PDA

View Full Version : Transformation Salons...the Good the Bad and the Ugly

Ranee Daze
07-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Hey girlies, let's tell all about the "transformation salon" business. Some on the forum have expressed regrets about www.transformations.com in England and other have had glowing reviews of others. Up here in Canada my two pilgrimages to "Take A Walk on The Wildside" in Toronto were real letdowns.
I had read a glowing article in the national edition of Toronto's Globe and Mail Newspaper and had squeezed out some time from a family visit nearby to seek the place out. I found it it be very cramped, more for "drag" than for dressing and their transformation area was needy on the cleanliness side of things. Their transformations portfolio was a shabby three ring binder of not so good polaroids.
As I said, their fashions and products were mostly tacky-drag stuff and overpriced, but the biggest letdown was the downright disinterested attitude of the staff. I mean, this was a very daring thing to do in my mind, very exciting in fact and they could care less it seemed to me. Not the greatest business sense. In the end I spent not a cent, and got a parking ticket for my second effort!
I am sure there are other happy/horros stories out there.

karen fox
07-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Hey girlies, let's tell all about the "transformation salon" business. Some on the forum have expressed regrets about www.transformations.com in England and other have had glowing reviews of others. Up here in Canada my two pilgrimages to "Take A Walk on The Wildside" in Toronto were real letdowns.
I had read a glowing article in the national edition of Toronto's Globe and Mail Newspaper and had squeezed out some time from a family visit nearby to seek the place out. I found it it be very cramped, more for "drag" than for dressing and their transformation area was needy on the cleanliness side of things. Their transformations portfolio was a shabby three ring binder of not so good polaroids.
As I said, their fashions and products were mostly tacky-drag stuff and overpriced, but the biggest letdown was the downright disinterested attitude of the staff. I mean, this was a very daring thing to do in my mind, very exciting in fact and they could care less it seemed to me. Not the greatest business sense. In the end I spent not a cent, and got a parking ticket for my second effort!
I am sure there are other happy/horros stories out there.

Hi,
I've found a few of the TRANSFORMATION stores in the UK, and even managed to venture into them!
I have however always found the staff to be very polite and understanding especially in the Manchester and birmingham stores.
I do agree though about being overpriced!
Always enjoyed my trips though I have to say.
Karen

DonnaT
07-17-2006, 06:22 PM
You could always try http://www.geocities.com/ka2consult/index.html

Dragster
07-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Karen,
Manchester and Birmingham are the only UK Transformation shops I've been to, and I also found the staff very friendly and helpful too, and that's the best way to sell you something. I posted my experiences in anothe recent thread, here's the link,
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=490015#post490015

Tony

kathy gg
07-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Hi Donna and thanks for the mention.

Ranee sorry you had a bad experience at WS. It does serve a purpose for those not ready to meet the 'public' so to speak. I have had to use their facility before as a place to take a client to get ready, but that was it. For that purpose I found it was adequate.

Anyway, if you ever want to re-think tg servies, take a look at the link Donna provided, what I do is completely different than what WS does.

Good luck

You could always try http://www.geocities.com/ka2consult/index.html