PDA

View Full Version : Crop Pants

Karren H
07-14-2006, 11:57 AM
Well, I'm on the way to the doctor and stopped by Target. And found a couple pair of crop pants on sale. I've seen a few women wearing them and I like the look...skirt like at times and pant like other times. Almost like the old koolots (spelling I'm sure??).

So has anyone tried them? And if so how do they feel and hang? What type of material are they made of? The lighter silker cloth seems dressier and might be a nice change from skirts or capris!

Got to scoot to the doctor but I'm hitting Kohls on the way back to work.

Love Karren

GG Vanya
07-14-2006, 01:11 PM
I think you're describing the come back of the gaucho. "Clam digger" length but very loose.

They are very popular here. I don't care for them, but then again, I've never been one to follow trends. I wear what *I* like, matters not to me what everyone else is wearing. :D

Karren H
07-14-2006, 01:47 PM
I think you're describing the come back of the gaucho. "Clam digger" length but very loose.

They are very popular here. I don't care for them, but then again, I've never been one to follow trends. I wear what *I* like, matters not to me what everyone else is wearing. :D

Yeah!! That's them... And I admit it if do like to shop for fashionable things!! It's a curse and a gift (watching too much Monk!! Hehe).

So after the doctor I stopped at Kohl's and they are having a super 3 day sale! 70% off!! Fairly crowded but elbowed my way into the clearence racks!! Didn't mean to cross-check that lady! :). So I found a pair of gaugho pants, black, and a cute white scrunchyish knit top with black roses!! Took them to the mens dressing room, all the way accross the store, past the checkouts, and tried them on for size!! Fits like a glove so I bought them and the check out lady was very complimentary of my selection!! Now I need to find a place and time to wear them.....

That just struck me as odd..my wife buys things to wear to a specific occasion, I buy things and then have to find an occassion to wear them. Lol

Love Karren

SherriePall
07-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Karren -- Are you going to show us some pics taken in the examining room while waiting for the doctor? Just kidding. Please let us see some pics ASAP.

Karren H
07-14-2006, 04:01 PM
Karren -- Are you going to show us some pics taken in the examining room while waiting for the doctor? Just kidding. Please let us see some pics ASAP.

Funny but I do have a pic from the doctors office......

My MRI :D

Love Karren

Karren H
07-14-2006, 04:03 PM

Ohhh you ment of the pants.....here they are... And they feel so good on in the dressing room, really different than a skirt or pants.

Love Karren

SherriePall
07-14-2006, 05:55 PM
OK, Karren, you got me on that one. LOL.

tekla west
07-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Oh that makes more sense, when I read crop pants i was thinking something that looked like soybeans, or was made out of corn. Guess those would be Bio-Pants.

Jodi
07-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Karren, You've seen "a few" women wearing crops or capris? Excuse me, but where have you been hiding in the Mon Valley? :tongueout They are very popular and you see a large percentage of women wearing them now. The gauchos are a crop pant with a wider leg. The versatility of the crop and the gauchos is that they are advertised to go from summer into late fall. These can be worn with kneehigh boots for a great fall look. C'mon Karren. Suck it up. You can buy your first pair of pants and you know it.:heehee:

Jodi

Karren H
07-14-2006, 08:25 PM
Karren, You've seen "a few" women wearing crops or capris? Excuse me, but where have you been hiding in the Mon Valley? :tongueout They are very popular and you see a large percentage of women wearing them now. The gauchos are a crop pant with a wider leg. The versatility of the crop and the gauchos is that they are advertised to go from summer into late fall. These can be worn with kneehigh boots for a great fall look. C'mon Karren. Suck it up. You can buy your first pair of pants and you know it.:heehee:

Jodi

hehehe I have 2 capris and now one pair of gaucho's but female pants! NEVER!! I'd rather drink Youghiogheny River water!!! LOL

Love Karren

Kate Simmons
07-15-2006, 08:39 AM
Hi Karren, Are these crops good for action wear? Going to be needing something when I practice my combat gymnastics but it has to look good!! Let me know how they are. Looking for different outfits. Pics coming soon for my current Adventuress outfit. Love, Ericka

terrigurl
07-15-2006, 05:51 PM
That's the way Mervyn's advertises their pants of various lengths. I have a pair of gauchos, as well as a pair of crops, a pair of capris, and two pairs of jeans. The gauchos are black and very dressy; I can wear them with heels. The crops are also dressy; they are plaid and brown mostly. I wear them with heels also. The capris are beige and I wear them with platforms. The jeans I wear with heels or flats. I usually don't like myself in pants, but these were too fun to not buy.

Terri

Karren H
07-15-2006, 05:55 PM
Hi Karren, Are these crops good for action wear? Going to be needing something when I practice my combat gymnastics but it has to look good!! Let me know how they are. Looking for different outfits. Pics coming soon for my current Adventuress outfit. Love, Ericka

Think if you did a couple end over ends with these on and they'd be up around your head!!!

Love Karren

Karren H
07-15-2006, 05:57 PM
That's the way Mervyn's advertises their pants of various lengths. I have a pair of gauchos, as well as a pair of crops, a pair of capris, and two pairs of jeans. The gauchos are black and very dressy; I can wear them with heels. The crops are also dressy; they are plaid and brown mostly. I wear them with heels also. The capris are beige and I wear them with platforms. The jeans I wear with heels or flats. I usually don't like myself in pants, but these were too fun to not buy.

Terri

Thanks, Terri.

I agree with the gauchos as being dressy and they feel nice on too!!!

Love Karren

Julie Avery
07-15-2006, 06:35 PM
I'll take Yough river water any day over Allegheny river water.