PDA

View Full Version : Shy at the checkout/till?

heathr1
07-13-2006, 06:09 AM
Whenever I buy my fem items I only go to GG assistants to pay and also never queue at the till if men are behind me or can see.

Do you also feel more comfortable when it is only GGs watching?

Emeralddragon
07-13-2006, 06:18 AM
Well really i dont much care who's there. its just clothes. Who says theyre for you anyway. Most men would assume that you are getting them for your SO or something.

Emma England
07-13-2006, 06:21 AM
I am not fussed who sees.

But I do prefer dealing with women at the checkout.

When you are completely comfortable, you are not aware of what other people are doing.

Yes I am
07-13-2006, 06:23 AM
I spend a lot of energy convincing myself I'm just being paranoid. I actually feel conflict between the desire to stay below the radar and avoid confrontation and the desire to be bold and unashamed of who I am.

Karren H
07-13-2006, 06:43 AM
Doesn't matter......I buy what I want, where I want, when I want..... and they really don't care what I buy. To them a sale is a sale is a sale..

Love Karren

DeniseNY
07-13-2006, 06:48 AM
Sometimes I do get nervous or self-conscious when I buy fem items in drab. Other times, my desire to purchase those shoes or that top is greater than any embarrassment that I may feel in the process of buying it.

Other times, I shop en femme, and the checkout girls rarely even look up. They just see me as another woman buying a skirt.

So I guess that, in true female fashion, it depends on your mood???

Brianna Lovely
07-13-2006, 07:11 AM
Just do it!
I've seen many a gurl on this forum say "just do it" and I have to agree with them.
Although the first few times I went "big shopping" (more than a couple of items), I was a little nervous and hoped to get a GG cashire. After the first few times, I did not worry anymore. I went to check out with bra, panties, two skirts, three tops and a purse. The clerk said, you've got a very lucky wife, I answered, honey, they're for me. She looked shocked, so I said, I think all me should be able to wear a skirt, if they want to.
So much for being shy about shopping for Brianna's stuff.

Wendy me
07-13-2006, 07:30 AM
it only is as hard to do as we make to be ...i buy things for my wife all the time no big deal .... and like shopping for Wendy well hell yes if i see something i want it's sooooo mine and the gender of the person ringing up my things is not going to stop me from shopping ......

KateW
07-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Its funny, if I am buying stuff for my SO I'm not bothered at all, but if I want to buy anything for myself, I think the whole world knows. Of course they dont know, or care. LOL I will get over it eventually...

Tiana
07-13-2006, 08:12 AM
If your concerned about other people thinking 'oh he has bought that for himself' then don't be. Women assume that men are naturally shy when it comes to buying women's clothes so if anything they will help you more by being just nice.
In my early days shopping I would always take a pretend piece of paper around which I would look at as I was choosing items, this gives the impression you have your partners sizes written down.
But remember in shops you will always be looked at whatever by cctv so just go for it, you know what you like and your size so start to enjoy shopping and let everyone else get on with theirs. love Tiana

Lissa Stevens
07-13-2006, 08:19 AM
What helped me get over that was a few years ago. My wife had health issues where she needed LOTS of feminine hygiene products. Surgery fixed the problem but for over a year I bought enough of these products to fill a warehouse. It got to the point where I didn't care about the strange looks at a man buying these products. I started adding other femme items when buying this stuff so they are used to seeing me buy femme things.

kay_jessica
07-13-2006, 08:56 AM
I shop en femme, and the checkout girls rarely even look up. They just see me as another woman buying a skirt.

True enough, I now buy all my new clothes en femme. I just love it. I buy from big department stores and I go so often that one assistant even recognises me and is always willing to help.

Today I spent a little time at the Clarins counter having my lips done. The girl there was most helpfull. So I guess I would say don't be shy, you'r a customer and customers are why they are there.

Lawren
07-13-2006, 09:01 AM
I tend to pick a checkout counter where a mature woman is working. They tend to show less reaction to men purchasing fem things.

JoAnnDallas
07-13-2006, 12:36 PM
I just bought a new pair of pantyhose and had to stand in line for a self checkout. The person behind me ( a man) saw the pantyhose package but didn't say anything and acked like that was nothing wrong. Now if I was holding a long line bra, garter belt, slip and a dress, he might have said something. LOL Then too I usually put these items into a basket instead of holding them in my hand.

Calliope
07-13-2006, 12:41 PM
A male clerk wouldn't deter me after I've put the effort and avarice into it, but I definitely have a better shop of it when the clerks are females. Actually, in all situations, I'd rather be around females (or other CDs).

noname
07-13-2006, 01:07 PM
relax, women buy guys stuff all the time. No one thinks nothing. I saw two women shopping in the mens section the other day. I had to refrain from rolling my eyes and saying, uhhh you know this mens section right? then follow up with an uhh ooooook then, I guess if works for you. Like I said it was difficult to refrain, but decided it wouldn't be right. Ever feel like dishing out what you get.

eleventhdr
07-13-2006, 02:23 PM
In the time's that i have gone out and bought femm stuff for myself I have been bold enough to tell them that it is for me and that i wear it for different reason's they realy do not seem to care to them it is to sell the cloth's and not who wear's them at all

hmmm!:

So anyway.

Maybe that's the wy it is suppose to be something to think about.

Yes i do think that women do buy mens cloth's even for themselves so why can not guys's buy womens coth's for themselves jsut as well!.

Jay Suzy!:

ava_bruna
07-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Doesn't matter......I buy what I want, where I want, when I want..... and they really don't care what I buy. To them a sale is a sale is a sale..

Love Karren

YES, Yes, yessssss. our money is as good as the next person's, m / f .

cute_michelle_cd
07-13-2006, 04:40 PM
I dont mind either way. i buy clothes of all kinds for my wife. and have sence we have been together. i just like womens clothing! for me or my wife and when i but she wears what i like. so it is good all around.:D

Kristen Kelly
07-13-2006, 05:05 PM
The more you do anything the easier it gets. I shop all the time dressed and in drab, once in Sears I had gotten 2 pair of jeans for 5.99 pair, 3 tops for 1.99 ea, 10 pair of panties for $10 and the woman at the check-out said," Your wife or girlfriend is lucky you buy things for her, you got some great deals. I told her she'll have to fight me to get them, there was a second of silence and then a little giggle. Dont know any store that would refuse a sale.

Marla
07-13-2006, 05:14 PM
At this point in time I really dont care what the clerk thinks. I just purchased two lipsticks today at the Elizabeth Arden counter in a large department store and honest to goodness nobody cared! I didnt try to make excuses I just bought what I wanted and left! Of course I wore my lush red all the way home and yes some people noticed but again I didnt care.
My femenine self is very confident now after all these years and is becoming my only self. When I got home my wife obvoiously saw my lips and I told her that I love wearing lipstick and amazingly enough she didnt freak and now I believe that the rest of my feminine life will be OK with her also. Be yourself! Ive decided that Im going to be me forever!

triciaannmarie
07-13-2006, 05:24 PM
I find that wherever you go in the checkout line the cashier doesn't
care what you buy as long as you keep buying so they can keep their jobs.

Its not like you need a license to buy things in a store. You could be a purple man from outerspace and as long as your buying they don't care, they just want to do their shift and go home.

tricia

Mellisa S.
07-13-2006, 05:49 PM
I usually go to a female casheir, but mostley because I have a tendency to do some friendly flirting with them. If I get them to joke around with me, it calms my nerves a bit(that's another trick for you nervous gals out there, flirt with them) Once they see that I am being a playful flirt they sometimes joke if the stuff I buy is for me. If I tell them yes, they just think that I am still being playful.