PDA

View Full Version : help in breaking out

heshe
07-19-2006, 12:53 AM
just wondering how some of you finally got the curage up to go out dressed ifen if you couldn"t pass all help will help thanks girls

loki_uk
07-19-2006, 01:30 AM
I just went clubbing with some girls I knew to local gay bars, and don't fret the clothes rather give you away as someone probably straight anyway

It sounds risky, but at least there the worst you'll get is the odd laugh, at least you'll be safe

tekla west
07-19-2006, 02:14 AM
I got tired of staying at home, I love the nightlife, I got to get down an boogie (it was the late 70s after all) and I have always thought that it is my world too.

Calliope
07-19-2006, 06:25 AM
There was a day, I woke up from a nap, the family was out of town, I had been thinking about it all day, and I just heard myself say, 'If you don't do it, you'll regret it forever' - the voice of truth as it were.

Lawren
07-19-2006, 10:13 AM
It's just like asking for a first date. You have to have enough desire to and then you have to have find the courage within yourself to overcome the fear of doing so.

Karren H
07-19-2006, 10:13 AM
2004, Holiday Inn in Price Utah. Was there on business and had packed my fem clothes. Had only been crossdressing seriously for 4 months after a long dry spell. Got dressed and planned to just hang around the room. But that evening got the bug to go outside. Thought I looked pretty good and had a new winter fem jacket and a purse so I went to the door and grabbed the knob and chickend out! Went to the door mybe 20 times then on the 21st time just opened the door and went out into the hall! My heart was racing and I thought I was going to faint. Down the hall, past 2 guys who didn't even notice me, and out into the parking lot, knees shaking. Kind of extreemely excited and scared to death all rolled into one. Took off in the rental car and drove around. Found a walmart and went over and bought a soda from one of the machines. And as luck would have it a car pulls up! Almost ran back to the car. Lol. Bought some gas on the way back to the hotel and went back to my room!! What a feeling!!

Looking back I wonder why I hadn't done that decades before. Once you go out, staying home and dressing is just not much fun!! Now I come and go enfemme while on business trips and it feels so natural.

So just open the door and go out now and have a blast!! You won't regret it!!

Love Karren

pinkshelly
07-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Kerrin, Your first step out the door was in Price UTAH? Sorry thats kinda funny, I live in Layton Utah.
Anywho, the first time I really stepped out was to a Grocery stor in the middle of the day. It took along time sitting in the car to do it. Then I thought if this is what you want to do, you will have to start some time. If you chicken out now and run home you will always run home. It was the scairiest shopping trip of my life but I did it. Now it's not much of a deal. Like Kerrin Said, sitting around the house dressed is no fun any more.
Huggs, Shelly.

Karren H
07-19-2006, 02:46 PM
Kerrin, Your first step out the door was in Price UTAH? Sorry thats kinda funny, I live in Layton Utah.
Huggs, Shelly.

Yeah it is funny since Utah isn't exactually TG friendly but neither is southern WV or eastern KY. So you either pass or be ready to hike up your skirt and run like hell!! Hehehe

Love Karren

tekla west
07-19-2006, 03:22 PM
Hence the constant hockey stick in the wardrobe.

michellecd9999
07-19-2006, 04:34 PM
For me, it was having a professional makeover. I was not sure how passable I might be. So I went and had a professional makeover with a lady who caters to CDs. She also took some pics of me. After seeing the pics and getting encouragement from her that I could "blend" in pretty well, I went to a Tri-ess meeting and went out to dinner with their group - my first public outing. I have only had a chance to do that a few times but plan on more adventures in public! You should check the web and yahoo groups in your area for makeover services for CDs.

Michelle

myMichelle
07-19-2006, 04:35 PM
You know, this may seem strange, but I'm not even sure I remember my first time out completely enfemme. Like Karren and others, I remember going to the door or sitting in my car, heart pounding, too terrified to even think about stepping out. I think that one day--out of sheer frustration at having chickened out so many times before--I just stepped out the door and did it...the rest is history.

typical_guy
07-19-2006, 04:41 PM
My first time out was just last Saturday. I have a whole thread dedicated to it. I went with a lesbian woman and she dressed up like a man. I dressed up like a woman and we went together. I was her "date" so to speak. It was a lot of fun and I didn't have any of the scared anticipation that many of you speak about because I had company. I have yet to venture out on my own. It's so much easier when you're out with accepting people. I'm sort of trying to surround myself with people that are accepting of crossdressing so I can talk about anything with them and not feel uncomfortable about certain subjects.

Stephany
07-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Was it only 5 months ago? I was away at a course, staying in a motel with outside doors. (I only dress away from home.) Was dressed up in my room on the first night and got the urge to step outside. I must have spent 30 mins checking from behind the curtain that no-one was around (that I could see).

Next I took one step outside and then quickly back in - the world did not fall apart! Then I convinced myself that since it was quite late, dark, and raining, there was not likely to be anyone around. I grabbed my room key and car key, stood behind the door taking deeep breaths, poked my head outside for the umpteenth time, then took the plunge. Outside, close the door, down the one flight of steps, into the car, and away. Oh, what a thrill those first few steps outside were.

Was there any one thing that gave me the courage to do it? I don't think so. Really a combination of wanting to, finally realizing the world would not fall apart, and knowing that nobody there knew me anyway so, what the heck!

Annesah
07-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Oh Steph no; not dark and stormy. A new life of your own. So good!:hugs:

hotbobbie
07-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Mine was in small steps. Then larger ones until now i work two jobs and both of them in full fem. You will get there just do it at your own pace and above all else in a safe location.

typical_guy
07-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Wow, how do you work 2 jobs in full fem? I'm totally jealous. That would so make it worth going into work.

hotbobbie
07-19-2006, 06:11 PM
I am lucky that the people not only the ones i work for but with, are shall we say really with it.

princessmichelle
07-19-2006, 07:40 PM
Hi,
I went out crossdressed with a group of crossdressers, which had several benefits to doing it alone.

princessmichelle

Dee 1062
07-19-2006, 07:46 PM
I got tired of being alone and I thought, I think I look ok, maybe others would be ok...went to the gay bars and wow...everything else is History...Now I go to Mix clubs and found out their are alot of transgender people in Columbus, Ohio:)I found a new world of great people.

Charleen
07-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Don't try to pass. Get dressed in all femme from skin out. Blouse that buttons the "wrong" way, lady's jeans, socks and womans sneaks, no make up but a little lip gloss and head out the door and do what I have to do without a thought. I have found that no one looks that close anyway. To be honest, I am not bothered even when I'm out buying some delicates and the cashier notices my nails, jewelry, or whatnot. It's actually a kick to see how nervous they get! Go for it. Once tried, it will second nature after that. Love and xxxx, Lily

AmandaM
07-19-2006, 08:53 PM
I waited until dark and then snuck down the stairs of my apartment. Then I walked around the apartment complex. It was scary! Since I was about 25 and thinner I was 90% passable, but if you hovered pensively, someone could figure it out. So, I didn't stay too long in one place. Now that I'm past 40, I'd run! LOL. CLick, Clack, Click, bam, ow!

Adrienne Heels
07-19-2006, 09:04 PM
I was away on a business trip and went out to get makeup in a department store. I had the makeup artist do my face and I bought everything I needed.

surc777
07-20-2006, 12:27 AM
Mine was easy - I told my girlfriend, and she actually asked to see me as "Jessica". I went to her apartment, basically chanegd in the car, RAN up the stairs, and inside. She said I looked hot, said it was actually a turn on, and would I go out to dinner that Friday dressed? She did my make up and everything, and we had a great time. We made quite a pair, if you can imagine, she is 6' and about 260, I am about 6' 3" and 205. I overheard a guy at one table tell his date that "it looked like the WNBA was taking over the place". The waitress got herself a twent dollar tip by complimenting my shoes and pretending not to notice my deep voice. In short, my g/f's love and support, and a slightly hyperactive sex drive (I know they say adult CD's aren't necessarily aroused by dressing, but I am) allowed me to try it. My best advice is to get a girl you are friends with to help you - being 80% passable looking will probably pass you 100% of the time, and GG's do a much better job than we do. Not to mention, if you have some stage fright, looking even marginal will help your confidence, and the first person to see you like that is always the hardest. Break the ice one person at a time. I still don't go out during the day much, but went to a gas station every evening last week dressed, and to a movie with my g/f the weekend before that.

And you thought War and Peace was long :p

stephanie3111a
07-20-2006, 01:48 AM
Got dolled up the best I could. Had the vision that I looked good enough to go out. (Sometimes the excitement of dressing up makes me forget that I am 6'1" tall and 220 lbs).

Anyhow, my wife had gone to bed and it was kinda late. I put on a nice long black dress, and my gorgeous 5" black patent heels and headed out the door. We lived in a townouse complex, so when you walked out the door you were totally exposed to the world. A neighbor popped out across the street and I "dove" into the car. I drove around for awhile terrified that I would get pulled over by the cops. (I am a local officer and know all the cops in town. They would know me immediately and then who knows how my career would go from there!)

Got the nerve to stop at a walk-up MAC to get some cash. Pranced on up to the lobby and began to get my $$. Wouldn't you know that a car pulled in and somebody was walking up to use the machine too! Thank God it was some dear woman. I quietly said "hello" as I looked down and walked by her trying not to trip in my "big girl heels".

I was so scared and nervous, but I continued on to the grocery store. Like others, I sat in the car for several minutes getting up the courage. I finally walked across the lot and into the store. I grabbed a cart which helped me balance a little easier. I walked around aimlessly enjoying myself and enjoying the sexual pleasure that I was getting from walking around in those sexy shoes. Several guys eyeballed me and made comments and I decided to run for the hills before I caught myself a good ol' fashioned ass whooping.

Got home and told my wife (she knows about my "hobby" and does not protest). She laughed and told me that she could not believe me.

What fun!

Billijo49504
07-20-2006, 03:29 AM
Try the drive thru's a the Mc Muffy's. After dark is always a forgiving time for the CD community.Then when you get a little more faith, give Lane Bryant a try. Those ladies are very TG friendly. It's a corp thing, for them. So go in and ask for a bra fitting. They really enjoy working with us, because we spend dollars, lots of them when treated well.....BJ