PDA

View Full Version : Irritated with Payless

allisonrn06
07-14-2006, 06:49 AM
Shoes are my favorite item to shop for and when I'm looking for a new pair I will frequently go into payless,even though they almost never have anything I like.But I went in there the other day with my wife,shopping for her,and they had about 5 shoes that I would like to buy!I find this irritating,as I can't buy all of them and they don't have any of them in my size - I would have to order them online.

Casey Morgan
07-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Well, I know how you feel but having worked for a sporting goods store for 6 years (until they went out of business) I understand their side of things. Shelf and storage space is limited. If something doesn't sell well enough to justify the space it takes up then usually it isn't worth stocking it. Payless serves the general public, not those who need larger shoe sizes. You can get some things in larger sizes simply because they know those will sell well enough. And some shoes simply don't come in larger sizes to begin with.

Honestly, mens size 12 sold alright at our store but certainly not as well as size 10. So we would stock 5 or 6 pairs of a style in size 10 and only 2 or 3 pair in size 12. And size 13 was hit or miss. Ladies size 10 was somewhere between mens 12 and 13; you never could tell what the story would be.

Some stores have the room to stock larger sizes. Some stores cater to larger sizes. Try some of them. It doesn't really make sense to keep trying Payless when you know you're probably not going to walk out with anything.

kwebb
07-14-2006, 07:16 AM
Payless has a pretty good on-line ordering service. Also check out www.avenue.com for larger stylish sizes as well.

Deedee_tv
07-14-2006, 07:59 AM
I keep a link in my bookmarks that I check daily for Payless.com - women's size 12 Wide. Even their website dramatically changes everyday. Sometimes they have 50 styles, sometimes 10. Payless will deliver the shoes to whichever store you choose at no charge. I stopped trying to find anything in their stores years ago.

Deedee_tv

Melinda G
07-14-2006, 10:18 AM
I am truly blessed. I have small feet for a guy. I wear a womens 8 /12 med, and can always find what I want.:D

connie rotten
07-14-2006, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't be caught dead in payless shoes:Pullhair:

Deidra Cowen
07-14-2006, 11:52 AM
I love payless but usually I am lucky if they have one pair in a store that might fit me. Therefore I just order from online and it works out pretty well!

Female 11W btw!

Lisa Marie
07-14-2006, 01:46 PM
Kmart has alot of nice shoes for women I bought me a pair to wear with my girl jeans the other day.

GG Vanya
07-14-2006, 01:56 PM
As Shari Ann said, it's a simple matter of logistics...supply and demand.

Imagine you had a peanut cart, selling boiled and roasted peanuts. The cart would only hold 100 lbs of peanuts and you carried 50 lbs of each. On a typical day you'd sell only 5 lbs of boiled peanuts, but sell totally out of roasted peanuts, with people asking for more. Now, wouldn't it make sense to cease selling boiled peanuts or at least reduce your inventory to 5-7 lbs, allowing an increase of the roasted ones?

Simplistic yes, but hopefully you see my point and won't take it so personally.

Sage GG
07-14-2006, 05:00 PM
As has been said if you go into Payless pick up any pair and they will get it for you from another store, not good for impulse shopping but great if you find a pair that you have to have.

DeniseNY
07-14-2006, 05:14 PM
That's good to know. I see so many really nice shoes in Payless that are size 7. And, my bad luck, I wear a 9. I can still get shoes from them, but the selection is not nearly as good in the 9s as they are in 6s and 7s.

I did find out (by accident) that you can go into the plus size stores (like Lane Bryant) and some sell stylish shoes starting in my size. I must admit, it does take a whack at a girl's self esteem, though...

tekla west
07-14-2006, 05:28 PM
never seen anything in payless that I had to have, I prefer Easy Spirit, Nine West and Capazzio, when I'm not in Cons or Birkenstocks, which is rare.

Lissa Stevens
07-14-2006, 05:40 PM
Try www.zappos.com. They are great to deal with. You can read the comments section to see how a particular shoes fits and shipping is free.

Billijo49504
07-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Boiled peanuts, that sound like YUCK!!!!
Oh, Payless gives a AAA discount....BJ

Taffy
07-14-2006, 10:14 PM
If you order online from www.payless.com and have the shoes shipped to one of their stores, there is no shipping charge. Furthermore, if you don't like the shoes, you can take them back to the store rather than shipping them back by mail. They really know how to integrate their online service and their brick-and-mortar stores.

Taffy

gwenrob43
07-16-2006, 01:32 AM
Try Shopko or Target. They have pretty good selections and sizes. Also on line.

love,

Gwen

KathlyLC
07-16-2006, 09:56 AM
Boiled peanuts.........don't knock em till you try em.......They are great.......The souths boiled goobers are to the south as the boiled opr roated chestnuts are to the north..

As for not getting caught dead in payless shoes, well thats kind of tough to support. A lot of girls just do not have a need for higher priced shoes considering they spend their times dressed behind a door in a motel or when they are alone at home, and even an el cheapo pair of shoes at that rate wold last a life time. However , if your out and about and in those shoes all dya long then yes, perhaps a better pair of shoes is in order, but if the shoe fits and your happy whats wrong with them.........I find good deals on shoes at Shoe Station and Shoe Rack as well as J.C.Pennys......or Kohls.

Taffy
07-16-2006, 12:04 PM
The one feature of Payless that is hard to beat is the range of sizes they carry. Being a 12W, most shoe stores (and most of the more tony brands of shoes) do not offer shoes in that size. A couple of other LG have feet even larger.

This is not just a problem for CDs. On alt.fashion a couple of years ago a woman reported that when she took her 13 year old, size 12 footed daughter to Nordies, the salesman told her that her feet "were too big." Needless to say that prompted a letter-writing campaign to Nordstrom, resulting in an apology. Still, we are not along and it really frosts me to see a cute pair of MJs and then find out they only go to size 9...

Taffy

Sage GG
07-16-2006, 01:24 PM
As for not getting caught dead in payless shoes, well thats kind of tough to support. A lot of girls just do not have a need for higher priced shoes considering they spend their times dressed behind a door in a motel or when they are alone at home, and even an el cheapo pair of shoes at that rate wold last a life time. However , if your out and about and in those shoes all dya long then yes, perhaps a better pair of shoes is in order, but if the shoe fits and your happy whats wrong with them.

I work in an office and wear heels (2 1/2"-3")all day. most of my shoes and boots come from Payless. I have them from Macy's to but fifty bucks for a pair or 11.99? As long as you have a few pair and can trade off it works out well, I usually wear five different pairs in a week. Most of the ladies in my workplace wear payless, we work at a great company for benefits but its not the highest paycheck. We need to dress business casual, all summer its jeans a t and great shoes.

terrigurl
07-17-2006, 08:29 AM
I have had good luck buying shoes at Avenue stores. They have larges sizes, and frequently they are on sale. Also, in the newspaper, there are sometimes 30% or 40% off coupons in the advertising circulars, which makes them even better deals. I bought some strappy heels in beige recently for about $9, and a pair of cute black pumps for about $10. They are very nice folks there, also.

jjjjohanne
07-20-2006, 07:29 AM
I have found that shoe stores in communities that have a larger black population tend to have larger shoe sizes. Perhaps foot size varies by race, I don't know...

DeniseNY
07-20-2006, 07:44 AM
I guess I missed the big foot memo!!! Must have been the day they were giving out the height.

I don't know if there is a correlation between race and shoe size, but there is definitely one between weight and shoe size.

SexxxyBrianna
07-20-2006, 08:52 AM
There are many Payless shoe store near me (at least 6 or 8), and only 1 of them has the larger sizes a gurl like me needs. Of course it is one of the furthest away from me near the city:rolleyes: I have found some good ones there, but my favorite place to get them online is... http://www.snaz75.com/ Lots of selection with good prices! :happy:

ava_bruna
07-20-2006, 08:57 AM
With a 13 wide ladies shoe, there are not many place's outside of online shoping, I have ordered shoe's from Payless and picked them up at a local store as they NEVER have my size in stock, TRUE, there never seem's to be much of a choice in larger sizes but I use to go into building 19 1/2 in Burlington, Ma, they alway's had my size and in something I liked, in fact im going there next Monday, wanna come help me? ;)

Ranee Daze
07-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Payless here in Ottawa usually has a few styles up to 12 1/2.

gennee
07-20-2006, 03:02 PM
I wear a size 13w in women's shoes. I have found a couple of pair of shoes at Payless. I'll have to shop at the more expensive stores or online. I'm a 12e in male size and have a wide foot.

Gennee

ava_bruna
07-20-2006, 04:37 PM
im not saying Payless didnt have my size, in fact they had alot but not my tast in most, Fredrick's has sale's and real good too. I know alot of ppl dont like Payless, cheap made but for us who dont really use them all that much, well you get the point:D ouch:)

Mitzi
07-20-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm with Gwen. Many of their styles come in size 11's (my size), and an occasional 12. And several, even in size 11, are really cute. Depending on the style, some even look like size 8's. And their selection of wedgies, this year's hottest style, will have you drooling...

Some are leather to boot, and the prices are not too much more than Payless'.

They're online at Target.com.

Mitzi

allisonrn06
07-21-2006, 05:09 AM
I must admit I got a lot more replies to this than I expected. My main intent of this post was more of a "isn't that funny-for the longest time Payless has nothing I like,now suddenly they've got 5 shoes that I like but I can't buy them all and their not in my size !" type of rant.But thank you all for replying!

Hugs,
Allison

Phyliss
07-21-2006, 05:19 AM
Something I discovered about the local Payless, one of the S.A. 's that works there is completely accepting of CDs. I went in there about two weeks ago looking for a pair of brown shoes.
She asked if she could help me, and I said that I was looking for something in brown, (wasn't really sure exactly what I wanted, I just knew I wanted brown) , she lead me to the mens asile and began showing me the styles they had. I told her we were in the wrong section. Without a moment hesitation she said OK lets go find you something you might like, as she lead me to the women's section. Her only question was, "What size?"
When we found something I liked she told me to put them one and walk around with them to make sure they fit right. So, I did, and they were just right. Even suggested a hand bag to go with them, which I just HAD to have.

Felt real good to be able to buy what I wanted with no negative comments. That young lady is very good at her work.

jjjjohanne
07-21-2006, 10:27 PM
I have been walking in some femme shoes at Payless en drab. The clerk walked by and saw me and without a hint of any reaction, she said, "Those look like they are working for you." I am pretty open minded about Crossdressing, but I don't think I could suddenly see a guy in heels and not at least show some facial expression of surprize or intrigue...

ava_bruna
07-22-2006, 06:51 PM
http://img22.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=98372_Picture_11_392lo.jpg

As much as I like Payless, building 19 1/2 IF YOUR LUCKY has some GREAT style's and prices, I got these yesterday, $14.95, perfect 13w, feel great.

BTW build 19 1/2 is in Burlington right on 3A, there are other building 19, other places,