PDA

View Full Version : My Girlfriend wants to put makeup on me!

IvyL
07-14-2006, 02:41 AM
When I showed my girlfriend some Japanese Game shows, including one where they dressed guys up as girls (really well, they look better than some girls!) my girlfriend asked if she could put makeup on me! Would you take that as a sign that she might be okay with CDing?

racquel
07-14-2006, 02:43 AM
Offer to let her and then you tell us.:heehee:

kimmigir1
07-14-2006, 03:13 AM
yeah i love when my gf does that (puts makeup on me ,she actually gave me a few pointers) but as for her being ok with it , thats up to her , makeup and then full out enfemme are 2 different things with two levels of severity (might be a wrong word to use , but im sure you get the point) i would bring it up jokingly , thats how i suggested to my gf about it , i was joking about wearing one of her bras she left at my house, and shes like "i dare you to wear it" and i did and took pix with my phone , and she loved it lol and the rest is history , but as i said makeup versus full out cding , are two different things i would tread VERY lightly or just do what i did ,and joke about it ,and see her reaction then use your better judgement whether to proceed or not

best of luck :D

Kimmi

Lisa Golightly
07-14-2006, 03:24 AM
It's a bit of a girl thing; I wouldn't read too much into it.

Marla S
07-14-2006, 03:30 AM
I wouldn't see it as a sign that she likes CDing, but it might be a good chance to test if she could like it and to start to talk about it.

ronda
07-14-2006, 04:03 AM
take her up on it let her do it have fun when she is done say all i need is a bra panties dress and high heels and see what she has to say if she goes and get you a dress and heels you know she is ok with it.:hugs: :love: :happy:

Bev06 GG
07-14-2006, 04:03 AM
Not on your life its not. Take care. Putting makeup on a guy is a fun thing to do and something that a GG would find abit of a challenge, but it doesn't mean you want him to go the whole hog with the dresses, boobs, wigs etc.
It could mean she's a heck of a lot more broad minded than many GGs and up for a laugh, and it could mean that she's finding out how you feel about it, maybe she is that rare breed that fancies CDs I dunno, but dont read too much into it. Take it as it comes.
BEVxxxx

RachelDenise
07-14-2006, 04:25 AM
Ivy, I agree with most posts here. It may not mean anything but it does open the floor for discussion and that's what it's all about! As my usual advice says: "Go slow!" Time and talking will tell the true tale of interest. If she is interested, then what's the hurry? You'll have found a partner who shares your life.:D

Wenda
07-14-2006, 05:44 AM
It is certainly a good attitude, and probably an indication that she is likely to be more accepting than some, but no guarantee. As the others have said, respond positively, and go from there, but take it one step at a time, at her pace. Over a two year period, my GF has gone from being uneasy about Wenday, to viewing her as a friend and shopping buddy.

Trish
07-14-2006, 06:08 AM
My CDing started like that when my girl friend, now my wife, wanted to see what I would look like in a dress. That was about 35 years ago, I'm still wearing dresses.

Kelli Taylor
07-14-2006, 06:46 AM
Go For It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

allisonrn06
07-14-2006, 06:54 AM
I would say that it could be a sign that she's ok with it,but not necessarily.My wife dressed me up as a woman for Halloween once,before she knew that I liked women's clothes and when she found out she wasn't accepting of it.

swiss_susan
07-14-2006, 07:22 AM
Well there is only one way to find out!

Susan

DawnLabelle
07-14-2006, 07:54 AM
take her up on it let her do it have fun when she is done say all i need is a bra panties dress and high heels and see what she has to say if she goes and get you a dress and heels you know she is ok with it.:hugs: :love: :happy:

I cannot dissagree more.

I used to have long hair for a long time, GGs *love* to play and screw around with a guys long hair and make it look feminine (i.e., french braids, pigtails, etc). Does this mean they are all secretly totally ok with cd'ers?, NO.

GGs (especially younger ones IME) love to dress guys up, does this mean they want a cd'er or are ok with cd'ing?, NO.

One approach to outing ones-self that I've seen a few times here starts this way, you let her dress you up a few times then spring on her that you are a cd'er claiming that "you liked it so much that you kept doing it". Hence putting the responsability of being a cd'er onto her shoulders instead of yours, when its your responsability to be ok with yourself and NOT hers.

Take the responsability, tell her the truth before she makes you over, or a few days afterwards. Dont automatically assume that she will be ok with you, dont be attached to the outcome. If you wait till afterwards, DONT even leave the possibility there for her to feel that she "turned" you into a cd'er, thats not fair to her.

honesty, COMPLETE honesty is the only way to go in these situations

Dawn

Calliope
07-14-2006, 08:15 AM
Really good advice here - cautious and slow is better.

Every magazine has a photo of 'dreamy' Johnny Depp - with lots of eye makeup; remember, his facial hair is still there, that's an indication of where America is at right now. Come to think about it, we're still retrograde compared to the 'glam' 70's when Bowie posed with Twiggy and it was hard to tell them apart.

That said, IvyL, by all means let her do the makeup!

JoAnnDallas
07-14-2006, 08:26 AM
Don't you dare refuse. Go for it.

Teresa Amina
07-14-2006, 08:32 AM
Ooooh! You've gotta let her know about You eventually anyway, this is a good opening. But what is that gameshow? I want to see it!

Carol A
07-14-2006, 10:01 AM
Well in my case my wife get's upset sometimes because she doesn't wear makeup. She get's mad because sometimes I look more like a women then she does. My problem is I go all out to look like a GG and she get's upset because I'm getting better with each try. Back to the question GO FOR IT and see what happens, you may be surprised :hugs: Carol A

Carroll
07-14-2006, 10:08 AM
My first wife noticed that I seem to like dressing up for halloween a bit too much, so one evening while I was napping, she started to put make-up on me. she noticed that I was getting "excited" about it. She woke me up hit my arm and asking if I was a "F%$king faggot". That was the end of any talk about CDing with her!

Carroll

Gurly
07-14-2006, 10:21 AM
Hell, I'll take your place if you decide not to do it!!!

Gurly
07-14-2006, 10:25 AM
Ooooh! You've gotta let her know about You eventually anyway, this is a good opening. But what is that gameshow? I want to see it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0xyfWom_r4&search=japanese%20game%20show%20crossdressing

I hope I've sent you this link correctly. Not that computer savvy. In event, here is the link to the crossdressing Japanese game show. The contestants are quite convincing. If, for some reason this link does not work, go to the YouTube websight and type in "Japanese crossdressing game show".

JasmineR
07-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Either she is ok with it or just wants to have a little fun. Either way let her do it and see if she will let you put on some clothing.

tekla west
07-14-2006, 11:34 AM
I'm down with the "Its a girl thing" vote. Don't read too much into it

connie rotten
07-14-2006, 11:39 AM
She just wants to put make up on you. Don't jump the gun.

sparks
07-14-2006, 12:58 PM
I would for now cool your enthusiasm and excitement. I know it would be exhilerating to let her play but that's all it may be. Think it logically out first.
And and as everyone here says "TAKE IT SLOW"
I know I would be jumping through whatever hoops it takes just to get my wife play with make-up. But I know when it is washed off she still wouldn't want to see strutting around en femme.

Emily1
07-14-2006, 01:21 PM
I believe it's important to be HONEST all the time with girlfriends - and if you loose a few on the way then so be it - but the main thing is BE HONEST WITH HER

ellieparsons
07-14-2006, 01:23 PM
My old Girlfriend did the same with me with wanting to put makeup on me, of course i didn't refuse. She used to put eyeshadow on me in the morning before we went to school, she wanted to know if anyone noticed, which no one did or said anything. She used do makeup and nailpolish with me. But I never got any farther than that, just makup no clothing. I wouldn't push the idea about dressing.

Lindahexi
07-14-2006, 01:33 PM
When I showed my girlfriend some Japanese Game shows, including one where they dressed guys up as girls (really well, they look better than some girls!) my girlfriend asked if she could put makeup on me! Would you take that as a sign that she might be okay with CDing?

Maybe, maybe not. Girls like doing that sort of thing, but mostly it's just for fun. Did you accept her offer? and if so how pleased were you with the results?

GG Vanya
07-14-2006, 02:57 PM
I cannot dissagree more.

I used to have long hair for a long time, GGs *love* to play and screw around with a guys long hair and make it look feminine (i.e., french braids, pigtails, etc). Does this mean they are all secretly totally ok with cd'ers?, NO.GGs (especially younger ones IME) love to dress guys up, does this mean they want a cd'er or are ok with cd'ing?, NO.

One approach to outing ones-self that I've seen a few times here starts this way, you let her dress you up a few times then spring on her that you are a cd'er claiming that "you liked it so much that you kept doing it". Hence putting the responsability of being a cd'er onto her shoulders instead of yours, when its your responsability to be ok with yourself and NOT hers.

Take the responsability, tell her the truth before she makes you over, or a few days afterwards. Dont automatically assume that she will be ok with you, dont be attached to the outcome. If you wait till afterwards, DONT even leave the possibility there for her to feel that she "turned" you into a cd'er, thats not fair to her.

honesty, COMPLETE honesty is the only way to go in these situations

Dawn

My ex, who's mind was as closed about CDing as the knees on a Nun, had *gorgeous* hair. VERY thick and a beautiful premature silver. He'd lie on the couch to watch TV with his head in my lap and I loved playing with his hair. There were a few times I even put it in "pin curles". :happy: (I love having that done to me as well, something SO soothing about someone brushing my hair.)

This was LONG before the idea of being in a relationship with a CD ever entered my mind. Additionally, if I had ever brought up the possibility of cross dressing him, he'd have had a major coronary. Hell, I jokingly bought him a pair of red bikini underwear one year for Valentine's day, and he was MAJOR insulted by it.

Additionally, had HE indicated there was anything remotely "CD" about him back then, I'd have run screaming for the hills. (I've come a long way baby!) :D

Toying around with something as simple as applying makeup or styling a man's hair does NOT an accepting GG make. For many GG's it's like playing adult paper dolls etc.

I'd be very careful about blasting your way out of the closet based on this one instance alone. Could very well be that she IS one of "us", but I'd take it very slow, watch for other signals if I were you.

triciaannmarie
07-14-2006, 04:17 PM
only one real way to find out

tricia

Michelle Ellis
07-14-2006, 05:05 PM
I wish I had a girlfriend who wanted to do that to me! I would definitely let her do it. I'd let her take the lead tho, see what she says and how she acts. One thing could lead to another and before you know it BAM, you're head to toe :p

But again, speaking as if it were me, I'd pretty much let her do all the talking, taking it slow. But enjoy it! :) lucky girl!

M

Kerry Owens
07-14-2006, 06:52 PM
be honest, upfront and calm, if she needs help in understanding, send her over to the GG forum. It's amazing how much I have learned and calmed down since I learned duh....I'm not alone.

Rachel Morley
07-14-2006, 10:35 PM
Listen to Bev06GG and GG Vanya. These GG's know....and I happen to agree, many times in my past a GG girlfriend was interested in somewhat "feminizing me" but in reality they did not care for cding per se. Caution required....

Barb Valentine
07-14-2006, 10:39 PM
Well YES:heehee:

Serena
07-15-2006, 01:46 AM
I agree with Dawn here, that just because she likes putting make-up on you doesn't mean she wants you in dresses. That's smart advice, because you can't assume that, and you can't rush into it or you'll be outed too easily. But that doesn't mean she isn't ok with it. And also like Dawn said, don't make her think she turned you into a CD when she didn't. I'd recommend letting her do it, then easing into more stuff, and bringing it up without sounding like you want it to happen, something jokingly, like "Heh, now all I need are the clothes" something along those lines

IvyL
07-15-2006, 02:08 AM
I havn't had a chance to take up her offer as she is in Hong Kong right now (I will be joining her in a week or so) but I will be sure to post her reaction when I do get a chance to do it.

cindyxdresser
09-13-2006, 09:49 PM
well you never know but it sounds like she wouldnt have a problem with it.You should watch more shows with her that have girls putting make up an guys and dressing them up ,casually start a conversation with her and see how she feels about it all and her feelings on it being done to you

eleyna
09-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Additionally, had HE indicated there was anything remotely "CD" about him back then, I'd have run screaming for the hills. (I've come a long way baby!) :D

One of my ex-gfs was that way and thought of me the same way - it was my front. I let her do those things a couple of times tho, put up a resistance but eventually let her. When I recently spoke to her she admitted she was actually not really interested in men, big thing for her to 'come out' to someone from her old life... So I admitted a thing for women's clothes and she went nuts :) Maybe one day we'll meet up again ;)

Would you take that as a sign that she might be okay with CDing?

Nope, but I would give in and then treat her to the make out session from heaven and see if she gets any ideas ;)

Jennaie
09-13-2006, 10:09 PM
I would go for it. After she is through and she tells me how nice I look, I would smile and do the Sandra Bullock, You think I'm pretty, You want to kiss me. If she responds with nice kisses, she's into it.:happy:

KateW
09-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Yeah, by all means let her, but don't read too much into it as girls love to play with peoples hair, paint their nails etc.

AmandaM
09-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Act like it's a joke. Let her do it, act like it's no big deal. Have fun with it, and then let it end. Then, see if she brings it up again. ....oooorrrrrrr.....when she's done walk around like a big dummy doing the worst impersonation of a girl ever, walk like a man, a masculine dunce, see if she wants to show you how to do it correctly. Play dumb. Maybe she'll decide to get you some heels. Continue to act like it's a joke, until she wants it to be more than that.

Julogden
09-13-2006, 10:21 PM
It's not possible to say whether that's a sign that she'd be OK with you being a CD.

Before my fiance knew about me, she dressed me up as a woman for Halloween once. After she found out that I crossdress, she turned against it entirely, so I would say tread lightly and don't assume anything, but by all means, take her up on her offer to dress you up and see what happens.

Good luck!
Carol

Robin Leigh
09-13-2006, 11:46 PM
I havn't had a chance to take up her offer as she is in Hong Kong right now (I will be joining her in a week or so) but I will be sure to post her reaction when I do get a chance to do it.

Just in case you didn't notice, this post is from 2 months ago. I wonder if young IvyL ever got that makeover? She seems to have disappeared...

I used to work with a girl who's a total makeup addict. She loves putting a little makeup on guys, like eyeliner & blush, but going from our conversations she seems totally clueless about CD & TG issue, and more than a touch homophobic.

Robin

Snookums
09-14-2006, 10:28 PM
Hey let her do your makeup,then see if she wants to take it farther,you never know