PDA

View Full Version : kids

heathr1
07-13-2006, 06:32 AM
If you have kids who know about your dressing, what is their attitude?

Carroll
07-13-2006, 06:41 AM
I have a 4yo daughter and a 7yo son. My daughter does not seem to mind it, just tells me to take of the hair every now and them:happy:
My son...well he found out one night by accident when he got sick in bed. There was no time to change because my wife gets sick with the sight, sound, or smell of vomit. He looked at me and had a grin on his face. The next day we talked about it. A few weeks later I asked if it was OK if I dressed in the morning sometimes. My wife did not approve but he said it was cool. I have dressed three times since school has been out and he does not even react anymore. He will call me Mrs Daddy sometimes which is rather funny! He does understand that he is not to tell anyone about it also

Carroll

Emeralddragon
07-13-2006, 07:24 AM
Ive been wondering what Id do in the event of me having kids. This should be interesting.

Sandra
07-13-2006, 10:29 AM
We told our daughter about Nigella's CDing when she was 14 nearly 3 years ago now. She just looked and said "yeah I knew sommat was going on, now can I have a look through your clothes to see if I can borrow any, oh and also your makeup". Amy supports her Dad as much as I do and god help anyone who makes any snide remarks, she even went up to a couple of staff in a supermarket who were having a good stare and told them " Do you know it's really rude to stare and snigger", they didn't know what to do with themselves. She even told all her mates at her school.

Personally I think her attitude is ace and we love her to bits. :)

Olivia
07-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Our children, a son who's 24 and a daughter who's 26, both know about me. They are very supportive and I haven't noticed any change in their behavior to me; of course, it will soon be two years that they've known, so they have had plenty time to adjust. I'm still just ol' dad to them, no matter what I'm wearing it seems. And, I like that attitude. When I came out to them, I told them that I had been a cd since I was 13. So, throughout their entire life, I was a cd and I was still a cd and they could see that I was still the same person they had always known. Except now, I was being completely honest with them for the first time. It felt great to be relieved of that long-held secret and it felt even greater to have their love and support after telling. Olivia

Melinda G
07-13-2006, 11:15 AM
I woud never expose my kids or grandkids to it. Period!

eleventhdr
07-13-2006, 02:07 PM
Yeah some time's kid's can sure adapt to this much better then otthers who are not related to you in anyway.

Funny how that is but yeah kid's are neat that way they will be fine with how you are and how you might live

Dresssing like this is no problem to them..
Heck they might even want to do the same..
And then you can help them understand that it is no big problem to be kind of different and not be bothered by this kind of stuff

Like threre is really anything ever wrong with being different in anyway's

Hmmm!?

I know!.

Jay Suzy!:

Calliope
07-13-2006, 04:04 PM
I've two girls - ages 7 and 2. I am the stay-at-home-parent (housewife). The toddler has known for awhile, the older child was told only recently (after a gradual 'buildup' period, such as adding pigtails months earlier). I kept in mind that (at least my) kids usually do not make note of their parents' appearances - when I once shaved a huge 'redneck' beard I had over 2 years, my oldest girl, then 4, didn't notice in the least; it's all about their needs getting met.

At first, she voiced some apprehensions. 'How will I tell you and mom apart?' Funny question since mom never wears makeup, dresses, skirts or jewelry and she hasn't visited a hair salon since 1990. I reminded my girl that women stay women even if they wear guys' clothes - and then extrapolated from there. That satisfied her fears and it's been thumbs up since. (I should add that I replace my skirts with women's pants when the whole family goes out together.)

It's different with the youngest. Since she'll grow up with my dressing, she won't think anything of it at all. Lookout, all you prospective suitors in the future!

Kate Simmons
07-13-2006, 06:54 PM
My oldest Son doesn't like it. My youngest Son and his wife are okay with it. My youngest, my Daughter, is undecided. Ericka

lisa68
07-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Well, with my daughter who is 13 just says to me that she loves me more than life itself, but I'm werid. And that alright for as long as she still loves me. But my step daughter 17 is not sure and says she feels bad for me that how others will look at me with dirty looks. She understands how I feel and she ok. Now I have a 15 old step son and dosen't know at all. I think it's the best thing for now. It's hard to be a young man these days and I don't want to add to the pressure.

Kayla Smith
07-13-2006, 10:11 PM
I came out to both of my daughters(14 and 12) last August about my CDing and all they both said was "Yeah,Ok....can we now go back to watching our cartoons ". They now know about every detail about my transition and they still do not care. They just tell that they will always love me no matter whether I am male or female.

I feel that being upfront with my daughters is the best way to be a parent to both of them.

Melanie R
07-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Of four grown children all know and three are totally accepting and have spent considerable time with Melanie. Our granddaughter also knows and is very accepting. She tells about when and how she met Melanie and her feelings about her grandfather who enjoys being a woman on the August 29 segment of Secret Lives of Women on the WOmen's Entertainment channel.

Hugs,

Melanie

lostmyhubby GG
07-13-2006, 10:42 PM
Why hide anything from your kids??? Trisha and I told my daughter first who is a very mature 12 and she was a little quiet about it at first but now she loves it now that she has discovered Trisha and her can wear the same size clothes almost.....My Son i eased into it slowly only to find he laughed and thought it was funny, even tried a bra on and Trisha's breast forms running around the house pretending to be Mrs.Doubtfire....now both kids are totally cool with it....I dont hide anything from my kids, i tell it like it is, whether its sex,drugs,alcohol,money etc......i dont sugar coat anything. Also dont want my kids to grow up being critical of others who are different after all their real Dad is gay and has a wonderful partner so they are acustomed to different aspects of life.

Diane

JenniferMint
07-13-2006, 11:29 PM
*wonders if anyone has kids who knew about their dressing ever since they were born*

In that case, I would think there'd be almost no chance of the kid thinking there's anything weird about crossdressing.

Phoebe Reece
07-13-2006, 11:40 PM
My wife and I decided before our kids were born that they would grow up with full knowledge of my crossdressing. We followed through with that and it worked out fine. Our daughter is 30 now and our son is 26. Neither of them ever had a problem with it. I am still just "Daddy" no matter how I am dressed.

rosiegurl
07-13-2006, 11:47 PM
My SO has 2 kids who both know, a 21 year old at college, and a 15 year old living with us, and niether of them care in the slightest. in fact the 21 year old was bragging about her mom dating a CDer on her myspace account *laughs*

Sissy_in_pink
07-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Hi, my kids have known since they were little. I have 2 a boy now 18 and girl 16 this month. My wife even though she knew, had not actual seen me in a dress only nighties, tights and pantyhose, would always be making snide remarks in front of the kids. My daughter has always been fine with it and used to compliment on what I was wearing, but as she got older she too started to complain about my CDing. My wife told me my daughter was worried that someone would find out and she would be a laughing stock. Personally, I think after years of listening to her mother, has turned her off the idea of her dad in a dress.
Children should be allowed to know from an early age before their minds have a chance to be corrupted by friends or the media, but this does not always work if a member of the family poisons their mind about it.