PDA

View Full Version : Young CD's we need to stand up for ourselves?

ashleyinwpb
07-17-2006, 09:02 PM
I'm a 25 year old cd and I wish I could meet more young Cd's like me...I hate to be the political lets stand up and fight for our rights but I like to try to mix fem clothing with my male drab because I'm not passable at all.I think we as young CDs should do and wear as much as possible to help society start to accept us...Let me know what you think.

noname
07-17-2006, 10:00 PM
I think we as young CDs should do and wear as much as possible to help society start to accept us...Let me know what you think.

What is needed is organization. Are there enough cd's to be that open about it? Enough to rally? Enough that don't mind being stamped with the stigma?

I'm young like you are, and as much I'd like to see change I don't see it coming any time soon. I'm sure I could pass if I wanted to, but I have no interest in that. I'm a guy and I'm very ok with that.

I'm guessing the best thing is whatever one wears is that be tasteful, and not over the top.

Kate Simmons
07-18-2006, 06:08 AM
Got my vote Hon. But hell, I got nothing to lose being an "old biddy" Love, Ericka

Charleen
07-18-2006, 08:06 AM
Welcome Ashley, Yeah it's rough out there for ones such as us. We do what we can. I project a femme attitude and appearence even in drab as I have my nails done and clear polish, long natural hair, pierced ears, 5 rings, 2 bracelets, and a hint of perfume. My feeling is that we wear something femme at all times then the un-washed masses might start getting used to it. much like woman and pants a while back. Subtle but visible is the key for me. I could go on, but there are other posts for you to check out on this, and believe me there are many. Love and xxxx,Lily

James/Jennie
07-18-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm young too...almost twenty...and wish it were possible to do the whole rally kind of movement, but I'd be too afraid to join...

NighttimeGirl
07-18-2006, 10:57 AM
yeah its great isnt it, if I came home and caught my GG wearing my clothes what do you think would happen? nothin thats what, socially acceptable you see but one thing is for sure this is a whole different ball game, times have changed though gradually but surely for the better, ppl like Eddie (all hail) Izzard and Beckahm even wearing knickers and nail polish, at least you can get nail polish for men etc, that was unheard of years ago but even back earlier in the 16th and seveteenth it was the men that wore makeup and dresses and then full turn,

sorry startin to get borin and rantin now must stop myself and check my make up :bye:

noname
07-18-2006, 01:51 PM
yeah its great isnt it, if I came home and caught my GG wearing my clothes what do you think would happen? nothin thats what, socially acceptable you see but one thing is for sure this is a whole different ball game

Don't get me started. I could very easily go on a long rant about that. There is a word for it, it's called a double standard.

// Because it's different when women do it.

** Edit: Forgot to mention **
I believe maadonna did a song where she talks about this. Something about girls being a tom boy and it's ok, but for a boy to dress like a girl, well that's just a shame. Something along those lines.

ReginaK
07-18-2006, 05:26 PM
The metrosexual movement has pretty much paved the way for young crossdressers. I'd even say it's easier to be a crossdresser under the age of 25 than it is to be one over the age of 25 because of them. They've already made it acceptable for males to get manicures, pedicures, wear makeup, wear nail polish, and dress nicely. The ground work has already been laid out.

gennee
07-18-2006, 08:54 PM
The only way the public will ever understand us is to be out there. I'm 57 and have been out several times.Passing is not important to me. I hope that my actions will encourage other CDs to do the same. I applaud the yound CDs who are going out and doing it too.

Gennee

tekla west
07-19-2006, 12:24 AM
There are several groups in existence that work to make these changes. Gender-PAC, The Transgender Law Project, just type in TRANSGENDER into Google and go from there. Find one or two you like, and help them. Work with them. I see lots of younger CDs out and about in SF, the climate is so different now that it was even 15 years ago.

Nothing beats going out and making a positive presentation. Passing is largely a myth, just because no one calls you on it does not mean they don't know, or notice. So just go out and be yourself tonight. Be nice. Be polite. Be yourself. Just talking to one person at a time is the most direct course to freedom for yourself and others.

KellyT
07-19-2006, 03:29 AM
I'm 36, so not as young as most of you, but as all of you agree with all the points above. I'm slowly adding bits and pieces of feminine clothing to my wardrobe and borrowing items such as scarves and sweaters from my wife's(she knows and is okay about this). I try and wear items outside as much as possible but still find it hard. I once wore a chunky knit moss green scarf and cashmere sweater out with flared trousers. It looked great and very stylish. A hint of femininity, but probably more with a look that I cared for my appearance. I felt really good and was wit my wife the whole day, but still felt really self concious. I could've sworn people were staring at me. Maybe they were and thinking "he looks great", maybe I was just flattering myself and nobody was interested. It probably says a lot about my own insecurities, but I reckon most of us have them or there wouldn't be so many topics on this site i a similiar thread. I reckon that my crossdressing will only ever amount to the above, but I am happy with that. I doubt my wife would be comfortable about me trying to pass as a woman anyway.
Yes, we should wear more items of clothing that were feminine and the more of us that are confident in who we are then te more accepted it will become. My wife never used to accept crossdressing (before I came out), but loved Eddie Izzard.

I'm losing my train of thought here. X

typical_guy
07-19-2006, 06:11 AM
I've only been to a club fully dressed. I've never really been out in public, in broad daylight. I would love to feel comfortable going out dressed to the movies or the mall or to a restraunt but I'm not quite there yet. Sometime by the end of the year maybe! I *DO* however regularly wear women's low rise jeans (size 7/8 Aeropostale). One of the pairs I have has little shinny stones on the butt so those are obviously women's jeans. I need to get more jeans, I love wearing them when I'm out, it looks great on me and no one has said anything about them, which is somewhat surprising. I think they probably just assume I'm gay or something.

cheerleaderbabe
07-19-2006, 06:16 PM
yes we should...i am 20 years old and i think we do need to stand up!

noname
07-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Is the metrosexual thing still in? I read some disgusting article about fashion and how men don't feel their masculinity is being addressing in their clothing. Supposedly designers are now shifting more to dark colors and plaid (sp?) shirts. Oh vomit. Yeah, I wanna dress like a lumber jack. not. Ok I'm off topic.

Getting back on topic, how do you suggest we stand up? I'm thinking the best way is to address it from a fashion sense. ie. I like the cut, the fabic, the color, design etc... that's what's causing guys to buy womens jeans, or why women wear mens clothes. Of course thats why I wear what I wear. No one should really care as long as it's not over the top.

I'm still wondering why guys pants havn't changed since 1990.

** Edit: forgot to mention **

We need to be actually seen. Nothing will change with this dress at home stuff. If we can be seen that's good. If you can be seen with friends, that's even better.

Eric/a
07-19-2006, 07:07 PM
I was going to start a new topic, but I guess it's usually better to post in an existing thread if there's one close enough to the same subject, which I guess this one is!:D I think it's amazing how, even in an age that everybody says is all about "diversity," "tolerance," and what have you, at the end of the day, most people still can't come to grips with someONE or someTHING that falls outside the boundaries of what they call "normal." I don't really know who benefits from the so-called "tolerance" that's been hyped up. Definitely not us, because you can read threads right here in this forum about how scary it is for a beginner CD to even go shopping for the first time, let alone go out fully dressed en femme!

Just to give credit where it's due, look how many levels of elected officials the people in "alternative lifestyles" have in their corner. They even had a President who tried to get them the right to serve in the military. I don't think Clinton was able to get more than the "don't ask, don't tell" policy out of that deal, but at least they had a President who "went to bat" for them, so to speak. Gonna take some doing for us to make that kind of impact, isn't it?:D