaint then there really isn't a big problem. I can walk in, buy what I want and walk out. The best part, after that the world continues to spin.

Stephenie S
07-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Dear Jazmine,

No dear, 32 would not be a size 16 jeans. I have a 34" waist and yesterday bought a pair of Gloria Vanderbuilt jeans at Penny's size 10R.

If you have a 32" waist I would try size 8. If you are short, try a petite, if you are taller, a regular. The style and cut of each manufacturer will be slightly different, so if you can do it, try them on.

Here's what happened to me and jeans. I have a 34" waist. I was in a small local dress shop getting a skirt and top. I saw a rack of "tummy tamer jeans" with a little girdle like front to them. They looked like regular jeans but were very elastic. I tryed on a 16R. Much too big! Went down to a 14P. Fit was fantastic. They looked really good. Took 'em home and hung them in the closet.
Well, I am loosing weight, and yesterday morning when I went to put together an outfit for today, (I was going to an apointment this morning), they were too big. So yesterday afternoon I went back to the shop to exchange them. Only 12P was available. Too short. But I took them anyway (they cost almost $100 so there was NO way I wasn't gonna get some use out of 'em). So then to the mall for a new purse. As I was leaving Penny's, there were these GV jeans on sale for $8.97. I bought size 12R, then found a purse and left the mall. As I was driving out, I saw another branch of the original ($100 jeans) store and stopped in, They had the expensive jeans in 12R and they will exchange them for my 12P from the other store. So I put them on layaway and go home. Once there, I try on the GV jeans (size 12R). Well the're too big! Whew! So today, after my apointment, (which I ended up wearing a skirt to) I went back to Penny's and exchanged the $8.97 jeans for size 10R. Sooo, quite a lot of work for a pair on pants. But it does illustrate the importance of TRYING SOMETHING ON. Or at the very least, only buying where you can return if the item is the wrong size.
Well, that's a long answer to a short question. I do not think you will wear size 16 in a jean.

Lovies,
Stephenie

lynn27
07-11-2006, 06:25 PM
I went to the local department store, and, after making a couple failed passes at the womens section,

First off, forget about the failed passes. You just call more attention to yourself. Just head right in like you are cutting thru or looking for your wife. Don't worry because most people won't even notice you and if they do they don't care. Carry a list of what you want and "refer" to it. Have a plan and have an answer ready if the clerks pounce.

Once you have an idea what you want, roll into the men's dept. and grab a few male jeans and take them all into the fitting room. I always try on the ladies jeans in the male fitting rooms that way. never been questioned. Remember, enjoy yourself, you aren't breaking the law and most clerks, if they suspect, don't care... it is all about sales for them.0.02

Lynn

dancer1
07-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Have a 29 waist and take size 4 in Victorias Secret jeans , if i wish to be ****y i wear a size 6 and my thong shows. Just shop as if you own the place never has anyone ever made me feel uncomfortable shoping just myself.
:hugs: Nadeen

pinkshelly
07-11-2006, 06:55 PM
One thing to remember. If you are in the womans dept. most clerks thing you are shopping for your honny anyway. Besides, as you go along you will find that no one looks, no one cares. Some do care if you want to trysome thing on in the ladies dressing room. If you are in drab, go to the mens dressing rooms, and try to take a few male things to cover the ladies pants, skirt, ect. Always remember to have fun.
Huggs, Shelly.

Stephacuse
07-11-2006, 07:05 PM
or if you're embarassed try going just before close or right after opening when it's less people

EricaCD
07-11-2006, 07:09 PM
32" waist is definitely not a 16 in jeans but I am guessing you won't be comfy in an 8. Try a 10. I have a 33" waist and find a 12 works best in jeans (but I am mondo tall so I get my jeans at a tall girl store).

Good luck! Keep the receipt so you can exchange for a size up or down...

Erica

britney
07-12-2006, 11:54 AM
I have a 31" waist and i usually wear size 8 jeans. I would look at some 10's if i were you.

MsJanessa
07-12-2006, 12:01 PM
I went to the local department store, and, after making a couple failed passes at the womens section, I finally turned my cart and went into the middle of it. My heart was racing - I'd never entered a womans section before unless I was with a girl who was doing the shopping. Anyways, I was looking for low cut jeans. I found a big selection of them, but after searching through them, I realized they were all kids/ juniors sizes. I looked up, and saw I was in the JUNIORS section of the department!

When I looked back down, a very attractive young lady, who worked in that department I guess, saw me and started to come towards me. I guess I had a look of panic on my face or something. I didn't know what the hell I would tell her I was looking for! Fortunately, she saw I was scared, and she gave me a little knowing smile, and turned back. I'll bet these girls that work in the womens department see guys like me every day - chickenlittle crossdressers.

So I got into the womens area, and looked through all their jeans, and I couldn't find any low cut jeans, just regular jeans.

So, after pawing all over the jeans in the womens dept (I love how SOFT they are! Why can't mens' jeans be that soft?), I gave up looking. I looked around for that girl (my heartbeat had calmed down by then), but I didn't see her. So I figured I'd just try a different dept. store maybe tomorrow. I don't think I'll be so scared next time - its not so bad!
no 16 is way too large--try a 12 or 10

Karren H
07-12-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm down to between a 30 to 31 inch waiste and i typically wear size 10 to 12 capris..... Don't know if jeans are different and I will probably never find out either.. hehehe But try a pair of 12s or juniors 13s. And go try them on, use the mens dressing room. Kohl's has unassisted dressing rooms so it's easy to try on any fem item.

Love Karren

ava_bruna
07-12-2006, 12:37 PM
It's alway's nice getting into woman's jean's:D hehe with my tummy I kinna stay away from them, hopefully my walking will help lose more of it;) or maybe i'll walk to the dept store's more and look into ladie's jean's more;);)
As far as woman's jean's feeling softer then men's? look for more spandex or
lycra. HAPPY SHOPING.