PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to, but I don't have much choice

Jill
07-13-2006, 05:57 PM
What I'm talking about is moving home, into my parents house. The day I moved out I swore I would never go back but due to cicumstances in my life, it seems to be the only working solution due having my lease expire and I'm planning a future job change that will cause me to relocate drastically.

It will only be for a month or two, hopefully but here's the dilemma: Living with my parents. Unfortunately, they are both somewhat nosey, especially mom who has been known to snoop around the room and through things while you're not around. She does it in the name of "straightening up." I honestly don't think she goes in with the intent to help and straighten things up and ends up doing a little snooping in the process. I'm going to get a storage unit to put most of my belongings which will help me hide a lot of my clothes. But I'm really not sure, if I go through with this, what I'm going to do and how I'm going to hide my clothes and my secret from my parents. Anyone have any ideas, suggestions or feedback on this subject?

Mellisa S.
07-13-2006, 05:59 PM
I shudder to think how I would be if I had to move back in with my parents. To help you out, best thing to do is rent out a storage area and keep everything there. If not possible, buy a lockable box that will hold everything you have.

Kerry Owens
07-13-2006, 06:19 PM
get a sturdy piece of lockable luggage. I'm talkin the kind that can handle a elephant using it for kickball and still staying intact and locked.
That's what I had to do with a landladies extremely sneaky son, who kept getting into my meds. Heavy duty meds at that, so I was very afraid of his getting overdosed.

Ellie
07-13-2006, 06:25 PM
Many u-store-it places have small lockers for rent that are about the size of a 2 drawer filing cabinet. But the lockable luggage will provide easier access.

Karren H
07-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey if its really only for a month, suck it up, store all your fem things and be the son that your Mom wants for a while. Yeah it will be tough on you but its not like its something you have to live with the rest of your life!! Think of it as a "get in touch with your male side...again" vacation!! Hehehe What have you go to loose? Might be kind of fun. Trying to pass as a male! :D

Love Karren

Like you'd expect me to be the one not promoting crossdressing...wait till Emily reads this. :):):)

Jill
07-13-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm not really so sure that I want to lock up every single peice of clothing up in storage. It's strange but that idea is really uncomfortable to me. I at least want to take a few pairs of pantyhose, but even taking that could be risky.

Lauren B
07-13-2006, 08:01 PM
I'm better than "been there, done that"- I'm "there, doing that" right now.

I've actually been back since last November, after my separation, and my mom is just as nosy as yours sounds like she is. I haven't dressed since then- what I did was got a storage unit and put my clothes in those vacuum-sealed bags to keep the air and temperature out. I'm using the opportunity to work on the mental, emotional, and spiritual side of myself and my "TG-ism" in the meantime, as well as using the money I'd be wasting on rent and putting it towards electrolysis instead. Do I wish I could dress- definitely. But I'm keeping in mind that I'm trying to start over, and that what I'm sacrificing now will help me do starting over the best I can.

My mom also did the "straightening out" thing in my room one day while I was at work. I'm not hiding anything, but I told her in no uncertain terms that there was absolutely no reason for her to be rearranging or touching my stuff EVER- that I survived on my own for many years without needing my Mommy to straighten up my room for me. It's worked- she's backed off about that and a lot of other things, too. I sort of got the chance to show her that I'm an adult now and expect to be treated as such.

I know your situation is different, as is everyone's, but if I can come back here for eight months and running, I have to believe that you can do a month if that's what you have to do.

Good luck in whatever choice you make.

Danielle

Stlalice
07-13-2006, 08:04 PM
I would second the idea of using a piece of lockable luggage to store a few items - Alternately a lockable storage tote/container. Either should discourage a casual snooper. Also depending on how computer savvy your folks are, you might want to make sure that you have good strong password protection on your computer for your log on. Also if you use Firefox activate the master password option in the options/preferences>passwords tab. Last, get a simple privacy lock for your door lest someone visit you at an awkward moment. Good luck !!! :D :D

SherryLynn GG
07-13-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm not really so sure that I want to lock up every single peice of clothing up in storage. It's strange but that idea is really uncomfortable to me. I at least want to take a few pairs of pantyhose, but even taking that could be risky.

If its only gonna be for a short period of time and youre that worried about her finding something then your best bet would be to put everything in storage.....or if you have a car put it in the trunk

Wenda
07-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Hey if its really only for a month, suck it up, store all your fem things and be the son that your Mom wants for a while. Yeah it will be tough on you but its not like its something you have to live with the rest of your life!! Think of it as a "get in touch with your male side...again" vacation!! Hehehe What have you go to loose? Might be kind of fun. Trying to pass as a male! :D

Love Karren

Like you'd expect me to be the one not promoting crossdressing...wait till Emily reads this. :):):)
OK, Super K has it right, again. (she is wise!) Get real! In the overall scheme of things, 30 or 60 or 90 days are negligible. Come on! You can't live without your bra, thong, etc for 45 or 54 or 78 days???
We can 'Go without' for days, weeks, months, or (God forbid!) years, without beining intiimate, yet still be a 'couple'.
I believe you need to go someplace quiet, try to understand who you really are, and what you want, and what you need, and what you are prepared to accept. Good luck, dear,

Rachel M
07-13-2006, 08:14 PM
It seem that mom and dad don't know as you want to keep this stuff hidden from them. Well, you will get the urge to dress so you could go to the storage unit dress up for a couple of hours then head back home. I've heard of other CDs who would do this. The only draw back is that you have to get back to the unit to change before closing time. You also might want to check into a local transformation shop, as many of them offer lockers and a place to change.
Rachel

uknowhoo
07-13-2006, 08:55 PM
as a follow-up to Rachel's suggestion... I used a changing room at the salon that did a make-over for me a while back - into femme, and back to drab. Might work 4 u 2. ;) Good luck, Tammi

Barb Valentine
07-13-2006, 09:12 PM
A storage unit is your best bet
But there's is got to be some where you can hide a few things
How bout a locked tool box the the closet ?

evol
07-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Yes love I'm walking in those same pair of heels right now. I didn't find the lockable footlocker I wanted at Sunny's Surplus, but at Target. And my fiance and I have agreed to meeting at hotels to spend our quality time. Once upon a time I would have left every piece in plain sight and dared her to ask questions, but now I'm using the time to bond with my 17 year old brother. He's in his senior year, and thats when I started messing up, so now I get to be a real live big brother! And yeah, I'm being as male as can be. Everyone is happy, but I was going crazy in the weeks before the move. A positive attitude and a good lock, best suggestion I can offer. But do yourself a favor, don't lock everything away. If you can, keep somethings in your glove box, or automobile trunk. Best of luck.

Bernice
07-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Jill,

It seems to me that you could easily keep one each of panties, bra, and pantihose, and if your nosey mother found them, you could say they were a souvenir of what's her name (who broke your heart when she broke it off). That ought to be "too much information", and your mother should want to back off after that.

This reminds me of a scene from the movie "Overboard" where Kurt Russel's character stashed panties belonging to Goldie Hahn's character in his glovebox, and she found them.

Much as I promote honesty with partners, I don't think it always makes sense with older parents. :hugs:

racquel
07-14-2006, 03:21 AM
Is honesty an option?

ronda
07-14-2006, 04:08 AM
why not talk to the apartment people and ask for a mouth to mouth lease and explain that you are planning a job change that will cause you to relocate :hugs: :happy:

Jill
07-14-2006, 10:13 AM
As far as my options go, honesty is definitely out. My parents are very conservative, they would not accept or approve. If I locked the door, that would only encourage my mother, she would be sure that I was hiding something. It seems the best idea would be to leave all the clothes in my storage unit and just hold off until I get a new place. But I also know that mom takes dad to dialysis three times a week, I'll have the place to myself. But right now, I am leaning towards locking it all up away from mom and dads place.

Michelle_cd_girl
07-14-2006, 10:53 AM
It's pretty easy to buy a lock that you can install in an existing wooden dresser with just a drill and a few tools. Usually the top drawer lends itself well to a rotating lock that'll cost you about $10 or less.

If that's not an option, I'd go for a couple of those soft case laptop carriers, or a backpack that you can easily lock. In desperate times (long past), I've stashed my clothes in the back of large speakers, and even inside computer cases... (yeah I got those 6 units for parts... you gotta problem with that?).

Whatever you do, you need your dressing!

connie rotten
07-14-2006, 11:35 AM
If I were in that situation at your age again I would do what I did back then which was to preserve indipendance at all cost. Live at a campground ,tent in the woods, get a room at the Y, I did any thing to keep from moving back in with mummy.0.02

Dixie Darling
07-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Best advice (as others have already mentioned) is to just put all your things in a storage locker somewhere OFF THE PREMISIS. Since your mother is 'snoopy' the idea about getting a lockable storage box and keeping some of your things in your room will only arouse her suspicions when she can't see what's inside and could lead to an uncomfortabel situation when she asks you about it. 30 days or so isn't that long to do without your things compared to all the time you'll have once your move is completed. Besides, it'll just make getting them back and wearing them that much more fun.

Dixie -- http://www.geocities.com/senorita_cd

Wendy me
07-14-2006, 01:05 PM
Jill lock up in storage what you dom't need then get a locable luggage thingy put that in your car trunk.....when the need to dress comes up get a hotel room you can dress without mom and dad prying ....and when your done clean up before going home .........

prettyinpink
07-14-2006, 11:07 PM
i'd say lock it all up what if she see's a locked bag . i moved back after about ten years and thank god i get privacy and have reached the point where not extremly worried about them finding them . but if a locked bag was found then comes explaining whats in it. first question would be is it DRUGS . or is it guns .and seeing as how your'e ma is bit of a snoop i think she would want to see inside . I KNOW mine would.0.02