PDA

View Full Version : Guess I have become on of the girls

JoAnnDallas
07-12-2006, 09:37 AM
A few weeks ago, I was back in the assembly area and one of the ladies noticed my acrylic nails. She asked if they were acrylic and I said yes. She then asked if I was using clear nail polish and again I said yes. She then showed my hands to one of her co-workers and she was impressed. Then another co-worker asked why I had them done. Before I could answer the first lady told her many men were now getting their nails done properly. Even her husband goes with her to her nail salon and gets his done. Now I have four ladies all looking at my nails, chatting with me and among themselves. Guess I went from being one of the guys to one of the girls. Any way I had to get back to work, as I was getting a little uncompy when I noticed on of my male co-workers staring at us. A few days later I was in the lunchroom and these four were eating lunch and invited me to join them. So I now eat my lunch with these four. It felt good because before I would come into the lunchroom and they would be there eating and I would say hello and that would be it. It makes my day to sit and chat with these four. It is kinda like being one of the girls. LOL.
The other day I decided to start using an eyebrow pencil on my brows to tone down the gray hairs and my wife noticed what I was doing. She kinda shook her head and rolled her eyes and nothing was said. She knows I’m a little weird anyway. Yesterday morning I was getting ready for work and my wife looked at my eyebrows and again shook her head. She asked me for my eyebrow pencil and touched up my brows. She did remark that it did make my brows look better, which was a relief to me. I know I have been pushing the envelope and was glad she didn’t think much of it. No one noticed until lunch yesterday when one of the ladies I was eating lunch with the ladies remarked that eyebrows looked really nice. I said that I was using a pencil to tone down the gray. she smiled and asked why I didn’t color my hair too. I said I used to but I developed an allergy to the hair dye. Then the topic changed to makeup and this one lady remarked that men were using more makeup and asked me if I used any makeup. It never fails to be asked a question like this when you have your mouth full of food and can’t talk. So these four are now staring at me waiting for my answer and I’m trying to swallow my food and thinking what to tell them. So finally I can talk again and I say that I do use moisturizer, a little firming cream on my face and I do touch up my eyebrows. I explained that my sister and wife thought it would help make me look younger while I was looking for a job last year and I kinda got used to it. One lady said her youngest son wears makeup to high school and such. I raised an eyebrow and she quickly said that a lot of the boys in his school were now wearing makeup. She did not say why and I did not ask. LOL I guess the metro sexual look is now into high school.

Emeralddragon
07-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Well things seem to be going great for you anyway. Its always nice to be part of a group like that.

Though on another note whoever came up with the term metrosexual should be shot. It sounds so stupid.

Calliope
07-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Very cool! It's a great relief to sense a (positive) trend in the nation right now, sounds like you're riding the wave (at work) with aplomb. Lunch conversation always improves in female company.

Every now & then, someone from the Muslim community here will query my girl fashion sense; if I sense any hostility I simply say 'this is a great way to get girls to notice me.'

tekla west
07-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Mark Simson gets the credit (blame) for first using the term on Nov. 15, 1994 in The Independent, but it did not take off till he used it again on July 22, 2002 in Salon.

At least you know who to blame.

JoAnnDallas
07-12-2006, 01:11 PM
The four ladies are Jean, Kitty, Carylon, and Debra. Well today's topic was fashions, both mens and womens. Kitty was looking at a new catalog and passing it around. They kept asking me my opition and did see a couple of items that made me lick my lips, but I stayed cool and didn't say what I really felt. LOL Debra did ask me what brand of moisturizer I used. I told her O'Lay. She then asked if I every tryed Mary Kay brand. I said no, neither I or my wife buys from Mary Kay. I suppect she is the house Mary Kay lady, since there are Mary Kay catalogs laying on the lunchroom table. LOL. I'm waiting for Debra to hit me up on some Mary Kay products. LOL If she does, I'm going to ask her "I didn't know Mary Kay had products for men". It will be a hoot to see what she answers.