PDA

View Full Version : Is it necessary to pass?

Emma England
07-16-2006, 10:59 AM
So many are worried about being able to pass.

I would like to venture out of the house. I am talking about in male mode but with ladies clothes.

Has anyone ever walked in public as a male but with shaved legs and a short skirt +?

Mmm, the high street or the beach? (Bit too hot for the beach though, as I do not like the heat).

It is a fantasy for me at the mo. But one I am very tempted to do, especially in another area with strangers looking at me (somehow that seems easier to do than with people who recognise you).

Oh I do want to pass as well, but that will take practise.

Your thoughts, please. Or am I just crazy +?

Barb Valentine
07-16-2006, 11:16 AM
At this point in time I'm happy
I can't pass but I don't go out at all
It's a nice trade off

Calliope
07-16-2006, 11:24 AM
As I see it, going out dressed with the intention of passing is a whirlpool of frustrations. For me, the key is going out dressed as I feel comfortable. When I'm read, I just project the vibe I'm not trying to fool anyone, sure I'm a guy ... who's looking great. I have discovered some advantages to not passing (and who really knows anyway) - such as guys don't get the fear of 'being tricked' and GGs rather think it's charming. It's all in the head and the confidence comes from there.

Jennaie
07-16-2006, 11:27 AM
The difference between the two is that in the first situation your a man in a short skirt, unaccepted by society. In the second situation, "providing that you do pass", your a woman, accepted by society.

I do not think I would have the nerve to attempt the first scenario.

Sam-antha
07-16-2006, 11:31 AM
I could not do the first option either. Just do the second as best as I can.
~Samm

Kate Simmons
07-16-2006, 11:34 AM
Hi Emma. My answer consists of two words: Hell, no! Ericka

Marla S
07-16-2006, 11:36 AM
If I could pass, I'd probably try to do, because it would make things more easy.

As I will always be read as man I don't try to hide it. I didn't dare to go out in a dress, skirt, or heels yet, but I went out with makeup, nail polish, thights, women shoes, jewelry, shaved legs and chest, womens tops and blouse, womens pants (have long hair anyway; thin though :().
I try to balance feminine and masculine aspects with my clothing. I try to make an advantage for me out of the often mentioned "double standard". Works fine so far.

triciaannmarie
07-16-2006, 11:46 AM
Why in the world would you want to go out in public looking like a man with shaved legs and wearing a skirt? You want people to make fun of you or think that your strange?.. I'm sure thats not your intention. I want to be able to go out as a woman and not some dude in a skirt. Shave your legs and wear some shorts and go out as a man and see if anyone notices More than likely nobody cares

tricia.

Marla S
07-16-2006, 11:53 AM
Why in the world would you want to go out in public looking like a man with shaved legs and wearing a skirt? You want people to make fun of you or think that your strange?..

Well, I guess over 95 % will be read anyway, independend of how much effort they spend to pass. Taking this into account in your style is just more honest towards yourself and the society and might even prevent, in a way, that people make fun of you (there always will be some). Kind of freaky we are anyway in the view of the public, there is no way out.

Calliope
07-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Well, I guess over 95 % will be read anyway, independend of how much efford they spend to pass. Taking this into account in your style is just more honest towards yourself and the society and might even prevent, in a way, that people make fun of you (there always will be some). Kind of freaky we are anyway in the view of the public, there is no way out.

Spot on!

cute_cd_paige
07-16-2006, 12:10 PM
I myself would never dream of going out just in a skirt and no wig or make up , i guess im one of the ones trying to pass and when i get time to dress up i make sure i have plenty of time to put on everything , make up , nails ,wig etc.. it just doesnt feel right for me to not go all the way when im getting all dolled up

NickyJane
07-16-2006, 12:28 PM
I'd love to pass and maybe one day I will build up the courage to try but at the moment I'm more then happy around my flat dressed in my glad rags.

Sadly thou at 6ft3in and 17 stone I think my chances of passing are some what slender! Still a girl has to live in hope!

Nicky Jane

X X X

Jenna1561
07-16-2006, 12:39 PM
First, let me say that while I can pass much of the time to casual observers as an overweight and homely woman dressed as most of the women my age and in my locale, I wouldn't nor would I want to dress in a skirt or dress as a man.

With that said, I usually dress in woman's clothing (when not at work) as a guy, just not in a skirt or dress. Women's shorts, top, panties and sandals/shoes along with a little foundation, mascara, and lip gloss. I get a few looks at my attire and polished toe nails and sometimes get mistaken for a woman even when not trying (actually kind of nice when that happens).

When I dress to pass, I add a little more makeup, some padding and boobs, and a wig. And when trying to pass I like wearing a skirt.

When I dress, I want to pass, and I do my best to do so. I want to be perceived as a woman not as a man in a dress, but thats just me. I'm probably not strong enough as a person to be seen as a man in women's clothing. I would rather blend in than stand out.

Jenna

Kate Simmons
07-16-2006, 12:48 PM
Just to clarify things, in my mind it's your comfort level with yourself that counts. As Marla said, about 95% will be "read" anyway. Do I care? That's why my answer: "Hell, no". I'm not trying to please other people or society at large. My object is to feel comfortable for who I am and not worry about getting some "passing" or "failing" grade by others. Some people are okay with it, some will never be. Their problem--NOT mine! As far as I'm concerned, whether you "pass" or "fail" in the eyes of others, it's your own confidence level that counts. Take care, Ericka

julie w
07-16-2006, 12:58 PM
I think we have to ask ourselves why are we crossdressing,? for me when I am
out and about I want to look as convincing as a women as I can ,at least
put some doubt in peoples minds not look like a freak ! that is what people will
think .if shocking the locals is you thing go for it

kay_jessica
07-16-2006, 01:14 PM
Well i go out dressed to pass, and by enlarge i do pass. The time i know that i am going to be read are when i enter into conversation with people whilst en femme. i.e. whilst buying stuff or as i did recnetly when i had a partial make over. There I do not pretend. Either the person I am talking to suspects, just does not care or read me straight. Since they continue to interact with me then they clearly do not care. that is good enough for me. They may or may not know, they certainly do not know if i am TS or TG or simply a TV. So far as I am concerned and I think they them selves realise this, it is more than there jobs worth to make an issue of it. New legislation in the UK protects the transgendered community from discrimination. I would not go out partialy dressed as this, in my mind, defeats what i am trying to achieve. Thats is acceptance as a woman not as a bloke in a skirt and I don't think the legislation covers that anyway because if in doing so you are clearly not TS or TG.

Rachel M
07-16-2006, 01:21 PM
We all have different levels of what we are comfortable with. Some of us are content with the comforts of the clothes with in their homes. Some of us need to dress to the nines head to toe. Dressing out it public depends on how secure we are with ourselves and our self image. I myself feel I need to blend in to pass. When I go out I try to dress for the situation and not be over the top as to draw too much attention to myself.
Rachel

Sandra
07-16-2006, 01:26 PM
Well today and yesterday me and Nigella had to pop into town and seeing as we had both been working in the garden and knew we would be going back out there, it was a quick hands and face wash and off we went, all Nigella was wearing was a pair of cropped trousers and a top with thin straps, no makeup and she doesn't wear a wig her hair is long enough. She is not bothered whether people notice her, she enjoys dressing and that is it, but I guess it is what you feel comfy with .

Georgette
07-16-2006, 01:37 PM
No I will not pass, but I do go out to places that I will be accepted. I like to dance wether Male or Femme I go out to enjoy myself not to please others.
I would never pass as I will never have any intention of doing so, do I care who sees me YES as I am well know by a lot of people where I live and really don't care who sees me in femme mode, and try to hide the fact I am a crossdresser.:tongueout :love:

Gale R
07-16-2006, 02:20 PM
I think you should look your best if going out dressed, at least make a genuine attempt to pass anyway.0.02

I couldn't bring myself to go out in glam without my warpaint and wig, i'd just scare the local population a little more than i already do.:D

Wendy me
07-16-2006, 02:27 PM
i say no you don't need to pass .... and you can be as cd as you want to be .. lasat i checked we cd's don't come with a owners book .... this can be all glam to the 9's or you can be sash squash in a skirt .... but in staying home do as you want ... in going out then rember people can and will react to how you look and act so safty frist.....

gennee
07-16-2006, 02:45 PM
I have passed for the most part. I don't go out to pass but I always try to look my best. Just being out there is a thrill.

Gennee

megan163
07-16-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm not so sure it's necessary to pass. Few of us really do 100% of the time. But since society has come to accept varying degrees of sexuality and transgendered people are more common, I think it's OK to at least look the part. But I really don't think it's a good idea to go as a "man in a dress." I wouldn't definitely feel uncomfortable like that and am afraid it would upset families and young children. If you're going to crossdress, cross all the way. I remember seeing a guy at a local xdresser store and he had no makeup or wig but was shopping in a bra and panty. It was not a pretty sight!

Butterfly Bill
07-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Has anyone ever walked in public as a male but with shaved legs and a short skirt +?

Mmm, the high street or the beach? (Bit too hot for the beach though, as I do not like the heat).

Yes I have. I guess downtown Lawrence, Kansas might be described as "the high street".

There is not only no need to pass, but you might get more acceptance with your unabashed honesty.

michelleliz
07-16-2006, 03:16 PM
To me I have to be able to pass. I havent figured out why But I feel like I am not michelle unless I can go any where I want and be accepted as a women.

So Far ( now ) I have been able to do that. At least no one has acted like I was any differant then any other women that wasw in the store or restaurant that I was in

JamieTG
07-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Although I've never worn a skirt in public I do go out as a male wearing many other types of feminine attire. I wear girls jeans and shorts, unisex T shirts, girls jewelry, lip gloss and perfume. I'm also totally shaved and have long fingernails. I occassionally dressup all the way with wig and makeup but "passing" is not important to me. I feel very comfortable and natural as a feminized male. I do get stares sometimes but also get compliments too.
Jamie

Rachel Morley
07-16-2006, 03:43 PM
We all have our feelings about what cding is to us. For me, the dressing part is about something feminine on the inside, being expressed on the outside. Sometimes this femme feeling is strong and I want to dress all the way and try to pass as a woman..in public. Other times I just want to feel a little bit girly and so my dressing is partial dressing...in "girly boy mode" (obvious genetic male wearing obvious women's clothes, subtle makeup, jewelry etc).

That said, when I'm in girly boy mode I haven't worn a skirt (yet?). I'm a small person (5ft 4ins & 126 lbs) not at all hairy, or macho in attitude, and I tend to have a quiet voice. I don't know if this makes things easier when partially dressed in public, but I've never been laughed at or made to feel awkward. People do sometimes look at you but, Like JamieTG said in her post above, "I feel very comfortable and natural as a feminized male". Ditto.

Nicola46
07-16-2006, 03:51 PM
I guess its a personal choice. for me I would need to be as convincing as possible, as i cant shave my legs or eyebrows, i wouldnt go out in revealing things. Whrn im home alone, just femme things make me feel good.

adrea
07-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Hi Emma,That is just about it. I don't really want to pass as a womman, rather be acccepted as a man in female clothes, which Is the case at home an with a lady friend who finds me attractive in pretty things. As far as going out into the open like that that is rather a different matter, though I do it a lot, when it is dark and I am taking the dog for a walk. A bit of a cheat though, as I am pretty sure I won't meet anybody where I walk.

So many are worried about being able to pass.

I would like to venture out of the house. I am talking about in male mode but with ladies clothes.

It is a fantasy for me at the mo. But one I am very tempted to do, especially in another area with strangers looking at me (somehow that seems easier to do than with people who recognise you).

Oh I do want to pass as well, but that will take practise.

Your thoughts, please. Or am I just crazy +?

Emma England
07-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Seems like some of you are a bit upset by this post.

I have no intention of offending any of the public. May still try to pass.

I only wanted everyones views before doing something stupid.

To me, what is wrong with a guy wearing a skirt +?

I've recently bought a denim miniskirt, which at a quick glance look almost like shorts. A new item of clothing should be shown off (why hide something that is nice +? )

Calliope
07-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Yes I have. I guess downtown Lawrence, Kansas might be described as "the high street".

Ah, Lawrence Kansas, how I miss you! Was it Burroughs who sniffed out the hipness quotient there?

There is not only no need to pass, but you might get more acceptance with your unabashed honesty.

I believe this. I believe the fear we feel comes primarily from men and I suspect men primarily fear 'la la Lola.'

I will also add that, to my eyes, the fem experience goes elsewhere besides clothes and makeup from the 1950s. Isn't Patti Smith fem? Aren't 'hippie chicks'? Where are the Goth CDs?

fionasboots
07-16-2006, 05:21 PM
Seems like some of you are a bit upset by this post.

No, no, doesn't seem like you've upset anyone to me, don't worry :D

I have no intention of offending any of the public. May still try to pass.

I only wanted everyones views before doing something stupid.

The general concensus seems to be that you are unlikely to pass completely under close scrutiny but I suppose what counts as "close" depends on how convincing you can look ... or maybe how convincing you *think* you look - you can (she says hopefully) get away with quite alot if you can project a confident manner - certainly this seems to work for "guy with shaved legs".

To me, what is wrong with a guy wearing a skirt +?

I've recently bought a denim miniskirt, which at a quick glance look almost like shorts. A new item of clothing should be shown off (why hide something that is nice +? )

I would agree that there isn't anything wrong with it but it will almost certainly get stares since it isn't "normal". I would doubt that you would encounter much malice but it would only be natural for people to stare at "guy in a skirt" since this is likely a new experience and therefore they'll stare.

Personally I would LOVE to go out into the big wide world and fully intend to be dressed up as girlie as is possible. I will still likely be read in under 30seconds! My plan to "avoid" being read is to simply to go out with friends who are likely to be GGs anyway so that helps a) get the make-up, outfit, etc right before going out and b) be in a group of drunken GGs - I'll blend right in :lol:

Khriss
07-16-2006, 05:24 PM
..I'd love to !! in spectacular ways ! hehe:eek: :D xx"K"

LindaTS
07-17-2006, 09:20 AM
For me it's very important that I pass because I'm slowly working my way to being full time. I do pass most of the time but like a lot of us I'm sometimes read. I'm ususally dissappointed when it happens but carry on as best I can. Life gets easier as time go by.

Marla S
07-17-2006, 09:24 AM
How do one know that one passes ?

DebbieThomas
07-17-2006, 10:56 AM
"is it necessary to pass"

for me no. from the first time I went out dressed without makeup to now, completely dressed. people read me for what I am, a man dressing to look like a woman. I do try to look the best I can. I also dress in just womens clothes as him without problems, Ive havnt gone as far as wearing a skirt (tho Ive thought about it, even have the support of my wife to do so) pretty sure most women can tell and most guys wouldnt notice unless its really fem. being read is part of the enjoyment, wife says I thrive on the attention I get, not me with long pink finger nails :D I posted a pic in another thread. I find most people are to tied up with thier lifes to notice. just like what afew others said it comes down to acceptance of ones self.

loki_uk
07-17-2006, 03:11 PM
Where are the Goth CDs?

I goth up sometimes, but still prefer proper tights rather those long multi coloured goth thingies.

Got a few goth skirts and dresses in my closet, but they're a bit hot for summer

Sophie Haworth
07-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Hi.

It has been absolutely ages since I last posted, and dressed, 10 months, but who`s counting, but passing for as long as I have been dressing has been very important to me, just for your interest, here are some links to stories of me out and about last year.

This is a video of me at a petrol station.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/5895305591895436/sophies_test/*sophie30

This is the thread of what it takes for me to try to pass.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16114

And here is another thread that may be worth a read about my first time out for ages.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7617

I am planning another in August, and I have been trying on some outfits this weekend I will post the pics in the gallery.

I hope you find my experiences helpful.

Sophie.

annekathleen
07-17-2006, 04:58 PM
I'll never be able to "pass"
But I enjoy crossdressing just the same!:hugs:

janedoe311
07-17-2006, 05:12 PM
To go out as a woman but at 6’1” and big hands and feet and a long masculine face and low voice, it is not possible. Do not feel I could really “relax” or feel the part, unless I could pass. When I dress is it by myself and I do not look in the mirror. If I could look in the mirror and see a woman it would be great.

Florence Tidji
07-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Don't worry, 99% of us will never pass but it does not mean we can not go out and enloy life... If we are not dressing provocative, no problem with people usually, just a few smile but it does not bother me!!!

adrea
07-24-2006, 05:02 PM
"is it necessary to pass"

for me no. from the first time I went out dressed without makeup to now, completely dressed. people read me for what I am, a man dressing to look like a woman. I do try to look the best I can. I also dress in just womens clothes as him without problems, Ive havnt gone as far as wearing a skirt (tho Ive thought about it, even have the support of my wife to do so) pretty sure most women can tell and most guys wouldnt notice unless its really fem. being read is part of the enjoyment, wife says I thrive on the attention I get, not me with long pink finger nails :D I posted a pic in another thread. I find most people are to tied up with thier lifes to notice. just like what afew others said it comes down to acceptance of ones self.

That is just about it: Accept yourself for what you are and feel. Looking good in female clothes without needing to hide the fact that you are a man. And it is amazing with what one can get away with if one carries it with enough selfconfidence. As a small example. I have taken to wearing necklesses ( definitely female ones) in public even while teaching and the only comments came from two or three ladies, who complimented me on how nice it looked.

Charleen
07-24-2006, 07:18 PM
The way I dress to go out makes me look like a butch GG, or an effemmenate guy. I am in womans clothes from skin out, have long nails clear polished, my own long hair, rings and bracelets. I'm comfortable and don't care what people think as they don't know me. Don't get mr wrong, I wouldn't go into a red neck bar or anything, I might be crazy in alot of ways(beside my CD) but I ain't stupid. Love and xxxx Lily

Angie G
07-24-2006, 07:42 PM
NickyJane so I takk it thats hot you in your aviatar:hugs:
Angie G.

Wendi_cd
07-24-2006, 08:03 PM
My first time out was at a grocery store, good lord, you don't realize how WELL LIT those places are until you are in one and wishing they'd dim the lights!

You also don't realize how HARD it is to walk it high heels all over a grocery store when you're not use to walking that much in them.

I'm not sure if the looks I was getting from male employees and female clerks were looks of lust, jealousy, or 'what was that?'.

That was many years ago.

I've been out a few times since, but never in so well lit a place!

Kristen Kelly
07-24-2006, 08:57 PM
I myself would never dream of going out just in a skirt and no wig or make up , i guess im one of the ones trying to pass and when i get time to dress up i make sure i have plenty of time to put on everything , make up , nails ,wig etc.. it just doesnt feel right for me to not go all the way when im getting all dolled up
Paige I'm with you, for me it's all or nothing, occasionally around the house might wear a cami top and Daisy Dukes, but other wise lacking jewerly I feel something is missing. For me passing is what it's all about.

Stephenie S
07-24-2006, 09:07 PM
Dear Emma,

In male mode but with shaved legs and short skirt. Hmmm. OK, why? Is your intent to shock? or to irritate? or just to get looked at?

I posted earlier about seeing a man at Border's Book Store who was clearly not trying to "pass", as he was big, well over 250lbs, well over 6ft tall, full beard, hairy legs, work boots, and a nice pleated navy skirt. My thought was, "well nobody is gonna mess with HIM". He didn't look "nice", he just looked like a guy in a skirt. Is that what you are trying to do? I think you could do this pretty easily, because it's clear that you are not trying to "fool" anyone. You're just a guy in a skirt. That's not too hard for people to accept these days. Butterfly Bill does that quite well in Oklahoma, and looks darn good too.

If you are trying to wear some feminine attire, with shaved legs, and still dress in drab, I'm not sure what you will accomplish. People will probably look at you if that's what you want. Maybe not though. Just try it. I shave my legs so when I wear shorts my legs are clearly bare, and noone has EVER said a word. I don't think anyone notices. But I don't mix my personas. When I wear just shorts and a shirt I am clearly male. When I wear a skirt I also wear my forms, nice top, nice shoes, I try to fix my hair to look nice, and I am learning to aply my makeup, so there is usually a touch of that also. I think that when I am out I am not just there for myself, but that I represent all of us and I try to present a pleasant and dignified appearance.

So, as others have said, "what ever floats your boat". Have a good time. That's what it's all about anyway.

Lovies,
Stephenie

ReginaK
07-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Passing is a cruel joke we impose on ourselves. We worry ourselves to death over the concerns of phantom clothing critics. Passing is done from the neck up (in your mind). So what you wear really has little bearing on passing to begin with. With that said, dress as you please.

Jasmine Ellis
07-25-2006, 01:01 PM
I for one would never go out wearing a skirt looking like a man never in a million years

terrilynn
07-25-2006, 01:27 PM
At 6'1" and about 190, i have not much chance of passing, at least in daylight and would be an easy 'read' for vanilla's. But the times I do get to go out, it's total Terri time, full makeup, wig, dress or skirt and blouse, heels, stockings outside, femme and lacey underneath. I usually spend enough time getting ready, it's usually dark anyway when I get ready to drive off for some quality time outside.

carolbitv
07-25-2006, 02:28 PM
hi i don't think is all that important. when younger i did go out and i know i didn't do all that well. now i stay home and dress because i enjoy it. but i still try to look my best. Carol

noname
07-25-2006, 02:30 PM
Has anyone ever walked in public as a male but with shaved legs and a short skirt

I haven't. You may want to wear a knee length skirt of denim or corduroy (sp?).

panty-boy
07-25-2006, 04:08 PM
I go out in various states of dress and I know many here might disagree with me. Most of the time I go out as a feminine man. I'll wear a girly tshirt with girls jeans and a charm bracelet. Sometimes to be more dareing, I put my forms in so I end up looking like a girly man with a chest. Other times, when I feel frisky, I'll wear an ultra short skirt, baby tee, frilly anklets and heels. No make up or wig. But with this outfit I only dare to get out of my car to use them ATM or grab a newspaper.

Public in the full light of day, I just appear as a feminine man... I also like the subtle rush I might get if someone takes a closer look. :redface:

trannie T
07-25-2006, 06:17 PM
I'd love to be able to pass as a woman, unfortunately that is not going to happen. When I go out I look like a man in a dress, but I enjoy going out anyway, the only person I'm trying to please is myself.

cute_michelle_cd
07-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Passing is all arbitrary.........I know i look better then some GG's and i look not as good as others. My goal is not to look like a man in a dress or a drag queen! but it is to be, when looked at, the other person looks twice. either because they are not sure or like what they see. either way they looked twice. I've had GG friends been made fun of because of how they look. and I have also been made fun of. That is the other persons problem. they are the bulleys and bad people. Good people don't care about that stuff but care about the person not the out side shell. So make yourself feel good and be as good as you can be and your friends won't care about the rest.

All the rest is water under the bridge

michelle

Yes I am
07-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Passing is so last season...

gennee
07-25-2006, 08:10 PM
I agree with you, Emma. I love denim skirts and wear it a lot. Go out and wear it to your heart's content.

Gennee

:thumbsup:

HaleyPink2000
07-25-2006, 08:30 PM
I dress the best I can every time I leave home. So when we go to the TriEss meetings and we go out to eat or what ever. Not all the people pass. We all order our own meals and talk to the people in the restaurants. We also go out to malls etc. Never have we had any problems with anyone. But it’s always in at least pairs of people for safty.:D

connie rotten
07-25-2006, 08:37 PM
It isn't like all womendom is a cover girl. Is the real question can I pulloff being pretty.
This whole passing thing is obsured,

KimberlyS
07-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Emma, no you are not crazy. This is an excellent post. I agree there is nothing wrong with passing or trying to be a guy in a skirt or other feminine clothing. Be who you are or who you need to be. Conforming with society is great to blend in and be safer. But the real question is who are each of us as an individual?

Below I pulled out a few parts of other posts that jumped out and hit me. And yes I know some of them may be out of context or not how they may have meant it. They were just points that made me think followed by some of my thoughts.

your a man in a short skirt, unaccepted by society

IMHO, for starters, us as CDers need to get over this as a lot of the unacceptance is starting with ourselves. We want the rest of society to accept us when we do not even accept our selves. And second, leave the short skirts at home and get a skirt that is a bit more conservative like knee length or longer. If one is going to go out as a feminine guy in a skirt then look decent, not like a street walker.

Why in the world would you want to go out in public looking like a man with shaved legs and wearing a skirt?

But why would a CDer even try to pass when they obviously have the body of a man? What are they trying to hide? Why can they not be just guys in feminine clothes? And I know many of you have a need to be and look feminine. Be who you are and support others to be who they are.

Kind of freaky we are anyway in the view of the public, there is no way out.

I agree Marla, so maybe we need to show them we are not freaky?????

I think you should look your best if going out dressed, at least make a genuine attempt to pass anyway.

What is wrong with going out looking your best, dressed as a guy in a skirt or other feminine clothes, if that is who you are. Do we make fun of CDers going out trying to pass? Are some CDers better than others??

Thank you for your different view on CDing in this forum.

I love posts that make me think,

KimberlyS-CD

Jackie-Ann
07-26-2006, 04:41 AM
Why in the world would you want to go out in public looking like a man with shaved legs and wearing a skirt? You want people to make fun of you or think that your strange?.. I'm sure thats not your intention. I want to be able to go out as a woman and not some dude in a skirt. Shave your legs and wear some shorts and go out as a man and see if anyone notices More than likely nobody cares

tricia.

Hi, triciaannmarie, I totally agree with you. Now that I'm retired I keep my body totally hairless but going out dressed up no way.If I was en femme in a home or a Cd club, that's ok. but in public areas ?...No, way !!. I live in a small S.A. town in a small country, Uruguay.When I go out at night I carry my .38 Army Colt six shooter with me at all times. I live in the real world, I live my fantasies at home.

Jackie-Ann
07-26-2006, 04:50 AM

Cute, you're probably one of the few Cd's that can "pass for a GG". You look very "real" in your picture. Let me ask you a question: what about talking to others in public ?

NighttimeGirl
07-26-2006, 05:23 AM
it is very important to me to look good, I plan on going out but I have work to do first, whether this is right or wrong it's one of them, its about what feels right to the individual, I wanna look hot to feel good and go about my everyday business en femme as best I can.

Linda is very prominent and becoming more so not less.. I owe it to her to look good at least.......... :hugs:

Ginagirl
07-26-2006, 07:10 AM
And it's just my opinion. Maybe it's my competitiveness or drive to be the best that I can be. Call me crazy, but if I ever feel I can pass I'll be out. In the mean time, I enjoy working on Ginas look.

On the other hand, I go out as a male wearing neutral womens clothing and a light makeup application. For ex. VSecrets shorts and fitted T with sandals. It's detectable by some but not offensive to anyone. This is certainly not Gina, but it holds me over.

For me, if I'm going to look like a women, I should pass, but if I'm going out as a male, I blurr the lines a bit.

swiss_susan
07-26-2006, 08:23 AM
Air food and water are necessary.

The rest is luxury. :D

Seriosly though It depends on your own personal frame of mind.

Many would like to be able to I think, though I accept that its simply not going to happen. Some people don't care and / or don't try.

Maybe if I went out dressed with the swiss national ladies rugby team I just might not get noticed :tongueout

So no for me since I don't really think I could pass its not that important for me.

Susan

Scrunchie-Bunchie
07-26-2006, 11:50 AM
I don't think passing is important. Having said that, all the people on the street think it is. I'd much rather go out in a skirt and hose and be seen as "normal" than as "that pervy wierdo". I don't particularly feel like shaving my face although shaving my legs has some appeal.

I would love to be able to go everywhere in a dress etc but I have to realise the world is not my own place but a place I share with other and as such we all have to conform in order to get along. Maybe in 100 years or so men will be able to go about in skirts and hose as normal. Maybe we'll be comparing lipsticks etc with women we meet in the stores. Alternatively we could end up with the whole world being Islamic and the segregation problems that would cause.

cindyxdresser
09-13-2006, 09:19 PM
No it isnt necessary to be passable ,but you have to be careful whereyou go if you dont,especially if it is very obvious.There are so very many haters out there and you dont want to have any trouble when you are in a skirt and heels.Some people might want to hurt you or worst.When i go out in a skirt and heels i always wear makeup and all to look my best,sometimes just for a drive or a walk(i pick a place i know is safe or do it when it is late enough that i know i shouldnt have anyone see)or to like a gay club or adult book store.(adult bookstores have crossdressers comming in all the time and dont care ,and the men who go there are allways pervs and might even walk up and hit on you

michelleliz
09-13-2006, 09:26 PM
I have went out as Michelle many many times It is grate. I live as Michelle 90% of the time. The more you are out the better you feal about it

Michelle liz

Jennaie
09-13-2006, 10:12 PM
Who the heck drug this thread out of the basement?

Honey Lynn
09-13-2006, 10:56 PM
It's only necessary to pass if the truck in fornt of you is going really slow and there's a sale on size 12 wide pumps three miles down road:D

Melanie
09-13-2006, 11:29 PM
I also need to feel that I can pass.I may not be a supermodel,but I definately look feminine.Actually having ppl give me the odd compliment is such a rush.But no I could never go out dressed in women's clothes looking totally like a man,I believe this is most likely going to provoke some non accepting types.

Good luck to you either way and please be careful,

hugs,
Melanie :hugs:

USNguyNskirt
09-14-2006, 12:01 AM
I go out as just a guy in a skirt all the time. No one seems to care. Course the shorter the skirt, the more problems you may have. And very few people will notice/say anything if you shave your legs. Don't do it myself, but pretty much thats the feeling I get from most of the people on here that do it

jjjjohanne
09-14-2006, 06:24 AM
Some of us are into the clothes. Some of us are into becoming a woman. That probably is the division between those who would be content dressed but as a man versus those who only dress to pass.

I have gone out in a skirt as a man a few times with no negative reactions. People don't know how to react to you, but most people don't have to react to you. However, I feel odd dressed so uncommonly. I would rather wear less obvious clothes if I am truely going to be out and about en semi femme.

I stumbled across another forum where guys just go out wearing skirts and kilts. www.skirtcafe.org I don't think it is as active as this forum.

Lawren
09-14-2006, 09:42 AM
I tend to think that the necessity to pass should take second priority to necessity to be accepted as someone who prefers ladies fashions over men's.

Christina Nicole
09-14-2006, 06:35 PM
Yes, it is necessary for me. I rather be a woman, but since I cannot be one, having people see me as one is ok.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Snookums
09-14-2006, 08:24 PM
Emma I have never tried to pass,when much younger I wore my hair long,when it started turning into a winter coat,I cut it short.Then there's the mustache,how many girls have a bush under the nose.Then the deep voice,no way to make this voice girly,but none the less I enjoy who I am,I laugh at the world befor it laughs at me.

Honey Lynn
09-14-2006, 08:43 PM
.......Then there's the mustache,how many girls have a bush under the nose.

My grandma had one :D

samantha#1
09-14-2006, 09:02 PM
I have worn some pretty feminate clothing out and about (jeans and T's etc) but I have only ever gone out dressed fully, but that's just me, if I dress its everything or nothing. My wife and I are very discrete where we venture out and generally stay away from areas where there are a lot of people. Tried some nice cosy restaurants in the past and we have a few favourates that we frequent on a regular basis; and a hand-in-hand walk along our local seafront boardwalk at night is another favourite - just two girls out for the evening.
hugs to all
Samantha

Jennaie
09-14-2006, 09:11 PM
It is of utmost importance that you always 'Pass". Have you not read the by-laws of ICA (International Crossdressers Association)? It clearly states that if you are unable to present yourself in public as female without question on the part of any person you may encounter, you are not to extend your dressing beyond the confines of your home. These laws are enforced strictly and if you choose to ignore them, you will be outed. :heehee:

Jodi
09-15-2006, 07:31 PM
It is of utmost importance that you always 'Pass". Have you not read the by-laws of ICA (International Crossdressers Association)? It clearly states that if you are unable to present yourself in public as female without question on the part of any person you may encounter, you are not to extend your dressing beyond the confines of your home. These laws are enforced strictly and if you choose to ignore them, you will be outed. :heehee:

You are one tough chick.:tongueout

Jodi

Marla S
09-15-2006, 07:35 PM
I pass as a men in fem clothes. Does that count too ?
Nothing against the closet, but from time to time I need to buy food.

Honey Lynn
09-15-2006, 11:16 PM

Well go figure that, there REALLY is such a thing as the "Fashion Police":eek:

"Miss do you know why I pulled you over today? Well you seemed to be staggering a bit in those heels and that hair doesn't look all too natural. Upon further inspection those air bags don't appear to have been factory installed either. Does your wife know you've been test driving her lip gloss? Now I'm gonna just give you a warning this time but next time I expect to see the seams on those nylons straight, move along.":heehee: