PDA

View Full Version : My first pantyhose!

27th Jennifer
07-13-2006, 07:34 PM
I went to Walgreens and bought 2 pairs of leggs control top pantyhose for the first time! And lo and behold the world didn't end. They feel great!:happy:

Jolene
07-13-2006, 07:39 PM
Nothing beats a great pair of Leggs .. Jolene

Breanne
07-13-2006, 07:42 PM
And lo and behold the world didn't end.
That is, provided you paid for them. (just kidding) But see, it wasn't so difficult.

Marla S
07-13-2006, 07:58 PM
:eek:You shoudn't have done this. There is no way back.
All the troubel with runs, colours, patterns, ... OMG ... OMG:eek:

Congrats, some more fun in the world :thumbsup:

27th Jennifer
07-13-2006, 08:06 PM
The elderly gentleman at the counter didn't even look twice. It was kind of anticlimactic. Next up: makeup.

Calliope
07-13-2006, 08:24 PM
Great for you! Most low-wage clerks are zombies fighting off the nicotine jitters - and even if they 'notice' or 'care,' it's not going to be passionate. Blue hair, enormous tattoos, gangsta wear - there's so much stim out in the (fashion) world, it's all starting to wear thin for most old-timers. Enjoy yourself - there are many good times ahead for you.

What's really fun is makeup shopping - with a store full of GGs doing the same.

Barb Valentine
07-13-2006, 08:48 PM
They stop selling Leggs in Canada
But I love the feel of there Sheer Energy pantiehoses

Joyce1702
07-13-2006, 08:52 PM
Yeah, makeup shopping is more unnerving than buying women's clothing. It's not unusual to buy clothing as a gift, even lingerie, but how many men buy makeup for women?

One tmie I purchased a whole slew of makeup, foundation, eye shadow, lipstick, mascara, blush, the whole works, including a makeup bag. The checkout girl said, "Wow, some girl is going to be real happy." and I thought, "That's right...ME!".

Getting back to pantyhose. I bought several pair in a department store one time and the girl said, "So you've decided to start wearing these now?" and I just laughed and said "Yes". She said, "Well be careful putting them on, it's easy to run them."

I always enjoy that kind of banter with the clerk. I bought a girdle in another department store and the older clerk said, "Enjoy it now", while another clerk in the same store on a different day looked at me like I was an axe murderer.

I bought a slip in a small local store one time and the clerk said, "If it doesn't fit you, you can bring it back." Now how do you suppose she knew it was for me? :)

Joyce

KateW
07-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Ana Banana... isn't that name from Freaky Friday?

EricaCD
07-13-2006, 09:19 PM
actually the world did end. all the other posts here are a delusion of your fevered brain. and the rest of us are pretty darn upset that you ended the world over two lousy pairs of pantyhose....

Just kidding. Congratulations on taking that first step in shopping. The next ones will come easier! In the meantime, enjoy your purchases!

Erica

Charleen
07-13-2006, 10:21 PM
A.B., good for you girl! You broke the ice lam. You gotta lok out thuogh, as the flood is coming, hosr, then make-up, panties, Oh where will it end? Actually for me I hope it never will. BTW, anyone else notice this with her initials? A.B. the CD. Oh well it's late. Love and xxxx, Lily

hsv_phguy
07-13-2006, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=DayTripper]Great for you! Most low-wage clerks are zombies fighting off the nicotine jitters - and even if they 'notice' or 'care,' it's not going to be passionate. :Angry3:
I notice, I'm not low wage,I'm not a zombie, and I dont smoke... However if you get between me and my starbucks, there's gonna be trouble :p :tongueout

Tina P Hose
07-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Great on your first panthose purchase, actually walgreens brand are pretty good pantyhose.

Anyway I was at KMART today and I thought the hoisery selection sucked. but i did buy a shower curtain.

A few years ago I thought KMART had a wonderful pantyhose selection.

I will NOT shop a WAL-MART ever !

LynnDrew
07-13-2006, 11:18 PM
Ana you brought back great memories of my first time buying Fem clothes it was very exciting - good for you and good luck with the make up - Huggs Lynn

Emma England
07-14-2006, 06:07 AM
Congrats Ana.

Just be careful not to ladder them. Otherwise you will have to buy more! :D

Buying them is good, wearing them even better!

You will HAVE TO go shopping for more. Two is not enough. Remember there are seven days to a week, plus you need some spare as well.

JoAnnDallas
07-14-2006, 08:25 AM
Well done.. I just bought a new pair of black pantyhose and a male customer behind me noticed that I was holding the package and it said in big letters PANTYHOSE, so there was no mistake that the other guy knew what I was buying. He didn't bat an eye. I have had my wife call me up at work and ask me to stop on the way home and pick up pantyhose for her LOL. Now if I was standing there holding a couple of bras, six pair of panties, two garter belts, a couple of slips, then I might get an reaction, but not with pantyhose.
When I do buy lingerie, I usually buy one or two items at a time and use the self check line.
The next time I go to my doctor, I'm going to ask her about wearing a waist chincer to see if it will help when my back gets to hurting. I have read that many men buy them because they do help relieve back pain. If she is OK with it then I will have a perfect excuse to ask the wife to help me buy one. LOL

Lisa Marie
07-14-2006, 01:48 PM
I bought a package of panties the other day at Kmart with my shoes no one payed any attention to me not even the check out girl!

Harriet
07-14-2006, 01:56 PM
I love the feel of pantyhose. I guess I love the girlish aspect of them too.

27th Jennifer
07-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Thanks everyone! Now I just need to stash them someplace.... Too bad I can't dress more often. I don't know how the wife truly feels about it yet.:o

pinkshelly
07-14-2006, 06:58 PM
No it's not the end of the world. Just the end of any kind of money, cause next you will need that really cute skirt, then the top to go with it. the the hair, make-up, ear rings. Oh that belt would just look fab. Oh and that necklace. OH MY GOD, DID YOU SEE THOSE SHOES.
Huggs, Shelly.

Ellie
07-14-2006, 07:09 PM
No it's not the end of the world. Just the end of any kind of money, cause next you will need that really cute skirt, then the top to go with it. the the hair, make-up, ear rings. Oh that belt would just look fab. Oh and that necklace. OH MY GOD, DID YOU SEE THOSE SHOES.
Huggs, Shelly.

:iagree: as I am currently bidding on three different skirts on ebay.

jjjjohanne
07-20-2006, 07:45 AM
I remember my first pantyhose purchase. That was a stressful day. I bought the hose and several other man things like peanuts, etc. I walked that store for over an hour before I got the nerve to carry the hose to the checkout.

Today, I went to the store wearing shorts and hose and just bought a pair of leggs sheer energy active support nude hose. No reaction from the clerk.

My funniest pantyhose shopping experience, I was returning from work and stopped at a pharmacy. I bought a couple pairs of hose. As I was getting into my car, my wife called me and asked if I would be uncomfortable buying her some pantyhose. I didn't tell her that I just bought me some. She knows, but isn't excited about it. She does know, however that she can trust me to buy her stuff and get it right!!

J

jjjjohanne
07-20-2006, 07:45 AM
I remember my first pantyhose purchase. That was a stressful day. I bought the hose and several other man things like peanuts, etc. I walked that store for over an hour before I got the nerve to carry the hose to the checkout.

Today, I went to the store wearing shorts and hose and just bought a pair of leggs sheer energy active support nude hose. No reaction from the clerk.

My funniest pantyhose shopping experience, I was returning from work and stopped at a pharmacy. I bought a couple pairs of hose. As I was getting into my car, my wife called me and asked if I would be uncomfortable buying her some pantyhose. I didn't tell her that I just bought me some. She knows, but isn't excited about it. She does know, however that she can trust me to buy her stuff and get it right!!

J