PDA

View Full Version : Gaffs

Miranda33
07-11-2006, 05:53 PM
I remember read a thread on here about making a gaff at home but don't remeber it anyone have any thoughts or ideas since I can't buy one? Thanks Ladies!!

Stephenie S
07-11-2006, 06:26 PM
Dear Miranda,

I'm not so sure you need one. I am fairly well endowed and I find I can do just fine with a light control panty. (It's a Playtex, not sure the model #). Others have reported good success with control top pantyhose and a panty.
I tuck the boys up inside and lay my member back between my legs. Then pull up the control panty and I'm set to go. This was a bit uncomfortable at first, but quickly became OK and then quite comfortable the more I did it. No problem with form fitting jeans and of course skirts are fine. I wear a regular microfiber panty under the control panty so I don't have to wash it as often. I have read many different opinions about gaffs here and on other BBs. Most seem to think you don't need one.
Another option I have heard about is a dancer's belt. Get one at a dance suply house. I have had one on but it was years ago and I can't remember much about it. I wasn't trying to hide anything then.
If you want to get a gaff, they are available at many CD stores on the internet. Just Google "Gaff".

Lovies,
Stephenie

older not wiser
07-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Hi Miranda, I am like Steph, I don't use one either. I do the same thing as she does and wear control top pantyhose with a control high waist brief. For me it does the trick. If you still want a gaff, go to e-Bay and type in gaff in the apparel block.

Love; BonnieAnne:GE:

Wendy me
07-11-2006, 06:42 PM
check out this place thay have evey thing.........http://www.glamourboutique.com/

randi32869
07-11-2006, 08:09 PM
I have found that most of the ones on the market were really just string thongs for too much money. I did find a latex one from fantastygirl.com (I think) that is TERRIFIC. It is expensive but it makes your revised plumbing work pretty well. I had to trim it some for a better fit but I am quite pleased.

Good luck

carend_99
07-11-2006, 08:24 PM
I wear a gaff when I don't wear pantyhose, which is in the fall, winter and early spring (when I can shave my legs). I got mine from one of the crossdressing shopping sites on the internet. I think I paid between $25 and $30. I'm sure I got ripped off, but I've been pretty happy with it. Hope this helps.

Felicity
07-12-2006, 04:36 PM
I found a great item that works. It might be better than a gaff, but I have never tried a gaff. I am one who prefers to use tape and do a smooth tuck. However, when shopping for swimsuits last summer, I found a great one piece. It is made of 80% nylon, and a competition style. They come in chest size and normally range from 24 for girls, to 40 for women in two inch increments. They were in the sale bin and I bought three on them, 24 and 26. I cut the bottoms off, and they hold everything very firm in place. I still tuck the boys, and these things are tight. The leg opening will roll back and I can shape it like a thong back. It becomes almost invisible under swim wear, leotards, etc.

These things are tight. I wouldn’t suggest using them for too long. I went shopping once to try clothing on and see the right shape, and after time, I had some reddened areas that needed to heal for several day on my leg, above the hip bones where they dig in. However, for short term were, it was awesome.

hotbobbie
07-12-2006, 04:43 PM
I never have used gaffs i just wear thong panties and they work really well. I just make sure they are the right fit.

Julie York
07-12-2006, 05:15 PM
I've heard duct tape is good.

:D

No no no no no. Don't do dat.

Charleen
07-12-2006, 10:32 PM
I just tuck 'em back and the panties do the trick. Never had a problem with slippage. Now whether that's because of good panties, traing them to "stay", or not alot to hide, I donno. Love and xxx, Lily

Karren H
07-13-2006, 12:41 AM
Love my gaff. Bought it on ebay... But a pair of tight panties or a girgle serve the same purpose......holding the tuck.

Love Karren

GG Vanya
07-13-2006, 01:19 AM
Love my gaff. Bought it on ebay... But a pair of tight panties or a girgle serve the same purpose......holding the tuck.

Love Karren

Karren,

Is that a typo or is there really such thing as a *girgle*??? If so, what IS it?

Sam-antha
07-13-2006, 05:56 AM
Julie, I rather think that Felicity told you about duct tape, and now she has changed her mind. Competish swimsuit sounds muchless painful
~Samm

Karren H
07-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Karren,

Is that a typo or is there really such thing as a *girgle*??? If so, what IS it?

Opsie!!!! You know us engineers!! hehehe

Love Karren

Sam-antha
07-14-2006, 05:01 PM
Karen, it takes all types, but engineers seem more imaginative somehow, especially civil or structural engineeers
~Samm

Felicity
07-14-2006, 05:47 PM
Samantha, I never said anything about using duct tape. If fact, almost two years ago, I started a thread titled The Art of Tucking (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1950) which specified puting a protective layer down if you use duct tape. I have always used the tapes made for skin that you find in drug stores. I have experimented with duct tape, but it doesn't lay down as smooth as the medical tapes. In other posts, I have mentioned the names of tapes too. I'm not going to dig one out right now though.

I also started a thread titled Has Anyone Tried This (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1896) where I spoke of competition swim suits because of their fabric. They are strong and sewed very well. There were even a thread or two I found pics of some.

Now back to making a gaff. I think the simple solution is to just but a competition swim suit that is too small, cut the bottoms off, and use the bottoms. The back can be sewed to a thong back if desired. They will fit tighter and hold things down better than tight panties and are not as large as shapewear.

Sam-antha
07-15-2006, 05:27 PM
Your correction to my memory of that excellent thread is accepted wholeheartedly.
The second thread I still have to enjoy.
Thank you for the first and for the ability to anticipate the second.
~Samm