PDA

View Full Version : Finally out shopping

Ashley in Virginia
07-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Ok. I have always been way to chicken to shop in the real world, but I finally did it today. Firstly I needed a new dryer as mine is crap, so I went to best buy and scored a new one for 160. I was all super tickled as it was the floor model and they stuck the price on it just as I walked by. It saved me 100 bucks, So......

I figured I would wander over to the mall down the street for some lunch and just to poke around. I have a little extra cash in my pocket and like most money it was burning a hole in my pocket. I was strolling thru the mall and a store was having a going out of business sale. The store sells Juniors clothes, mostly hoochie, but some cute stuff.

I was in a real good mood, still feeling incredible after the great deal I got earlier. So I wandered in. I figure they will be shut down in a few weeks, and with 8 million people living around here, who will I ever see again. Most of the stuff in my size was gone, but I picked up 2 tops, a new belt and a cute pair of sandles for 14 bucks. I am the deal queen today. lol. Hopefully I can try them on tomorrow and get some pics.

So maybe I am finally getting past my stupid fear of shopping. http://crossdresserclub.com/home/images/smilies/smile.gif

corsetman
07-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Maybe we can go together!!

Michelle Ellis
07-18-2006, 03:27 PM
That's great Ashley!! WTG :)

I'm where you were, hoping to get over that silly fear.

M

dancer1
07-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Nadeens all in, shoping shoping shoping. LOL

Charleen
07-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Ashley, now you've done it! You went and got bit by the shopping bug! :D I love it myself. Got 2 bras, panties, knee-his, and anklet socks for me, and a set of pink sheets for the bed. Watch out girl, the flood gates have opened! ENJOY! Love and xxxx,Lily:hugs:

Wendy me
07-18-2006, 04:17 PM
way to go on your shopping keep on shopping you got $86.00 more to spend........

Katrina
07-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Good job! Doesn't shopping feel so good? I love it!

typical_guy
07-18-2006, 07:13 PM
I want to go shopping while dressed but I'm kind of affraid to do it by myself. I'm going to get my look perfected a little more and see if one of my female friends will go with me! I want to try to be passable (if that's possible?). One of my main problems is the voice, I really need to work on that! I'm thinking about buying a microphone to record myself making different voices and trying different things until I get one that sounds at least somewhat decent. If I look good enough and the voice is half-way decent it will probably work.

paulaN
07-18-2006, 09:22 PM
you had better get rid of the rest of that money befor it burst into flames in your pocket. besides your on a roll so. go gurl go.

Phyliss
07-19-2006, 06:29 AM
If you need shoes,( who doesn't?) go to Payless, they "understand".

Picked these up just yeaterday, to go with my L.A. Blues jeans from Fashion Bug.

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensCasuals&BLC=WomensCasualsTrendy&Width=Wide&ItemCode=54987&LotNumber=049324&Type=Adult&Popularity=22&DescriptiveColor=Brown

Kinda remind me of Doc Martins. That way they are all the most passable as "guy" shoes.

Di
07-19-2006, 07:37 AM
Ashley, the deal queen....I thought that was my title lol.....WTG...fun wasn't it:D

Casey Morgan
07-19-2006, 09:12 AM
Good for you Ashley. Shopping in a bricks and mortar store is great, isn't it? I can only seem to do it when I'm by myself though. That's what we need: I Can't Shop Anonymous. But then we'd need I Can't Go To I Can't Shop Anonymous Anonymous. And so on.

Ashley in Virginia
07-19-2006, 03:06 PM
Thanks ya'll for the encouragement. I figured I'd drop a couple pics of the stuff I bought. :)

U cant see the sandles in these pics. The belt is new as are the tops, I knwo they look similar, but one is long and gathered at the sides and the one in the bottom pic is shorter.

Janice
07-19-2006, 03:11 PM
cute pictures , you do know how to shop.

tekla west
07-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Good going girl! Way nice, now all you need is a place to go. And skip Payless, try 9 West, it is its own reward.

Ashley in Virginia
07-20-2006, 03:32 PM
I had some free time late this morning and tried to go shopping again. I froze up. Oh well, guess I dont have this thing beaten after all.

tekla west
07-20-2006, 03:33 PM
As Scarlet O'Hare reminds us "Tomorrow is another day!"

Katrina
07-20-2006, 04:03 PM
I had some free time late this morning and tried to go shopping again. I froze up. Oh well, guess I dont have this thing beaten after all.

I think I can safely say this - we all have moments when we chicken out. I know I do. I'll chicken out a good 50% of the time still. It gets easier, but you will have good days and bad days.

MistyCD
07-21-2006, 09:22 PM

Hi Ashley, don't worry about freezing up, it happens to the best of us...I've been out shopping dozens of times both enfemm and in drab. There are times when you get this feeling in your gut to just forget about it and go home.

ps, where abouts in NJ are you, I am by Flemington

hugs Misty

sandra-leigh
07-21-2006, 10:53 PM
I want to go shopping while dressed but I'm kind of affraid to do it by myself. [...] One of my main problems is the voice, I really need to work on that!

I've gone shopping a number of places, in drab and en femme -- and I've never even tried to work on my voice.

So yes, probably most of the sales people have recognized me as male when I spoke -- and that just hasn't been important, not to them and not to me.

In about 2 years of shopping, there has only been one place that gave me any hastle at all, and even there it wasn't a matter of trying to embarass me (just a bit of fear that CD'ers would drive away GG business.)

The local high-end bra store does give me a bit of a snooty attitude when I go in there, but they do that to all men, even the ones there to buy for SO's. It isn't just me: some women I know have griped about the sales attitude in that store. Delusions of being upper class, or something like that...

But I'm getting pretty bold these days, I guess. For example, yesterday I walked into a leather crafting store, in drab, spoke exclusively to the male owner, and ordered a custom leather bra for myself, specifically saying that the purpose is to give me cleavage. (It'll cost $$$, but they have a reputation of being able to make anything out of leather.)

Barb Valentine
07-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Hey Ashley
Good for you
Just one step at a time
You look wonderful but wheres the picture of the new dryer? :heehee:

kaylagurl
07-21-2006, 11:02 PM
wow, you could have gone shopping dressed like that and no one would have noticed a thing!!