PDA

View Full Version : To be her or to be the beautiful you?

dann
07-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Just out of curiosity:

How many of us dress to look like, and perhaps, embody a women who we think is attractive?

How many of us dress to embody an attractive feminine form to ourselves? (Hence the beautiful you)?

hmmmmm??????

My appraoch to dressing has, in the past, been inspired by women I find attractive. But the end result is usually my own thing, that impresses me fro myself.

your turn....

dann

Joy Carter
07-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Just as long as things are acceptable and right I'm happy don't need to look like a knock out.

cute_cd_paige
07-16-2006, 12:15 PM
ive kinda just had my own style allthough if i see an outfit on a GG like out somewhere i may find something similar if i really like it

triciaannmarie
07-16-2006, 12:15 PM
I always dress for myself

tricia

Marla S
07-16-2006, 12:30 PM
My appraoch to dressing has, in the past, been inspired by women I find attractive. But the end result is usually my own thing, that impresses me fro myself.

Same here.

Jennaie
07-16-2006, 12:31 PM
If I were female, I would like to be a female version of myself, that is what I try to achieve in my dressing.

Kate Simmons
07-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Pretty much agree with everyone else. I'm my own person after all. Ericka

Teresa Amina
07-16-2006, 01:20 PM
If I were female, I would like to be a female version of myself, that is what I try to achieve in my dressing.

:iagree:

SherriePall
07-16-2006, 01:25 PM
To be the female version of me, but I hesitate going as far as to say the "beautiful me."

Rachel M
07-16-2006, 01:25 PM
I am contstantly looking at what others are wearing and imagine how it might look on me. I feel i have my own look or style but try to incorporate others into my own.

MarinaTwelve200
07-16-2006, 01:42 PM
My situation is a bit odd.

I am attracted to TROI of Star Trek TNG---not only is she HOT, but her hair color and eyes are the same as my own and also she has a large (for a woman) "roman" nose, like I do---yet she looks good despite that.

I think of her more as a "Guide"---makeup and hair methods to imulate rather than to make myself LOOK like her (I might have been able to do it in my younger days) Frankly I think I look just as good, or even BETTER than SHE does (according to my personal tastes)

So I really prefer the "beautiful ME" although I use Troi as a source for ideas.

Butterfly Bill
07-16-2006, 03:14 PM
I look for clothes that lay well on my male body and make it look good.

Shelly Preston
07-16-2006, 03:50 PM
I see some women who look terrific but the clothes would just not suit me.

So I always dress for me.

Rachel Morley
07-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Me too, although I do take cues and follow advice from my wife about what looks good on me.

cutieamy06
07-16-2006, 04:02 PM
I think you just have to look inside yourself. Ask yourself if that's the way you see your trueself. Seeing other attractive women helps sometimes because I think it gives you sort-of a goal. Something that you yourself would want to look like.

Calliope
07-16-2006, 04:12 PM
I took the general vibe from a woman I once loved - the wildest tomboy I ever met - but my appearance has evolved to the point where it's (obviously) me.

Weird, every now and then when I'm at a restuarant alone I almost feel like I'm dating 'myself.'

Sarah Rabbit
07-16-2006, 04:41 PM
I strive to dress presentable. As if I was going to meet the 'Parents'

Sarah R. :bunny:

fionasboots
07-16-2006, 04:41 PM
I can't think of anyone in particular that I'm trying to match I'm just trying to be girlie and look (at least through my almost certainly deluded eyes) as convincing as possible.

I do look at GGs now and, more often than not, think "nice outfit, wonder if I could wear that" rather than the more usual guy thoughts associated with seeing an attractive woman :rolleyes:

I think I'm essentially I'm a tart/flirt/outgoing sort of person trapped inside a shy* exterior and I dress to meet the desires/hopes/feelings of the inner me ... one of these days this will take over and there won't be any shy and quiet bit left ... I'm REALLY looking forward to that day :lol:

[ * Anyone that actually knows me will dispute me calling myself shy and would quite strenusously argue that I am, in fact a tart/flirt/outgoing person through and through :D ]

Julie Avery
07-16-2006, 04:52 PM
RE the original post, for me, crossdressing is the business of appearing attractive to myself. That sounds dumb and self-centered, I know, but it's also the truth, for me.

Doug/Julie

Barb Valentine
07-16-2006, 05:12 PM
I dress for me
I look at GG ,I love the way some of they cloths look
But it doesn't work for me

Khriss
07-16-2006, 05:16 PM
RE the original post, for me, crossdressing is the business of appearing attractive to myself. That sounds dumb and self-centered, I know, but it's also the truth, for me.

Doug/Julie
...sure.. that describes.."tranvestism" as they see "it" ..as my desires to emulate my own personal ideals of femininity..seem selfish, as I try to satisfy what appeals to me most..in a mirror image ?..
..things are done in hopes of self-satisfaction!? .. is that so different from other more accepted desires ?? or modes of expressing them ? ..in all the more accepted terms of .."gratification?" esp; sexual eh?? oohhhh re-read this response eh? hehe ...xx"K"

Karren H
07-16-2006, 05:57 PM
I dress to feminize myself! Plus I don't know any women that look like me anyway, yet....but I'm still looking!!! :D

Love Karren

fionasboots
07-16-2006, 06:38 PM
I dress to feminize myself! Plus I don't know any women that look like me anyway, yet....but I'm still looking!!! :D

Love Karren

Nah, put your pic into Google and it didn't come up with any other matches, you must be unique ... thank god, can you imagine two Karrens!

Back on topic. Yes, I would agree with the slightly more succinct way Karren put what I took alot more lines to get across!

[ Note to self; type less say more :heehee: ]

Sally24
07-16-2006, 08:12 PM
I do use GG's as a guide of course, but I think that I try to be the attractive "me" I would have been if female. My taste in clothing and styles continues to change as I become more familiar with colors and how things look on me in my female form. My wife is batting close to 1000 in picking out outfits for me. I personally only get about 50% right on the first try.

Billie1
07-16-2006, 09:19 PM
A very good question, and it's exactly the way I looked at it, when I came to terms with it, a just a short time ago.

I guess I would say, that, when I first began to cross-dress seriously, I tried to emulate everything I found attractive into my collection.

Then, as it became more involved, my tastes changed, or improved, depending how you look at it, and now I try to bring out the best in me.

And, allways looking for ways to improve!:D

JenniferPaul
07-16-2006, 11:01 PM
I try to look and dress chic and fashionable. I have enough clothes to try many different looks. I check myself in the mirror and pick the outfit that looks best and suits my mood. Some admirers have said I look beautiful, but I think they are just trying to flatter me.

dann
07-17-2006, 04:44 PM
Thank you all for sharing. I loved the responses.

dann

suchacutie
07-17-2006, 04:49 PM
I absolutely dress to make Tina her feminine self. In fact, I would say that part of the excitement is to determine just what that is!

NighttimeGirl
07-17-2006, 04:54 PM
I stare at women all the time really bad and imagine thier outfits on me all the time but I dress because i am compelled to mainly I always like to think i look good tho xxxx

dann
07-17-2006, 05:19 PM
I stare alot as well.I don't know that I've ever tried to match a women's look, but have been inspired by one's beauty enough in my dressing.
No-a-days it's more just wearing what I feel I look good in. I have my own look that I like. Or several looks for that matter.

looking at attractive women is two fold for crossdressers. At least those that are hetero or bi. The hot chick catches the eye, then the clothes keep ya glued.

dann

Charleen
07-17-2006, 05:54 PM
I dress for me and according to my mood or what I'm doing I'm enfemme 24/7 as I always wear panties,but even going shopping, in casual femme,with jeans, blouse, bra, hint of perfume, ect. If I haven't shaved the face that day, I'm called sir or nothing at all even when close shaved. I found that no one looks at real hard anyway. For me it's to be comfortable. Love and xxxx, Lily

mollytyler
07-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Have always emulated my sister and Mother who were/are GREAT fashion hounds!!! More the designer look for me and hope I live up to both their standards!!!