PDA

View Full Version : No one left to tell

Sharon
12-04-2004, 06:40 PM
I posted a thread one week ago describing my confiding my secret to my younger sister(J). As stated, everything went well and has only gotten better with her in the meantime.
Today I told my other sister(M). It went pretty well I suppose, but not with quite as much equanimity as J has expressed.
Like J, M says that she just wants me to be happy, but doesn't want to have anything to do with this newly introduced persona of mine. That's really okay with me, I don't want to push anything on her that makes her uncomfortable.
A funny thing happened though while she was here today. After I had finished explaining everything to her I got a delivery from the Post Office, a new full-length coat I ordered last week, obviously feminine, and quite lovely as a matter of fact!
Suddenly M's eyes bugged out and she asked me in horror if I left the house when dressed. I admit here to all of you that I lied to my sister and said, "of course not!" No reason to worry her I thought. Also no reason to have to defend myself.
Maybe some day she'll decide it's time to meet Sharon. In the meantime, it's great to have this weight removed from my shoulders.
And now, I have no one else that I wish to tell. :)
Thank you all for listening.
Love,
Sharon

LauraB
12-04-2004, 06:49 PM
My own trials just lately have shown me that family who really love you will accept what you are and come to understand that you are still the good person they always thought you were.

I think you are very lucky and brave in that you came out to your sisters and that they have accepted you even though the last sister is a bit uncommital.
I am sure she will come to see that you are just being yorself. Still the good person she has always known.

Well done for your bravery and for telling a small lie to protect those you love.

Love
Laura
XXXX

racquel
12-04-2004, 09:07 PM
am very happy for you,am not surprised that #2 is less understanding than#1 sister.the hard part is done, now the living as you are part can proceed and the bonds of sisterhood may begin to form.

DanaJ
12-04-2004, 10:18 PM
That's great Sharon - I'm really happy for you :)

DanaJ