PDA

View Full Version : Has this happened to you?

Krystenw
07-16-2006, 03:00 PM
A few weeks ago a cowboy was brought into the ER. Very drunk and just plain mean. After he was treated and released he left but after a few more drinks he decided to come back and tryed to assult one of our staff.
Well, knowing karate, kung fu and two or three other orientle words I opened up as the southern police call a case of "whoop A.." and subdued the idiot withour hurting him (as much as I would have liked to.) and he was then hauled off to jail.
Anyway that's not what I'm getting at. Whenever I do something very masculine. Such as the above, or make mad passionate love, or do some other good deed guy type of thing, I find I don't want to get dressed up.
I had to actually force myself to put on a dress and get on here today and ask about this.
Has this happened to any of you or is it like my wearing ladies clothes. I thought I was the only guy that ever did that kind of thing.

Joy Carter
07-16-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm a lady to the last just don't P--- me off! :Punch:

Cherry Lynn
07-16-2006, 03:10 PM
I can relate to what you are saying. I guess we have a fem and masculine side and when one is called upon to solve a situation the other takes a backseat so to speak for a while. At least that is my expalanation when it happens to me. I am glad you were not injured in the fray.

Kate Simmons
07-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Not at all, Hon. Hell, I do it as Ericka. EKR

jo_ann
07-16-2006, 03:35 PM
i can't possibly ever do anything masculine while dressed (just doesn't feel right), like projects around the house. when I'm dressed all I want to do is lounge in front of the tv, possibly do some laundry or dishes or a sewing project.

cutieamy06
07-16-2006, 03:58 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I have dressed for the better part of my life and I still see and do some things that makes me think about it.

stephanie100
07-16-2006, 04:08 PM
If a GG can learn Karati etc then why not a CD? It is self defence and could save alot of us from a kicking at the hands or feet of some idiot.

Barb Valentine
07-16-2006, 05:24 PM
I don't force myself to dress
If I feel like it I'll dress
If I don't I don't, I may not dress for weeks at a time
But I just love coming here every day

Phyliss
07-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Krystenw, just looked at your picture on your profile, and I can't imagine you taking down some drunken cowboy with Kungfu and other stuff.

I guess I'm opposite in that after a day at a construction site, I want to get away from "him" and be me. I may not have on any of my clothing that I like, but that doesn't mean I can't BE me.
The more often I get to the surface of "his" mind the better I feel.

LeannL
07-16-2006, 05:35 PM
I don't quite know the feeling you had since I really haven't been in quite that situation but I have a few thoughts. I find that there are a number of things that push me towards dressing but I surely don't have a desire to do it 24/7. Stress is one of the triggers. Is it possible that when you do something masculine that it relieves your stress. Kicking someone's butt like you could have done something to relieve stress. On the other occasions, what you did could have brought about some deserved pride which led to the same effect. (One of the odd things that relieves my stress and cuts down on my desire to dress is fishing, especially last week when I caught 6 bass weighing 15 pounds total in 2 hours!)

On the other hand, we also struggle with our identity, so having your brain see confirmation of your being male could just be enough.

BTW, if you don't feel like dressing, don't. You are who you are and a crossdresser doesn't need to be 24/7. Don't put yourself through the agony of feeling you need to dress (or not to dress). You will be better off going with the flow.

Leann

fionasboots
07-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Anyway that's not what I'm getting at. Whenever I do something very masculine. Such as the above, or make mad passionate love, or do some other good deed guy type of thing, I find I don't want to get dressed up.
I had to actually force myself to put on a dress and get on here today and ask about this.
Has this happened to any of you or is it like my wearing ladies clothes. I thought I was the only guy that ever did that kind of thing.

I've gone through the same feeling (though could not have done anything oriental to a cowboy, good on ya for sorting him out).

I found that I would concentrate on this sort of feeling during my many cycles of denial, sort of "look I did a guy thing, the CDing was just a phase, time to be a real man", etc.

I've actually had to be in prolonged bloke-mode for over 2 weeks now and I'm actually worrying that I won't get back into being girlie, I genuinely fear that I'm losing my touch ... but I'm still thinking about being girlie all the time.

The other thing you could try after such a burst of bloke-ness is to not dress at all, put all the clothes away and try not to think about being girlie .... see how long you last! I've lasted quite a while but I cave eventually :heehee:

I guess (please correct me if I'm wrong) that the GGs would get a similar sort of feeling if they had just kicked the s*** out of some bloke. They wouldn't associate it with being necassarily "manly" I would presume since they have no frame of reference like a CDer would but I would guess it is ultimately the same sort of feeling.

Now, put on that dress and be a (wo)man about this!

Marla S
07-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Sounds like Lara Croft to me.
Would have done the same, if I knew something about Karate.
Less ladylike would have been to smash his teeth.

(The more I go out, the more I whished I would knew something about the asian art of self-defense)

James/Jennie
07-16-2006, 06:11 PM
Martial arts is very important for anyone to know, CDer or not. I'm working on my 3rd dan black belt. Good job beating up that cowboy...

As to the question, yeah, when I do masculine things I don't feel the need to dress. Sometimes it isn't effected(I can watch sports wearing pants or a skirt) but when I'm working out, it's gotta be either in my uniform or bare-chested with some basketball shorts...

Julie Katherine
07-16-2006, 08:19 PM
it's simply reaching your potential for a positive outcome...it leads directly to a level of satisfaction that cannot be denied...

tekla west
07-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Its called "Over Compensation." I can't even count the number of TG persons I know who are ex - Army Ranger, SEALS and all that stuff. Add to that the number of grrls who have some supersize sucide cycle, and all that stuff, and its obvious that many of us try very hard to be the "guy" that society wants / expects us to be.

Be that as it may, don't you know any women who like a good fight? I know a few. And a couple times a year - owing to my job - we get involved in fights. Not the mano-a-mano crap, but all out street brawls. Ten on 12 crap. Sometimes ten on one stuff. It rocks my world. But I still find, with my knuckles hurting, that I like the nice pink nightshirt when I get home. I really like the fact that I know I can do both, so I can do one and back it up with the other.

Michelle Ellis
07-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Well first off good for you Krysten! I'm glad no one got hurt! :)

But I'm very opposite to you. When I have to do something masculine, which I do almost everyday at work, I Hate it! I mean a deep loathing passionate sort of hate. I fight tears sometimes even, and I focus on my nightly ritual of letting my hair down and being Michelle for a few hours just to get me thru.

Don't get me wrong, that's have to do stuff. When I do other things I enjoy, like work on my car for example, I don't mind being male so much, tho I'd still prefer otherwise by a long shot.

M

Krystenw
07-16-2006, 09:38 PM
[quote=Phyliss]Krystenw, just looked at your picture on your profile, and I can't imagine you taking down some drunken cowboy with Kungfu and other stuff.
Phyliss, don't believe your eyes, underneith all the makeup and clothes I'm just a big, ugly ex hospital corpsman that through no fault of my own after receiving orders to Viet Nam, I got stuck at a Marine corps base in Japan for a couple years. With a gazillion Marines around I didn't have much to do and since I don't drink or corouse, I took Karate lessons.

Thanks again to everyone. Again I find I am not alone.

Karren H
07-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Nope, I can do just about anything mascaline and turn around and dress up in a heartbeat!! Used to go play ice hockey and if we won, go home and celebrate by dressing till 2 or 3 in the morning!!!

Love Karren