PDA

View Full Version : ??????'s at work

janelle
07-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Hi Ladies,as some of you may remember i am thinking of helpping others like myself at the local GLBT center. Many have said be careful about it as i may be outed. So i also had read where some of you girls wear clear polish all the time, so i started last week. Well this week i was put into a new dept. in which i am among alot of woman. I know 3 saw my fingers on Monday & said nothing. Today 1 of them asked me" are you wearing nail polish"? I said yes. She than followed up by saying "are you a crossdresser"? Again without a pause i said yes, so i believe in away i am out at work. I don't know how many people she will tell & i don't care, Iam a happy girl. I do wish i could dress fully for work but its not a big deal, i can wear minor things to make me feel as i would like.
I guess i would like to say thank you to all of you for the help you have given me. It has really added a vote of confidence for me as i do as i please & the heck with how others feel, i'm just being myself.
So girls i've rambled on long enough but let me say this. Be true to yourselves, be strong, & believe you can be that woman you want to be & enjoy yourself, life is to short to worry about it.
Take care Ladies, i love you all.
:love: &:hugs: ,Janelle

Kimberly
07-11-2006, 06:56 PM
This is the kind of post I'd like to see more often... Someone doing something pro-active about their dressing and showing others we exist - rather than moaning about non-acceptance and society. :(

:thumbsup:

racquel
07-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Way to go sister.Great post.:love:

janelle
07-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Kimberly I think your right. We all need to take the Bull by the horns if we are going to get any place. I do hope this encourages others to take that step, be themselves & enjoy life. Just be proud of who you are.
:love: ,Janelle

KELLYANN
07-11-2006, 07:38 PM
WELL SPOKEN JANELLE!! YOU JUST SAID IT ALL!!!!! :hugs:

jennig
07-11-2006, 08:24 PM
you go girl!!! as far as the clear nail polish I dont know why she made such a big deal over clear nail polish but Iam so glad you said what you did maby its out time to rear our head out of the sand so to speek..
love jennig:balloons:

Melora
07-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Cheers, You GO GIRLL!! Just DOO ITT!
Melora

sissystephanie
07-11-2006, 08:39 PM
I wear nail polish on both fingers and toes all the time. And yes, I do go out in public that way! Since it is hot here in Georgia, I frequently wear one of my many pairs of ladies open toe sandals. Since my toe nails are always in a bright color, they really show up. Men sometimes do a double take, but women usually just smile at me.

My finger nails are always done in some shade of pink:love: (I'm a girl, after all!), never in clear polish. I stick with the light pinks, but they are still noticeable. No one has ever asked me if I was a CD, but I would tell them yes if they did ask. I am, so why hide it.

Sissy (obviously)

JasmineR
07-11-2006, 08:43 PM
sometimes we just want someone to ask if we are crossdressers so we can say "yes." Good job!!

noname
07-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Good work.

I still can't figure out why people fuss about nail polish especially clear. In any event, good for you, let us know how it goes or if you hear any more about it.

JasmineR
07-11-2006, 08:46 PM
you go girl!!! as far as the clear nail polish I dont know why she made such a big deal over clear nail polish but Iam so glad you said what you did maby its out time to rear our head out of the sand so to speek..
love jennig:balloons:

It doesn't sound like she made a big deal, she was just curious, it seems to me. Am I right?

Also, what was her reply to you saying yes?

janelle
07-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Yup, she just wanted to know why. Told her i wanted to. Than she asked about crossdressing. After i replyed, she gave me a look & i asked her if there was a problem. Her response was no its cool. After about 10/15 minutes she said she had thought i may have been at the mall & picked up a new system to give your nails a very high glossed look from just buffing them. Said no it is nail polish. Later in the day she made comments about things ladies should carry or that should be in the restroom if needed. Also talked about purses she had & wanted to get & she did ask some small talk about me, nothing important. I guess all in all she started treating me like one of the girls in a small way, very cool.
:love: Janelle

JasmineR
07-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Well, that sound pretty cool. Sounds like you may have a fun time with your coworkers now, or at least her.

Joanna0909a
07-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Janelle,

Way to go girl! I have been wearing clear nail polish for over a year now and none of the women in my department (5 women, only 2 men) have ever said a word to me about it. I can not believe they never noticed it, so I can only conclude that they do not care. (I wonder if they would comment if I got my ears pierced? Well that's another story). I guess what I am wondering now is what would I tell one of my co-workers if asked. I would love to say "Yes I am", but I am not so sure I would be so brave. As I said above, way to go girl!

Hugs,
Joanna

Billijo49504
07-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Good, glad things went well for you. We had a trans person at our plant and he/she got run out by the workers. Nothing that could be proven, bu, well you know. Maybe I'll wear a skirt the last day, when I retire....BJ

Dixie Darling
07-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Oddly enough it seems that a lot of women are intrigued by crossdressers - provided that it's not their own husbands or boyfriends. I would suspect that you can look forward to more 'girltalk' from the woman you told and eventually from others that SHE has told (or will tell in the future).

Dixie -- http://www.geocities.com/senorita_cd

GINA-CD
07-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Looks to me that you had a plan, you carried it out perfectly and you got what you were looking for, the opportunity to come out. Good strategy and great job girl.

Calliope
07-12-2006, 12:20 AM
Right on!

janelle
07-12-2006, 05:28 AM
Hey Joanna, I think that is part of the reason she asked me. I do have both my ears done & wear a 4mm ball stud in each. A good friend of mine(a GG) said they are very girly,so i guess that tells alot also.

I thank everyone for there thoughts, but i do hope this encourages more of you to just be yourself.
Take care ladies & have a wonderful day.
:love: Janelle

Charleen
07-12-2006, 06:18 AM
Hi Janelle, Good for you! I too have my nails done and wear clear polish. As far as I can tell, noone has noticed, or they don't care, or just keep thier thoughts to themselves. I also have pierced ears , wear 5 rings and now a charm bracelet. I get no reaction at all. Maybe 'cause otherwise I'm dressed in drab, I don't know. I think it's great you have the repore with your fellow worker. Even though it's been said before, I gotta say it too- You go girl! Love and xxxx, LILY

sue ellan
07-12-2006, 06:43 AM
go jannell.
your are so lucky. wish i could do the same thing. but in a samll town it would not work. good luck and have fun. keep us posted.:love:

sue ellan

JoAnnDallas
07-12-2006, 08:47 AM
I have acrylic nails and wear clear polish on them and Red polish on my toes. One lady at work noticed my nails. I held my hand out to her and she was looking at them and making a positive comment. Another lady had a confused look on her face and the first lady told her that many men are now getting their nails done properly. The second lady then relaxed and said "OH". I had to finially tell them I had to get back to work, becuase by this time I had four ladies looking at my nails, chatting with me and the others. I kinda went from being one of the guys to being one of the girls in just moments. LOL It happen so fast that I got a little uncompy with it. Not so much with the ladies, but I noticed a couple of my co-workers staring at me and them. The co-workers have not said anything, but now when I go back into the area where these ladies work, I get a sweet greeting, and chit-chat.
The other day one of them mention that I was needing a fill, I said "yea, I know, I also need them cut back a little". She responded "I don't let mine get too long either." It makes my day to go back there and have a little girl talk.