PDA

View Full Version : Big day

bi_weird
07-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Wow so today was a big day. First I felt really moody this afternoon so I went to the mall and shopped for guys clothes. *laughs* after years of wanting to buy all those great looking guys clothes I finally got myself some, dressed myself up in the bathroom, and wandered the mall for a while. First time doing that anywhere except my bedroom when I'm alone, and it was fun to be out in public like that. I assume that the constant double takes are a sign that I at least made people question whethere I was a guy or a girl.
Then after dinner I was supposed to study for the GRE with one of my closest friends, and I figured now is as good a time as ever, so I told her how I spent my afternoon. *laughs* The first thing she said, after a short awkward pause, was "What'd you get?!" We've always bonded over loving how guys clothes look, so she was excited that I'd finally gotten some. We talked forever about various things having to do with cross dressing, as well as orientation issues (she's asexual)(check out www.asexuality.org if you haven't heard of it - it's a great forum) and it was wonderful bonding time. She wants to take me shopping for boys clothes, and was really cool with everything.
So yes, today was a big day! Of course, now I get to stay up 'til four am (again) working 'cause I was busy all day doing other things. Ah well, there's always more coffee.
:-)

CaptLex
07-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Wow, that's terrific! We should do something to celebrate. I'm sure it's a day you'll remember for a long time. I love shopping for boys clothes, and I remember how nervous I was the first time I went out like that. It got a little easier each time, and now I don't even think about it. It's great that your friend is cool with it too. :thumbsup:

Kieron Andrew
07-20-2006, 09:51 AM
hey.......god i remember the first time, i went shopping for boxers, i felt like the store detective was watching me or all the camera's were on me!! was a really surreal feeling that day......it was a major buzz!, funny now ive been doing it for years i dont give it a second thought but i will never forget the first time lol

Kimberley
07-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi Bi.
Glad you were able to take that first step. It can be daunting at the least but be rest assured, for a genetic female (no matter how they present) to shop for men's clothing is pretty much the status quo. On the flip side, we get all kinds of raised eyebrows and usually have to be equipped with more than a couple of witty comebacks. (I've had a couple of real gems.)

Stepped out huh? VERY COOL! Obviously this was a big day for you with more than a few milestones. Presenting in public as an androgyne may get a few sideways glances but most people either dont notice, go out of their way to not notice, or just dont care. Again, for a genetic female, it is usually more easily accepted so go for it! Enjoy.

Being young, you can do all sorts of things "trendy" that most people would just overlook. Just stay away from the fashion police. LOL. No seriously, in the punk/rock/alternative lifestyle there can be a lot of room for self expression. (My only complaint in that genre are tats and piecings but that is my own idiosyncracy)

Well, time to move on. Congrats again!

:hugs:
Kimberley.

Kimberley
07-20-2006, 10:37 PM
Lex, you are living proof of my opinion of that genre. I find them to be intelligent, creative, respectful among other things. Totally in opposition to the perceptions created by image. That's not to say there aren't some who do live up to the negative image, just that the majority (at least the ones I know) fall into the first grouping. Very cool people overall.

I particularly like the use of makeup by all 3 genders. Very innovative.

Go for whatever image you want, it will be acceptable. Black is good.... coordinates with anything, but is miserable in the summer unless you become nocturnal.

:hugs:
Kimberley.

Marlena Dahlstrom
07-21-2006, 12:08 AM
Congrats on your big day!

FYI, at one time I worked retail and as Michelle said a lot of women buy clothes for boyfriends, husbands, sons, etc. And as we say over in the MTF forums, ultimately sales people don't really care -- a sale is a sale.

So enjoy! And congrats on coming out to your friend. It's always nice to be able to talk to someone about this part of our lives.

Karren H
07-21-2006, 08:25 AM
Hahaha, this sounds like a post from the MtF section.
Seriously though, glad you had a good time and that your friend is accepting of you. :)

I was thinking the same thing!!! hehehe I can relate.....buying new cloths, changing in the restroom....walking around the mall enfemme...everything except the bonding thing....

Glad you had a great time out.......enmasculine? LOL

Love Karren

Nikki Dee
07-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Just proves that whether you are MtF or FtM...the feelings are the same...we are just different sides of the same coin.. Glad you had a good day love.!!
Love Nikki. x

Felix
07-24-2006, 06:34 AM
Congatulations hun :hugs: This post takes me back to when I first came out I wanted to ware mens shirts and trousres and felt so much more comfortable in boxers lol! My partner always used to buy me mens stuff without a second thought! I know what ya mean though cos I feel a little shy sometimes when I'm lookin at guys clothes. Don't know why really cos when I got em on I feel great and I know I can pass so that's great too. Well done and keep enjoyin the experience dress in what makes ya feel good cos it does loads for ya confidence and self esteem :thumbsup: I went through a stage of toning down but that was stupid cos it was for the wrong reasons and now I becoming more confident with my image all the time and she has started buying me guys stuff again!! So good luck to you and be happy!!

Lisa Golightly
07-24-2006, 06:53 AM
Hahaha, this sounds like a post from the MtF section.

You're not wrong there fella :)

It's nice to know that the boys get a thrill out of shopping too :)

NighttimeGirl
07-26-2006, 08:13 AM
Just proves that whether you are MtF or FtM...the feelings are the same...we are just different sides of the same coin.. Glad you had a good day love.!!
Love Nikki. x

never a truer word typed Nikki you hit it right on the head with that,

n1 on your big day and so glad you enjoyed it :hugs:

Wren
07-27-2006, 10:21 PM
FYI, at one time I worked retail and as Michelle said a lot of women buy clothes for boyfriends, husbands, sons, etc. And as we say over in the MTF forums, ultimately sales people don't really care -- a sale is a sale.

Too true. Although I'm usually very comfortable buying men's clothing I often find myself asking for a gift receipt if I lose my cool, so that I can pretend I'm buying it for a significant male in my life.

On a slight seque I found myself babbling to a VERY inquisitive sales clerk in a 8-14 boys section, which I was in because real shirts do not fit me properly. I was really babbling to this guy, I may have mentioned cheese and other irrelevant things. Anyway I grabbed my bad and ran out of there.

It can get pretty tough but after the first time I assume it should get better.

NighttimeGirl
07-28-2006, 03:38 AM
On a slight seque I found myself babbling to a VERY inquisitive sales clerk in a 8-14 boys section, which I was in because real shirts do not fit me properly. I was really babbling to this guy, I may have mentioned cheese and other irrelevant things. Anyway I grabbed my bad and ran out of there.

It can get pretty tough but after the first time I assume it should get better.

in reply to that when if I was shopping in the mens section as Kieran I would not pay any attention to anyone else in that section, and to be honest from a male perspective i dont think any of my friends would wither, its just something in guy mode you arent looking for, if that makes sense?

I grew up in a very male orientated world on a working class estate in Nottm and when a guy goes shoppin he just wants to get his gear and do one, he isnt aware of distractions, the only thing on my mind is pushy sales man tryin to get me to get a top or summat I dont want.

I do much prefer to be in the girls section tho :heehee:

so shop away until your hearts content :love: forget evryone around you your a guy you want to get in and out there sharpesh so you can get on with proper stuff 0.02

peace and love

:tongueout

Angie G
07-28-2006, 06:31 AM
How that I'm out to my wife she don't mind taking me shopping put me in the ladys department and I'm good for some time now Ical look sometimes she even gets me something I love it:D
Angie G

Wren
07-29-2006, 03:00 AM
in reply to that when if I was shopping in the mens section as Kieran I would not pay any attention to anyone else in that section, and to be honest from a male perspective i dont think any of my friends would wither, its just something in guy mode you arent looking for, if that makes sense?

I grew up in a very male orientated world on a working class estate in Nottm and when a guy goes shoppin he just wants to get his gear and do one, he isnt aware of distractions, the only thing on my mind is pushy sales man tryin to get me to get a top or summat I dont want.

I do much prefer to be in the girls section tho :heehee:

so shop away until your hearts content :love: forget evryone around you your a guy you want to get in and out there sharpesh so you can get on with proper stuff 0.02

peace and love

:tongueout

I probably should have mentioned that I always shop as a female, so I feel a bit sore thumbish. It's all in the mind though.

cheers

NighttimeGirl
07-29-2006, 03:35 AM
I probably should have mentioned that I always shop as a female, so I feel a bit sore thumbish. It's all in the mind though.

cheers

thats fine honey still the same thing go for it and pay no heed to anyone else, they dont care!

you deserve to wear what you like when you like :hugs:

:love: