PDA

View Full Version : Cross Dressing In Da House Ja

Joy Carter
07-15-2006, 08:20 PM
How many have never left the house.

How many have gone out.

Are you planing to go out

Wished you hadn't gone out

Just curious as to the numbers of us have made the big time and been out in the public and what where the reactions if any. Conversely do you regret not going out and what are your fears in doing so?

Connieminiskirts
07-15-2006, 08:35 PM
I have been out alone several times, didnt have any bad reactions from anyone. Didnt really have any fears, I just picked times and places and ws careful. Except for the one time I went walking outside the truck in MosesLake Wa., and was "caught" by a local cop and the other time I got stopped for speeding while driving truck fully dressed on I84 in N.E. Oregon, my little red miniskirt kinda got me outta that ticket HEHE.

Haven't been out for awhile, havent really had the time or really even the interest. Gone from home for 5 to 7 days at a time so when I do get home for 1 or 2 days thers just too much else I need to get done. Bummer,, but its okay. I am still here

Ashley in Virginia
07-15-2006, 08:44 PM
I havent gone out. Probably never will. Nothing out there for me that i cant do in drab.

Joy Carter
07-15-2006, 08:55 PM
I havent gone out. Probably never will. Nothing out there for me that i cant do in drab.

Aw to bad Ashley I just saw your pics and I don't think you would have any problems. Well maybe you might get the wrong attention for you though, great pics again Ashley.

jill c
07-15-2006, 09:01 PM
I am deeply imbedded in the closet - a 50 plus year old - married for over 30 years. My wife has made too many comments about cross dressers over time to tell her now. I have dressed since the age of 4 to 5. i have not indulged for many years at a time.There is no way that i could ever pass as my features are far from feminine-as the world views the concepts anyway.

i will continue to dress for myself - and will be just a good stay at home type girl, her in Oklahoma.

Carroll
07-15-2006, 09:10 PM
I have been to a few meetings of the Southern Tier Gender Alliance, and out to a mall in Elmira once. Someday I'll get out a bit more

Stacie Stockman
07-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Been out once to a TG club and it was one of the greatest nights of my adult life. Wished that I could get out more but since I dont have a car or even a DL, finding reliable and cheap transportation kinda nixes any opputunity to go out more. Closets are for clothes not for people.

Bernice
07-15-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm about Jill's age, also married 30+ years. Only my SO tolerates me pretty well.

I've been out, lots more when I was younger, and some after I lost a lot of weight in 2001, but almost none in the last year or two (having regained all the weight). I have in the last 22 years always avoided human interaction of any kind, and the last ten years have been only after dark, and mostly in my car, which hardly counts. But I treasure my "out" digital self-portraits. :hugs:

Kristen Kelly
07-15-2006, 09:35 PM
I just started getting out last Halloween, and havent stopped yet, I go dancing straight and gay clubs, Atlantic City enfem, even grocery shopping. This bird has got its wings, and flown the coup, who said Turkeys can't fly.

renee k
07-15-2006, 09:40 PM
Hi All,

While it's summer and I'm in my hairy male personna. I can't wait for the approach of autumn. Which means lose the hairy arms and legs and let Renee and her kissably smooth arms emerge. For myself getting out of the house as Renee be it for shopping or going to a play, is something I really look forward to doing, especially on those cool and crisp autumn days.
Even now during the summer I still enjoy dressing in the house and taking care of correspondence in one of my skirt suits.

Renee

Rachel Morley
07-15-2006, 09:43 PM
I've been out to lots of "regular places" shopped at the mall on a Saturday afternoon, watched a movie, ate at a resturant, been grocery shopping, and went to coffee shop. I also have been out clubbing at a gay bar, (that's been the high point so far) had day trips en femme, and even had a weekend away en femme the whole time in San Fransisco a few weeks back.

That said, I've still not "made the big time" as you put it. :happy: I have never actually been out on my own yet. My wife Marla GG always comes with me. There are girls here that I am nowhere near in their league.....but I'm trying to progress and I'm having fun doing it.

Sarah Smile
07-15-2006, 11:32 PM
I've been out in femme items added to a drab outfit, but never as trying to pass as female. I wouldn't want to try that unless I thought I could make a respectable go of it.

Barb Valentine
07-15-2006, 11:53 PM
If you count sitting outside at 3 in the morning (with all the lights off)
Then yes I've been out
But other then that no I stay in

gwenrob43
07-16-2006, 12:00 AM
Hi y'all!

I've gone out alone dressed in daytime, and plan to do it again. I want to shop for a new purse. I've got such hairy arms, chest, legs, thighs, and back; and I can't shave them. But I can cover them with long sleeves and slacks. So that's the way I go out. I still wear my stockings and heels and everything else. I'm old, 62, but that doesn't deter me. Where I live is very rural, so I have no opportunity to meet other CDers and go out with them. :sad: It's 170 miles to Seattle or Portland, so going there for an evening or a luncheon is out of the question. My wife knows I dress, but has never seen me, doesn't really like the idea too much. :eek:

Love, :love:

Gwen

Mellisa S.
07-16-2006, 12:40 AM
I have never ventured outside the apt. dressed. I have been tempted to go to a local bar that many cd's frequent, but lose my nerve each time due to a few reasons.
1. Don't want to go by myself
2. Not sure on how to approach other cd's
Would I ever leave the apt. dressed? I would need to get a better wig and get the makeup just right. Once that is done, it might be something I consider if the 2 reasons I posted have solutions.

Francine
07-16-2006, 01:13 AM
1. I have gone out of the house, but mostly for 'road trips' in my car. The first road trip..I actually got out and filled my car with gas.. enfemme. Paid 'at the pump' and left. only time 'John Q' Public' would have ever really noticed me.... I think.
2 Mostly 'still in the house'. I don't get out, nearly as much as I would like to.
3. Dreaming, planning, scheming, (daily) of getting out of the house.
4. Can't say I have ever regretted going out, except maybe for the time I locked my keys in the car, and about got eaten alive by mosquitos!

Francine

tekla west
07-16-2006, 05:29 AM
Out, love it, never going back.

InHerShoes
07-16-2006, 07:12 AM
Never out - at least where there was any remote chance of being spotted.

Teresa Amina
07-16-2006, 07:34 AM
When I get out. Haven't yet, but I see a nice Fall day, crisp and clear, with the leaves blowing around. Just needs a place to go and some of you all to meet up with.

myMichelle
07-16-2006, 07:57 AM
I have gone out, and still go out in public--but lately I've found that whether I I choose to venture out or not is largely dependent on the mood I'm in on any given day...some days, I enjoy going out, and other days I'd rather just stay in the house.

This might seem scary to some, but when I do go out, I typically go out in public places in broad daylight. (I think that's safer--It would take one hell of a "balsy" person to hassle you in public in front of witnesses!) I know a lot of us are worried about passing. But I'll let you in on a little something I've observed over the years: You do not have to be an award-winning Hollywood makeup artist to pass. It's more about attitude...As long as you apply your makeup tastefully, dress to blend in, and walk with confidence, most people will not even notice you in a crowd. It's amazing. I've even had guys hold doors open for me!

Sorry to get so long-winded here. Going out can be and is FUN!!

Toyah
07-16-2006, 08:20 AM
With Ashley on this one I have been out a couple of times to events but dont feel the need at all. Dont get me wrong had a great time but I only go if someone asks, I would not go on my own and dont ever want to shopping there is just no compulsion for that

brendasmith
07-16-2006, 08:46 AM
I have worn womens underwear and a bra for over two years,( the reason for the bra is to hide my breasts) but have never gone out fully dressed. I lost a bet to my wife a while back and tried to weasle out by going double or nothing on a sure thing, I lost again. The bet was that if I was wrong I had to wear a dress, panty hose, wig womens shoes along with my usual garmets for a day while we are on an outing, no other cloths allowed to be taken along. Now I face an over night trip and two days that way. Its fun to fantasize about, but acutally doing it is something else. She says if I don't do it my word is no good, so sometime this summer I will be Brenda for two days. I don't look too bad, probably could pass if I keep my mouth shut. Brenda

Deidra Cowen
07-16-2006, 09:19 AM
I go out quite a bit enfemme. Last night would be a good example. I left my place. Stopped and filled my car up with gas. While pumping two guys were giving me the eye. Then I stopped at Starbucks and got a coffee. The girl at the counter was giggling cause of my deep voice but I just smiled and got a kick out of it. I admit I went in there wanting to put on a bit of a show. I was feeling frisky. :tongueout

I then went to the Stage Door Bar and partied with my Tgirl friends till 3am! :p

Paula G
07-16-2006, 09:33 AM
I only went out once for a drive, other than that I prefer to dress at home. Dressing for me is a personal thing, so I don't have a need to go out.

Ginagirl
07-16-2006, 09:37 AM
I have the same thought as Sarah. I wouldn't want to go out unless I could make a good go of it. Part of the problem is the high standards I set for myself. Almost everyday I'm wearing clothing that is femm, but nothing over the top. For ex. a nice fitted cotton spandex/cotton top in some light color with either VS jeans or shorts with some nice flip flops from Lands end. I usually do a quick light 5 min. makeup. My biggest problem or sticking point would be "the beard". I have a lighter beard but I can't pull myself to apply heavy makeup to me face to cover. So, I'm kinda stuck..... Looking for a solution is what I'm doing. Good Luck all
Gina

Kate Simmons
07-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Go out all the time, not afraid, am glad to do it and really don't care what other people think. Ericka

Butterfly Bill
07-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Out and proud and sometimes loud and know what to do if I draw a crowd. Worn a dress in 27 states. Had lots of good times and compliments, and there ain't no way I'll ever stop except dying. Day time is the best time, I stay away from places there are drunks and darkness.

Tiffany 1953
07-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Hello all, the first couple of outings were with a lesbian couple. The girl partner did my make-up and hair. Went to a noisy lesbian bar in Monroe LA. Nobody seemed to care and I was starting to relax as the evening ended. Since then (1995) I have gone out more and with more confidence each time. My wife took me out on my lat birthday to a makeover at Merrill Norman and then to a lesbian club in Charlotte. She planned a surprise party and we met two of her GG friends that knew about me and wanted to see me as Tiffany. A good time was had by all. No I have not been hassled by anyone. The Wonderful Waitress flattered me when I paid with my credit card by saying that she never suspected. Got her a huge tip anyway. Hugs Tiffany

julie w
07-16-2006, 01:18 PM
I have been out lots of times ,but my confidence goes up and down though 10years
ago I went everywere dressed I was over in the uk and did oxford st london
en femme , but suddenly lost my nerve for things like that ,but I have been
working hard to get it back and setting myself goals , its like any ( extreme) sport you work into it slowly

Joyce1702
07-16-2006, 01:20 PM
I go out when I get an opportunity which isn't as often as I'd like. I go shopping and feel more comfortable in big box stores like K-mart or Walmart than the malls for some reason.

One of my favorite things to do is go to the various state parks in the area for picnics and enjoying the outdoors, including wading in the public swimming area. Haven't gotten brave enough for swimming yet.

I enjoy sight-seeing, and last fall went to Vermont when it was very busy and mingled among the other tourists. I'm currently planning a couple of outings for when my wife is away next month.

One outing will most likely be spending a day in Lake George, NY.

Joyce

SherriePall
07-16-2006, 01:29 PM
I've been out four or five times since Halloween of 2004. Each time in the daytime. Last time out was February of this year. Can't wait til my next trip out. I know what I want to do and we'll see if I do.