PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a CD event for a first timer to attend

eve
07-14-2006, 10:35 PM
I have never ventured out of the house dressed because I just don't know where I would go and feel safe and discrete. For those who have attended any of the CD events, I'd love to hear about them. There are quite a few but I am not sure which one would be best for a "first time" experience.

noname
07-14-2006, 10:37 PM
Event? Just go to the store, it's quick, your in and out, and I think you'll find on one will bother you. Well, as long your not over the top.

Sharon
07-14-2006, 10:49 PM
Are you married?, single? looking for a support type situation?, a meet and greet?, a bar scene?, or something else?

And where are you?

Try doing a search using your state or city plus "TG Events" and see what pops up.

Billijo49504
07-15-2006, 12:01 AM
For the first time out, try 7-11 or MickyD's drivethru at night. Try shopping at some of the smaller boutiques or even the grocery store. Those are some of the safer places to go. You want a big thrill, go to Lane Bryant and try on clothes. That's a rush.....BJ

tekla west
07-15-2006, 12:26 AM
Find a nice quite little gay bar - or a super huge gay dance club, either way depending on your taste and desires, and either sit and talk, or dance your ass off, what ever makes you feel more fem.

Kristen Kelly
07-15-2006, 01:05 AM
Find a nice quite little gay bar - or a super huge gay dance club, either way depending on your taste and desires, and either sit and talk, or dance your ass off, what ever makes you feel more fem.

Great Idea if you find 1 with a drag night even better.

tekla west
07-15-2006, 03:19 AM
Perhaps, but the compeition at shows is fierce, and I've yet to see a drag show - other than Trannyshack - that I liked.

Ophelia D'Void
07-15-2006, 04:17 AM
Hiya Eve,

Looking back on my first days going out, I'd have to say one of the simplest events to go out in drag would be Halloween. That's when all the closet CD's go out anyways, so you'll be in good company, plus it can be very non-committal, so no one can really tell if you're doing it as a gag or for kicks.

For a quick fix, find a club or bar in your local gay sector of town, and if you feel uncomfortable, try going out in drab to scope the place out if it'll make you feel better about it first.

Best of luck with that...
O

connie rotten
07-15-2006, 04:27 AM
Not much one can say to you when no one knows where you are nor your age.

Sally24
07-15-2006, 05:27 AM
I agree with Connie. If you're here for help you need to give a little info. You don't have to put personal info in your profile, but how about something? Age? State or region?

Kate Simmons
07-15-2006, 08:24 AM
Actually Eve, You can make your own "CD event" as pretty much everyone has said. All you need is your imagination and the sky is the limit. Ericka

Lilith Moon
07-15-2006, 08:30 AM
If the suggestions so far sound a bit daunting then you could always try going for a drive to get started. Maybe you could stop at a parking lot, try getting out and busy yourself with a few activities, stray from your car a bit, depending on your comfort level. Then maybe go purchase some gas. These are small progressive steps that might help build your confidence before interacting directly with other people.

Kieron Andrew
07-15-2006, 08:34 AM
where are you located? what country?

DonnaT
07-15-2006, 08:53 AM
My first event was a Christmas party by a local support group. The party was open to anyone, and I was not a member of the group. I knew a couple of people in the group via another forum, which helped.

So, find a local support group to join.

But, like some of the others ask: Where are you located? It would help in us making suggestions. Also, the event section of the forum should give you some ideas.

Elizabeth Anne
07-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Living in the Atlanta area, I have to recommend Southern Comfort.
It is held in September each year. You would have no problem getting your feet wet there & feeling very comfortable.

Hugs,

Beth

DanaJ
07-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Well, since you are 55, live in Minnesota and are married - I think Ophelia's idea was a good one - find a Halloween gathering to go to and that way you could go a little wild too if you'd like :)

Melanie R
07-15-2006, 05:16 PM
If you want a first time event that will prepare you for facing the public and is not just another big closet, join us on our Halloween Dignity cruise sailing from Los Angeles for 8 nights. It is less expensive than most TG national events, and after being enfemme among 2000+ other passengers you are prepared for anything. Michelle who is on this board had her first time out in public experience on a 14 night cruise crossing the Atlantic. Now she recently went too a bridal shop to try on wedding gowns.

Hugs,

Melanie

KELLYANN
07-16-2006, 03:53 AM
WELL EVE! tell us where you are at !!