PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Nails

DanaJ
12-03-2004, 09:47 PM
I just got back from my nail appointment, and wow! My nail tech did what she called "Christmas" nails on me. After a fill on my gels, she first did a base coat, and then a gold polish coat. On top of that she did a single coat of a candy apple red. The red was slightly transparent, so that the gold shows through enough to add a shimmer and depth to the nails, it looks awesome!

I don't know how well the camera will pick this up, but here is a pic ;)

DanaJ

EDIT: I am doing some photo cleanup, if you want to see these pix, please contact me at curiousguy128@yahoo.com or by Yahoo Messenger (user name curiousguy128)

DanaJ
12-03-2004, 09:48 PM
One more of the hands...
EDIT: I am doing some photo cleanup, if you want to see these pix, please contact me at curiousguy128@yahoo.com or by Yahoo Messenger (user name curiousguy128)

JoannaDees
12-03-2004, 11:55 PM
Wow. Excellent! I'm really going to have to consider that gel route. I just had by lousy flimsy nail rip off tonight. These gel nails are very durable, right? Much more so than say acrylic nails? I'd like something that makes it seem like I have strong nails, even when not dressing.

Thanks for sharing, Dana.

Joanna

DanaJ
12-04-2004, 12:33 AM
Thank you Joanna for the nice comments. While gel nails are not as strong as acrylics, they stand up well and are thinner and more natural looking than acrylics, and better for your nails too. You know what I do for a living, so you know they must stay on well and stay nice looking too.

DanaJ

Sharon
12-04-2004, 01:03 AM
Lovely nails Dana! I wouldn't know that thar be gold beneath the red surface, but they sure do sparkle pretty! :)

DanaJ
12-04-2004, 01:24 AM
Some might call it "fool's gold" LOL

DanaJ

Tristen Cox
12-04-2004, 01:28 AM
Very nice nails Dana, stunning :D you're giving me idea's.... hmmm think I've got some gold around here:D

*hugs*
Tristen

babe4life
12-04-2004, 02:52 AM
Dana, those nails look fantabulous! And such a pretty colour too. Very, very nice.

Love,
Vicky

Marlene4a
12-04-2004, 03:12 AM
Dana: Truely beautiful and magnificient finger nails.
This is one part of crossdressing I am still trying to "nail" down .

If I could get my fingernails to look half as good I would be most happy.

I like the way the definition of the fingernail polish is between the nail and your skin. Very clear cut.
I sometimes have trouble with this, and some areas usually "run together".

But yours are perfect.
You are a beautiful lady, in more ways than one.

Me.

Marlene4a
12-04-2004, 05:39 AM
Most importantly: Forgot to mention how pretty the fingers are that go with the nails.
I would not have the g...ts to show my fingers and nails. Someday, after maybe a good stiff drink of JB Brandy..Lol.

Looking at your nails make me realize there may be hope for me.

Thank you again Dana, for this important lesson that is an integral part of and includes a large spectrum of crossdressing.

Me

DanaJ
12-04-2004, 09:50 AM
Thanks everyone for the very kind words, they mean a lot to me. I really enjoy going to get my nails done every week, but it is not always easy. I too wonder whether I should be doing this or not, and although I love the look of my hands and feet afterwards, there is a big fear factor as I leave after my appointment and go into the real world. Especially when I am sporting 20 bright red signs LOL

One thing is for sure, I always drive extra careful and don't exceed the speed limit when my fingers are all polished :)

Marlene and Allison, thanks for the hands comment. They look much better in the photos than they do in person. It is a wonder that they are in one piece, considering my job. I'm just lucky that at this time I have no big burns or cuts on them....

DanaJ

Edit: I added a pic of my Christmas toes too :)

JoannaDees
12-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Lovely toes those!

Marlene4a
12-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Beautiful work Dana. Nice Toes.
I like the sandals too.

Me