PDA

View Full Version : Pantyhose and shorts

Foxy Lady
07-20-2006, 04:15 AM
Yesterday my SO and I were going to the mall. Getting dressed she said I should wear her new denim shorts, I said sure. I decided to wear a pair of nude pantyhose with them. It was a big thrill for me to walk around all afternoon with my nylon clad legs showing for all to see. WOW

Kate Simmons
07-20-2006, 04:19 AM
That's nice, Hon. I just love the "Daisy Duke" look myself. Ericka

RachelDenise
07-20-2006, 04:24 AM
Sounds like fun was had by all! I hope you bought something while at the mall.

Charleen
07-20-2006, 05:31 AM
COOL! Like Erika, I hope you did some shopping. Ya gotta love it! Love and xxxx, Lily

jjjjohanne
07-20-2006, 06:41 AM
Congratulations on the outing. Even bigger congratulations on your SO feeling comfortable with you dressed that way. I would be content to dress that way. I don't feel as big of a need to be perceived as a female as some in this forum. Walking in hose as a man is a wonderful experience. I have done it several times now. One day, I decided to dress in a skirt for halloween. That was the first time I had ever spent very much time in hose and a skirt. I was walking up stairs and down halls. I was very much enjoying the feel of my legs rubbing with no shorts in between!!

J

Adrienne Heels
07-20-2006, 06:56 AM
Foxy, your SO sounds wonderful. And I am sure you had a lot of fun. I hope you did some shopping for yourself!!

KathlyLC
07-20-2006, 09:09 AM
So whats everyones view on shorts and pantyhose..

I go dressed 24/7 and one itme I had a pair of shorts on and pantyhose. I was out doing my usual thing, and in one store a clerk siad I was too obvious wearing pantyhose and shorts.....and that it was tacky to wear hose and shorts at the same time. We chatted a bit, and she even asked the other clerk there for an open honest opinion.....The other clerk stated, yea, loose the pantyhose hon, around here women just do not wear them in conjunction with shorts.

I related this to my wife an she said wear what the &(&R^ I feel like wearing and not to worry about it. ANother friend of hers (GG) when asked thought wearing shorts and hose was not a good match. I personally like it, as it does give shape and better color to the legs. So whats the overall view on shorts and hose? A few have told me that shorts is more casual in this region, and its more to stay cooler, so wearing hose defeats that purpose and look so therefore its going to get second looks from a lot of others.......

I have looked at others an dto be honest I see relatively few if any GG's wearing shorts and hose together....

Tamara Croft
07-20-2006, 09:18 AM
I don't get why on earth you would want to wear pantyhose with shorts?? That makes absolutely no sense at all. I doubt you will find a GG that actually does this!?!?!?!?!

Tina Dixon
07-20-2006, 09:38 AM
I agree with Tamara, but I have seen GG's doing this but they are mostly older women that still have there shape.

RikkiOfLA
07-20-2006, 10:35 AM
To men, one of the most puzzling aspects of the world of women is the role of fashion. Fashion is definitely part of a "herd mentality" that is stronger in many women than in men. Men just think a certain look is "practical." How they are perceived by other women is very important for many women.

But not all women. You will see women who actively flaunt the "rules" of fashion. They run around in short skirts, out-of-fashion shoes, and so on. Some are just wearing older clothes that are still comfortable and have many years of wear left in them. Others are expressing their independence and confidence by wearing what THEY like, whether it's in fashion or not.

Pantyhose are definitely out of fashion today, except for dressy outfits. And with good reason. They do run easily. Wearing them regularly, and replacing them as needed can easily be the largest chunk of a woman's clothing budget. They're hot in the summer, but in the winter, they don't provide any warmth at all. No wonder that women have abandoned them, the same way men have largely abandoned neckties.

So if you want to follow the dictates of fashion, they're out. Especially with shorts. Unless you want to look like a Hooters Girl. But if you are independent and confident, wear them if you like, and enjoy!

Rikki

marika_jaye
07-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Strange that this thread should pop up just now. I've recently taken to wearing pantyhose under my shorts at work (fashion be damned!!), for comfort and the engergizing effects they seem to have on my legs. At first I would bring a pair of pants along with me to throw on whenever I had to interact with people. After experimenting a bit, I've noticed that very few people even notice, and those who do notice don't seem to give a hoot. A skirt may be a different story...

They're hot in the summer, but in the winter, they don't provide any warmth at all.
Many American football players wear pantyhose under their uniforms at the colder games to keep their lower half warm. Years ago Joe Namath (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Namath) actually appeared in pantyhose ads on TV, and I remember hearing something about Brett Favre wearing them (anyone who's been to a game at Lambeau Field in December or January could certainly sympathize).

DonnaT
07-20-2006, 02:59 PM
I don't get why on earth you would want to wear pantyhose with shorts?? That makes absolutely no sense at all. I doubt you will find a GG that actually does this!?!?!?!?!
Hey, I do it, so it must be alright :tongueout

Why? Legs look a whole lot better than the pale look without the hose. Feel real good too.

GG Vanya
07-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Ahem,

Anyone been to a HOOTERS restaurant lately? every pea pickin one of those waitresses wears hose and shorts.

While I don't think it's a "normally" accepted thing in the general public, it's also not true that no GG does it.

Around this neck of the woods, it tends to give a girl the "wrong side of the tracks" look.:D

EricaCD
07-20-2006, 03:32 PM
In the late 80s I remember a fairly popular preppie look where women would wear walking shorts - almost knee length - and a sharp blouse or even a blazer. If memory serves about 1/2 would also wear stockings or hose. It was a terrific look. (Much better, in my opinion, than the current rage for form-fitting knee length shorts that were maladapted from last winter's benighted gaucho pants.) That said, apart from Hooters - which, let's face it, is an important exception to any red-blooded American male - it seems safe to say that shorts+hose is an uncommon combination these days.

That, by the way, is why I stick to skirts! :)

Erica

kathy gg
07-20-2006, 04:54 PM
In the early 90's I was one of the 'fashionable' wearing pantyhose with shorts, I worked at this place called Merry-Go-Round and I seem to recall alot of us doing that. But hey we also grabbed on the the fad of wearing our pants backwards al'a Kriss Kross! It was all part of hip-hop culture in the early 90's and where I worked had a very 'urban' vibe.

I hate to say this but only the Hooters girls or gereatric-vericose-vein- set do that now...but hey what ever floats your boat right?

Sissy_in_pink
07-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Here in Sydney it's winter now, nearly all the young asian girls wear pantyhose or tights with shorts, personally I think it looks quite good.:thumbsup:
I'd love to go to work in the Company issued uniform that is blue shirt & grey blue shorts with grey pantyhose on, but I know what the attitude is at work, so I would hardly make a good impression on my work colleagues.:mad:

Phoebe Reece
07-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Last summer, a few friends and I (we were all dressed enfemme) were shopping at a local mall. Just as we were going into a large shoe store, I noticed a guy in shorts and sheer hose coming out. He was with what appeared to be his wife and kids. Otherwise, I might have stopped and congratulated him on his bravery. We did make brief eye contact and I'm pretty sure he read me. I often wonder if the hose and shorts was the extent of his dressing and what his wife's attitude about it was.

Back in the 70's (for all to brief a time), "hot pants" became the fashion rage. They were very nicely tailored short shorts and were almost always worn with pantyhose and dressy heels. They were considered dressy and professional enough to even be worn by women in downtown offices. Maybe it will make a comeback some day.

You can avoid the fashion no-no of today by wearing pantyhose with shorts that don't look like shorts. A "skort" is a skirt that has built-in shorts underneath. If you are doing things outdoors (like picknicking on the ground) and you don't want to accidentally "flash" your panties at someone, a skort will protect your modesty. They are also good to bowl in. In this photo, I am wearing a skort and pantyhose.

Annesah
07-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Yesterday my SO and I were going to the mall. Getting dressed she said I should wear her new denim shorts, I said sure. I decided to wear a pair of nude pantyhose with them. It was a big thrill for me to walk around all afternoon with my nylon clad legs showing for all to see. WOW

That's all very nice but pantyhose and shorts? OMG! I'm afraid the fashion police will have to embark on a killing spree!

GG Vanya
07-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Back in the 70's (for all to brief a time), "hot pants" became the fashion rage. They were very nicely tailored short shorts and were almost always worn with pantyhose and dressy heels. They were considered dressy and professional enough to even be worn by women in downtown offices. Maybe it will make a comeback some day..

Phoebe,

I think you may get your wish sooner than you think. I was shopping this week and saw shorts that are very tailored, with cuffs, made of a "tweed" like fabric.

I'm not sure they're what you have in mind, as they somehow reminded me of the loosely tailored shorts women wore I "think" after WWII?

In any case, they were very dressy.

Sarah Smile
07-20-2006, 10:36 PM
IMO, pantyhose make the legs look better, whatever else one wears. They're like make-up for the legs. I've worn them myself with shorts many times (in male mode) and hardly anyone ever notices.

So, I think if it matters to you what others think, don't wear them. They're rather out of fashion these days (especially on men ;)). Otherwise, wear what makes you feel good! :)

rachellenicole
07-20-2006, 11:13 PM
I prefer shorts without any hose. I will wear hose with a skirt or dress.

Rachelle:cute:

GG Vanya
07-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Have any of you tried that product called "spray on hose"? I've seen it advertised, but I've never used it.

A girl at work uses it, and she let me test it on my arm. It is great, and nope, it doesn't rub off.

Kelli Taylor
07-20-2006, 11:25 PM
What brand works the best , knowing there are various colors to choose from that can be worn and not really noticed unless you got really close and asked or felt for them. Although the latter is not a good idea. Because Leggs really show on me when worn. I've tried nude (too ashy), and suntan, which we all know is not a real suntan color. So, needing another brand!!! Until then, I've reached a point where my legs look great without them , but I like them too much to give them up!!!!!

xxxooo
kelli

cutechloe
07-20-2006, 11:26 PM
Just to point out that although shorts with hose is kinda rare here in the United States, over in China it is a really common sight. Most of the girls I saw made it look good too!!!

Mind you, loads of ladies over there still carry those charming little parasols as well to give shade from the sun. I don't think parasols have been in fashion in the US or Europe for quite some time!!!

Chloe.

Miss Vicki
07-21-2006, 04:11 AM
OK, From what I have been reading is that wearing pantyhose is out, (except for the rare occasion). Women are now wearing shorts without hose. These women are totally in fashion.
Well it seems to me that I have been crossdressing (in this fashion) for more years than I can remember. And the bad thing is that I didn't even realize I was doing it.

SherryLynn GG
07-21-2006, 08:44 AM
OK, From what I have been reading is that wearing pantyhose is out, (except for the rare occasion). Women are now wearing shorts without hose. These women are totally in fashion.
Well it seems to me that I have been crossdressing (in this fashion) for more years than I can remember. And the bad thing is that I didn't even realize I was doing it.

Personally I havent seen a woman wearing pantyhose with shorts since I was in elementary school and teachers wore those longer shorts with hose :)

Ive never worn hose with shorts, heck I havent had a pair of hose on for almost 2 years and I LIKE IT! To me pantyhose is the most uncomfortable piece of clothing EVER...Most of my GG friends agree 0.02

Krystenw
07-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Hey, I wear pantyhose under everything. I work inside and my legs don't see the light much. I have tried the self tanners and just turned orange. Besides that when you're as old as I am the support hose help a lot.

Sandra_muc
07-21-2006, 09:50 PM
In some special pantyhose boards, I can read, that trends are changing again to pantyhose, but doubt it. :(

GG Vanya
07-21-2006, 10:05 PM
<chuckle>

there was a time when the only time I *wasn't* wearing panty hose was when I had shorts on. Years of power suits, hose and heels on a daily basis somewhat "endeared" me to the damn things. I even wore them under jeans...a thought which makes me cringe now.

For reasons best kept between myself and my gynocologist, I was ordered to cease with the multiple layers of fabric in "close quarters". :o In his words: Gotta let that puppy breathe!

I can't even remember the last time I wore panty hose. For me, it's those gorgeous lace top thigh highs from VS! Nothing is more alluring, to me, than a slight bit of lace on crossed legs, peeking out from under a skirt. Of course, one shoe dangling teasingly from the toes of one foot doesn't hurt either. :D

Miss Vicki
07-22-2006, 03:19 AM
GG Vanya;
It is a good thing that you did not show a picture of your legs with the thigh-highs and lace. I would probably be on my way to VS to buy a pair. Now.

The outfit you described sounds perfect for an evening of fun.
Thank you for the hosiery lesson.

jjjjohanne
07-28-2006, 06:15 AM
If a guy wants to wear pantyhose openly as a guy, he has two choices, wear them with shorts, or wear them with a skirt. I doubt many guys are going to wear skirts as men, so the shorts are going to have to do!

Karren H
07-28-2006, 06:48 AM

If the hooters girls can wear them why can't you?? hehehe

Love Karren

Meag
07-28-2006, 07:27 AM
Ok, I have to wear support hose! If I don't my lower legs and feet will be hurtin' for certain. In the summer, it is just to hot to wear men's long pants over sheer thigh-hi's or pantyhose. I have been wearing hose and shorts for 4 years now, I figure, if I have to wear hose, I might as well be comfortable.
I have not had any bad comments yet, but I have had a number of good one from the GG's. I have been wearing hose for so long, I feel naked without them. I can be out in the sun all day and not have to worry about getting sun burnt, They make my old legs look a whole lot better, and feel a lot better. Now I think that if I didn't have wear them, I would anyway, and with shorts..my0.02

Meag

Stephenie S
07-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Dear Foxy Lady,

I'm sorry, but I gotta go with Tamara and Vanya on this one.

Pantyhose and shorts is a real fashion fauxpas. In the 70's we did hotpants and pantyhose, but even then it was considered a bit ****ty. Perhaps dress shorts in a longer length (to the knee) in a tweed or other tailored fabric and hose would work with a jacket for city day wear, but to the mall? IMHO never!

A good way to judge what is OK is to look around you. What are others wearing? Spend some time at the mall looking around you. Most of what you see will be pants, jeans, shorts, and simple tops. Shorts are worn with bare legs ALL the time. Shorts are a summer casual look, they don't dress up well at all. Wear them 'cause it's hot. When you wanna be hot, put on a skirt or dress.

OMG, I can't beleive I did all that preaching. (yes you can, Steph).

Lovies,
Stephenie

Brenda Locke
07-28-2006, 05:37 PM
For myself wearing hose with shorts would just defeats the reason for wearing shorts in the first place. Which is to be cooler and more comfortable when its really hot out there. While i love the feeling of hose,unless I'm wearing a buisness type outfit, in the summer i prefer a clean shaven smooth leg. I have had clean shaven legs for a couple of yrs now and have never yet had anyone say or question me about them.

LoL Brenda :heehee:

Maureen Henley
07-29-2006, 08:53 AM
When I was in high school band ('67-71) our majorettes wore a uniform that consisted of a Napoleonic era uniform tunic, complete with epaulets(sp.) and fancy buttons, and short shorts. During football season, all wore pantyhose. I fell in love with that look!
Of course, none of them were less than drop-dead gorgeous.

sandra-leigh
07-29-2006, 11:33 AM
To me pantyhose is the most uncomfortable piece of clothing EVER...Most of my GG friends agree

Interestingly, I usually find pantyhose or tights to be fairly comfortable, even though I often fall outside the official size chart by about 4" (or 40 pounds). Size "D" feels fine for me (6', 200 lbs) in most brands; in most cases where it doesn't, it's usually not even close. The occasional pair appears at first to fit but then starts doing The Ankle Creep. :(

About the only hose-related discomfort I've had lately was earlier this week. I'd wore black tights under a mid-length wollen skirt, both under my jeans (I couldn't leave work obviously en femme, and did not manage to find a place for a quick change.) Oh yes, it also happened to be one of the warmer and more humid days we've had this summer. So I did get a bit warm. If I had managed to get out of the jeans, I would have been fine.

OK, From what I have been reading is that wearing pantyhose is out, (except for the rare occasion).

Hereabouts, panythose are not particularily common for everyday wear, but they also are not rare enough to attract special attention (unless they've been chosen to be specially noticable by design or colour.)

But it is true that I do not recall seeing many instances of pantyhose and shorts.