PDA

View Full Version : Nails help pls

veronicagurl85
07-15-2006, 03:15 AM
Hello girls. How are u all doing? I have a question. Does anybody know where i can get some fake nails that i can take off with ease in a day? Because of my situation i cant really dress much but in the night when im alone. I went to the drugstore and saw some but they say most last for 3 days. i was just wondering if there were any that i can take off the same day i put them on and reuse them? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks girls

much love
veronica

Phyliss
07-15-2006, 04:01 AM
I'm not a "high end expert" but,....something I found that worked well for me, is the glue one style that can be taken off the same day. I picked mine up at the local Sally Beauty Supply store. They have a pack of a 100 that come in different sizes.
My fingers are kinda thick, so the standard pack of ten don't work so well for me, too narrow. With the 100 pack I can use the "thumb" ones on a few different fingers and not run out of that size. A simple drop of glue and they're fine. To take them off dip your finger in the "remover solution" and they'll melt off.
Karren Hutton has some good advice on these, paint them first, (when you have a spare few minutes to prepare to get ready) that way when you're ready to put them on you only have to trim them to the desired length and presto you're good to go.

kay_jessica
07-15-2006, 04:10 AM
I've gived up wearing false nail. Grow your own nobody will notice.

Charleen
07-15-2006, 05:26 AM
I'm with Kay, I don't have the time to mess around with fake nails. I let mine grow out, keep them filed when I have the time, and I have to tell you that that is a wonderful time to feel femme, and Sally Hanson hard as nails which also acts as a shiny clear coat. The nails look great, I feel femme, and no one either notices or they don't care. Love and xxxx,Lily

DanaJ
07-15-2006, 06:39 AM
Try Kiss One Step, they are pre-glued and stay on pretty well, and peel off easily - at worst you might need to run then under some warm water. They can be reused several times, and once the glue is gone, you can get some of those two-sided nail tabs to use... easy on, easy off....

http://www.kissusa.com/OES.html

renee k
07-15-2006, 08:02 AM
I agree with Dana, The Kiss one step nails have really worked fine for me. I usually wear them. When I'm not able to wear acrylic. Just as Dana, states there easy to take off and reuseable.

Huggs, Renee

Kristen Kelly
07-15-2006, 08:28 AM
Glue Dots.....are glue on a paper backing, very tacky, comes off EZ, use 2 or 3 for larger nails. You can find them in an arts and craft store

Drucilla
07-15-2006, 08:42 AM
I noticed some that some of the artificial nails now come with something called "Pink Twist off Glue". Think it is the Kiss brand but maybe one of the other similar brands that drug store chains carry.
Have not tried yet but sure sounds like a great idea. Anyone have first hand knowledge of this new glue ?

DonnaT
07-15-2006, 08:45 AM
There are all kinds of nail kits available. Many have sticky pads that allow the nails to be easily removed. The problem with some of these pads, however, is they may let loose when you least expect it. Which is why they also include nail glue. Heck, even the glue can let loose unexpectedly.

Note, if the product says it can last up to three days, that does not mean you can't take them off when you want. Acetone will loosen the glue, but may also ruin the nail. Which is why I use the sticky pads. However, I rarely wear the nails,, and instead let mine grow a little and polish them when I feel like it. Polish is easy to remove (most of it anyway, red is a little harder to remove all traces).

veronicagurl85
07-16-2006, 12:38 AM
Thank u all very much girls. I really appreciate all the help. I cant wait to try out all of ur ideas. I just have to go to like sallys and stuff to get it. Thank u all so much. Look foward to talking to u a lot more. hugs

veronica