PDA

View Full Version : Got Friends? Your out

Paula Rae
07-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Hey Ladies,

Here's a letter emailed today, it may explain the main reason I decided to "Come Out".
My friend download some of my pictures from my personal web album and distributed them to some of our mutual friends. Well you can guess what that started. :eek:

"The Real Truth About Crossdressing" would make this post to long and boring so I'll post it separately tomorrow.

Once again I am the center of attraction "Gossip" at the Moose Lodge and that's okay as I've been there before and survived just fine. However this time around, I'd like to put an end the hearsay and put the facts on the table.

• Yes, I am a Cross Dresser.
• No, I am not Gay.
• Yes, Marian knew about me for years and was always supportive.
• Yes, Ilene also knows and not only approves but supports me.
• Yes, that is me in the picture thats being shown around. (let me know if you want a copy)

I was outed (exposed) on the internet last November by a supposedly good friend, at that time I knew it would only be a mater of time before all of you would be made aware of my secret life in the closet. Since then I have made no attempt to hide my cross dressing. I have no regrets and my only concern is: the harm or embarrassment that it may cause my family members,
none of them know about my cross dressing, however by the time you read this they will have received this letter first.

For those of you who are still with me and would like to see some of my pictures, here is the link, the pictures range in age from two years ago to this month (July). This album was my downfall or if seen from another angle, my liberation. http://picasaweb.google.com/PaulaRaeMontoya
The album is renamed and is now public. (why not? there's nothing to lose now)

Please read the attached: "The Real Truth About Crossdressing" which may enlighten you on this subject and maybe help you to understand my other dear friends who are still hiding in the closet.

Rich Montoya
aka Paula Rae Montoya

Carroll
07-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Nicely written. Let us know how many run away and how many enbrace you

GG Vanya
07-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Good on ya Paula! That's gonna take the wind outta their sails!

And btw, I peeked at your album, and I think the pic of you with the red blouse, white skirt, standing by the phone, is the best I've seen of you.

Or was it white blouse red skirt? Anyway, it's the one of you by the phone.

tekla west
07-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Karren, are you reading this? Someone, somewhere is going to see those photos, after that you are at thier mercy as to what they will do with them. And what little I know about life tends to indicate that "mercy" is just a world in the dictonary, not a quality of life.

Mostly, though, I just don't think anything that is "secret" gets to stay that way forever. Its not a question of "IF" but only a matter of "WHEN."

sterling12
07-16-2006, 11:12 PM
I think your "real" friends are going to be very angry and unhappy with the person who exposed you.

NO PERSON has the right to try and destroy the life of another person. The reality is that it cheapens the worth of the person doing the exposing!

Good luck down at the Moose Hall, you have a lot of guts! Hopefully, in a short time, people with brains are going to say, "Hey, it's the same person I liked before....why should I not like this person now".

Crisis can bring out the best and worst in people, I think your going to find out a lot about the people around you, in a very short time. I think that you will find that some people that you thought you could depend upon, you can't! I think that you will find that some people who you thought would stone you, are going to turn out to be supportive. Oh, and the great majority won't give a damn either way! Much too wrapped up in their own lives and problems.

If it gets real rough, I'd threaten to go on The Springer Show. Great P.R. for The Town of Martinez....bet the boys down at The Moose Hall would be looking forward to that show!

Peace and Love....and good luck, Joanie

Calliope
07-16-2006, 11:22 PM
Classy letter - businesslike, with heart.

Sarah Rabbit
07-16-2006, 11:26 PM
I think Sterling12 wrapped it up nicely..Damn good words...

Hugs, to you Paula

Paula Rae
07-17-2006, 03:04 AM
Hey Ladies,
I came out, via email to my family: Daughter, two sons, sister and two brothers. These are the ones who really count. So far both my sister and daughter called and both expressed their love, concern and support. Neither one was surprised, I guess the closet door wasn't quite closed. :eek:

Your kind words and support are very much appreciated and I thank for being here for me. I'll keep you informed.

Paula Rae

JenniferMint
07-17-2006, 03:11 AM
Nicely written. Let us know how many run away and how many enbrace you

The ones who don't run away are your real friends.

RachelDenise
07-17-2006, 04:55 AM
Paula, good luck with this issue. I'm sorry it had to come to something like this, but you have handled it in an extremely classy way. Honesty, poise and confidence. WE ALL SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOU!

Joy Carter
07-17-2006, 05:24 AM
Paula I'm behind you 100%. I lost many friends almost two years ago by a friend since sixth grade who did the outting. I had three of the wives who while not saying anything gave me great big huggs, that ment a lot to me. Just miss the friendship though.

Lilith Moon
07-17-2006, 10:59 AM
:clap: to you Paula, I'm glad your family are supportive. As for anybody who objects... :tongueout to them.

BTW, my fav outfit is the tan coloured gypsy skirt :thumbsup:

:hugs:

mollytyler
07-17-2006, 11:56 AM
I am sure you feel a wisp of fresh air over your life!!! It can be hard to just let it out...I am sure you had hopes to do it on your own terms....the jerk who had no respect for you as a person will be found by others to be just that...A JERK!
I had the convenience of a supportive sister who helped me out early in life and deal with Mom...who has been very supportive after th first shock many years ago. Had always been that skinny feminine looking perosn we all saw in HS who was called every name in the book.....as I said in other posts....the name gradually faded as they became old news and the bulllies selected new targets when they could not get me mad and others defended me....mostly girls......You seem to have made the best of the situation and hav shown that you have CLASS as a woman!!! Keep chin high and be who you are.

Shelly Preston
07-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Hi Paula

Well done,

The letter is excellent and you deserve everything to go ok.

Best Wishes for the future.

Siobhan Marie
07-17-2006, 02:58 PM
Hi Paula

Well done,

The letter is excellent and you deserve everything to go ok.

Best Wishes for the future.

:iagree: with Shelly and can add no more.

:hugs: Anna x