PDA

View Full Version : do what you want no one notices

Wendy me
07-12-2006, 01:51 PM
on monday i went to the beach with my wife :happy: we planned a day at the beach to get some sun and have a good time .... i woke up early shaved my leggs , and shaved my face and also shaved my under arms as well .... put my hair in a loose pony tail got my short shots on and flip flops .... a tank top and my femy sunglassess off we go to the beach.....we parkedv the car and walked down the board walk .... and got a bite to eat .....soon after we were claming our place on the beach .... the beach was packed with people ...it was a nice hot sunny day ...

we were catching up on our tans we played in the way too cold water and went for a walk .... latter we went to get something for lunch and do some shopping (what you think i am going to miss out on shopping??) point is we saw 1000's of people and were also seen by them as well no one stared no one said a word no one cared at all and i most deff.. did not eather...

so the thing is a lot of you girls out there stress abought some one seeing your shaved leggs ... thay don't or thay just don't care .... get out the razzor and just do it.... the one you fear the most is you .... i noticed that people of all types are at the beach each is a little diff... than the next and thats ok don't let fear of what outhers think stop you from doing what you want to do...:D :happy: :hugs:

Emma England
07-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Recently started shaving my legs. It feel sooo much nicer than having all that ugly hair.

Never known what the point of hairy legs is anyway. Hair on your head is trying to protect your brain, but hair on legs? Surely if women wear skirts, then it is their legs that need protecting more than men wearing pants!!

The only downside is that you have to keep shaving every couple of days :sad:

Glad you had a nice day at the beach - it is warm enough for it.

Calliope
07-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Mmm, sounds like a lovely time.

I would like to add (shaved legs, etc.) we are hyperaware of our appearances and, certainly, almost the whole world notices the 10% of young girls who possess great beauty but: there are many unattractive GGs out there and they have been 'teaching' people to pay attention to other stuff. I figure I'm rarely noticed because I'm an unexceptional-looking old broad - and proud of it.

Lilith Moon
07-12-2006, 02:32 PM
:iagree:

I've been shaving all over for some time now. I also have my own hair down to my shoulders, although male pattern balding means I now have to wear wigs when en-femme. So, I'm sure I must stand out from the crowd a bit even in boy mode. Guess what ?

No problems at all. 0.02

bobbie anne
07-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Hi all. Just want to say thanks for the tips all you gals pass along. I had read to use conditioner when shaving your legs. Well yesterday I did and it was a breeze, better than shaving cream. Even though it was warm I had to put on a pair of nylons for a little while, it felt so good on my newly shaved legs. I have been shaving my legs for 3 years and only once did someone say something, answer yes I shave makes it easier to apply suntan lotion. Keep up with the good suggestions. Bobbie anne

Han
07-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Both Male and Females in ancient Egyptian times shaved there body hair, everything except the top that is.

LaceyDee
07-12-2006, 03:00 PM
I have almost no leg hair and I usually shave off what is left...I just love the feeling of hairless legs. I never get any funny looks from others when I am wearing shorts, etc. and my wife likes it too!

tekla west
07-12-2006, 03:37 PM
I doubt that most people notice. The level of attention to detail in our society is very low - heck the attention span of most people anymore is almost non-existent. The people who do notice, who have a high level of attention to detail, tend to be be people who don't care.

So, for example, I think most veteran police officers would notice, because they are trained to do that, and have worked at it, so the skill is highly developed. A lot of us notice it, because we have a hightened sensitivity to it. We train ourself to look and notice, what to most people is not even on thier radar.

Caroline Simmons
07-12-2006, 04:07 PM
I have a hairless body and take part in road running. no one says a thing

Caroline xx

Joy Carter
07-12-2006, 04:17 PM
Hi Ya Wendy you think maybe the beach just draws a differant crowd than say a mall or hardware store+? I think it would be to much for me in the area I live, maybe just to aware of the other peeps (people).

jennig
07-12-2006, 04:19 PM
hi i totaley agree with you people dont care and if theay do so be it if we dont want hair on our legg or arms thats up to us. after not having hair on my arms leggs well whole body I would never go back to my ape man days its so much cooler and cleaner

hugs jennig0.02

Julie York
07-12-2006, 04:22 PM
It's not the people I don't know that bothers me. It's people I DO know!

But yes I agree generally.

cindybarnes
07-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Julie just said exactly what I was thinking ! Im not worried about what people I dont know think about these things,,, buying Cindy stuff at the store for example, no probs at all,,,, but I work with about 20 guys in a shop, and since it gets pretty hot in there, usualy several degrees warmer that it is outside, the management lets us wear shorts. Now I know some of them aint the sharpest crayons in the box but sooner or later somebody may put 2 and 2 together *S*
No I dont have a bike,, no I dont swim,, especialy topless LOL,, I have considerd all the excuses and for me its just 5 months of ugly legs. I do stay shaved up top all year so that helps.
Now that I look at the calander I have just about 70 days to wait LOL

Cindy

Wendy me
07-12-2006, 05:12 PM
It's not the people I don't know that bothers me. It's people I DO know!

But yes I agree generally.

Julie i live in a red neck town ...all the people here know each outher and i do short shorts and tank tops all summer long no one ever said a word... at hunting camp not a word ... and visiting my dad at the nureseing home were my wife works not a word... you say it bothers you if people you know see it ..,, a little food for thought your earrings were a big deal for you right ?? (btw huge con grads on that .....) that turned out ok right???

Julie York
07-12-2006, 05:19 PM
Julie i live in a red neck town ...all the people here know each outher and i do short shorts and tank tops all summer long no one ever said a word... at hunting camp not a word ... and visiting my dad at the nureseing home were my wife works not a word... you say it bothers you if people you know see it ..,, a little food for thought your earrings were a big deal for you right ?? (btw huge con grads on that .....) that turned out ok right???

Yes..The earrings thing, no-one says anything to my face sure. No idea what they think. But I'm not known as "That big poof with the pony tail.....woo don't say anything he's here!" .

har har har.
:D

Wendy me
07-12-2006, 05:34 PM
lol point made Julie i am also the poof with the pony tail ..and not as big as i use to be lol or do i have a fat butt????? i geusse we all get to what ever level of comfy we can and it's all good .... we should only do what we feel confy in doing ... btw i so want to get my ears preiced .... some day i will ...

it's all good sometimes we just scare ourselfes a bit..... me i am afraid of that earring gun more than what or who would notice......lol....

Julie York
07-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Oh go for it Wendy. If there's a will there is a bottle of Jack Daniels and a friend with a sterile needle.:D Though, I would recommend the proper medical method because it is very quick and simple.

Someone said somewhere about a thing you can actually BUy in a chemists for piercings? You could DIY.

toniloraine
07-12-2006, 05:43 PM
i shave my legs and wear shorts also. the only time anyones said anything isa lady in the store said (nice legs) as i was standing in front of her. i looked back and told her thank you.:heehee:

Ann lee
07-12-2006, 05:46 PM
I agree with a lot of them!!! don't be afraid!!! i do it all the time and no one bothers plus i just got my right ear pierced and its been a week and no one noticed!!!

Carlacd
07-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Due to health problems i have not shaved in 19 months, but that will change tonight. Also did my toes in a nice pink color and finally got my right ear pierced. Had the left one done 20 years ago. Life is good again.:happy:

Charleen
07-12-2006, 09:43 PM
This is like an up-date on my thread awhile back - do they notice? It's been a week and only 4 people have said anything about my newly pierced ears. Wendy, I went to a place called Piercing Pagoda in a mall, They are probably all over, and it cost me $24.00.Professional and sterile all the way. Guys with both ears pierced are a dime a dozen today. Still have my long nails clear coated, five rings total, two bracelets, one being a charm which i was told tonite was terrific,shaved except for my arms, and what do they notice? That Ihaved my 'stache and goatee. Everyone! Had my doubts when I did it as I had them for over 30 years, but they all love it and say I look yonger, and being 55, I'll take the complements! What I'ved found out in the last week is that "they" don't notice and even if they do really don't care. Or at least keep thier opinion to themselves. Love and xxx, Lily

Rachel Morley
07-12-2006, 10:09 PM
I shave almost all of my body, so obviously my legs are included. I also keep them (fake) tanned up and I always wear women's shorts. I often wear women's open toed saltwater sandals with very pale pink toenail polish. Only once did I ever feel that someone gave me a second look. It was a teenage girl in a shopping mall as was looking in the store window and she was next to me.

Anyway, my point is, no-one cares about hair free legs. I even went to a roller coaster theme park recently with Marla, her teenage son, and his two best buddies. I was in shorts and tennis shoes and of course my legs were shaved. It would seem that not even teenage boys care either. I agree whole heartedly with Wendy, go for it and don't worry about it. :D

Dee 1062
07-12-2006, 10:19 PM
You go girl and your right.....!

natasha
07-12-2006, 10:20 PM
I started shaving my legs this past winter and was totally worried about what to do when the short season arrived. I bit the bullet and went out in shorts with shaved legs............guess what nobody has said a thing, well except my wife who teases me that my legs look better than hers!!!!! No more hair no way!!

Ibuki_Warpetal
07-12-2006, 10:23 PM
I saw a woman in a skirt walking down the side of the road for some reason or another, and when I looked around at traffic, almost every guy was beaded right onto her, me included.
She had hot legs.

I guarantee you this, though, if she had turned around most everyone would have looked away. ;)
People notice, they just don't want to get caught admiring. :roflmao:

I've made it a point recently to keep staring at people when they look at me staring at them. Some girls like it.

Alicia_lynn419
07-12-2006, 10:51 PM
I agree with everyone else.. i've been shaving my legs part of the time for years - no problems... Since my divorce I've kept my legs shaved - still no problems.... the only person that has said anything to me about it has been my ex...

JenniferScott
07-13-2006, 05:33 AM
All this talk about shaving legs has convinced me! Actually I didn't need MUCH convincing as I already shave to reduce hair length. I'm off to make a clean shave :happy:

Toni CD
07-13-2006, 06:36 AM
hi gals, this is a very informing post. i always shave in the fall to spring. this is the first summer shaved. i have been out fishing on two trips with two different friends , no comments. been to the tackle shop no problem. been to my bass fishing club derby,no one even cared. so i am feeling very good about being out and about with no problem. the next step is going to work, it is good that i work for and by myself. thanks for all your thoughts and comments. love ya anettia....:happy:

Tracy Lynn
07-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Julie just said exactly what I was thinking ! Im not worried about what people I dont know think about these things,,, buying Cindy stuff at the store for example, no probs at all,,,, but I work with about 20 guys in a shop, and since it gets pretty hot in there, usualy several degrees warmer that it is outside, the management lets us wear shorts. Now I know some of them aint the sharpest crayons in the box but sooner or later somebody may put 2 and 2 together *S*
No I dont have a bike,, no I dont swim,, especialy topless LOL,, I have considerd all the excuses and for me its just 5 months of ugly legs. I do stay shaved up top all year so that helps.
Now that I look at the calander I have just about 70 days to wait LOL

Cindy

Same Here. I love summer but can't wait.

myMichelle
07-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Only one person has ever said anything to me about my having clean-shaven legs...Several years ago, as part of a routine physical exam, I had to have an EKG done so the DR. could see what my heart was doing. As a part of this procedure, they place a small electrode-type gizmo on your leg. Normally, they have to shave a small spot on your leg. The woman attaching the electrodes noticed thatmy legs were clean-shaven and asked me how come I shave my legs. I just told her I didn't like all that "fur." In hindsight, I should have just told her why I shave my legs--especially since it was her who asked the question! Anyway, it was no big deal.