PDA

View Full Version : The search for larger size fem clothing

Laura Kane
07-20-2006, 07:26 AM
I'm having difficulty finding nice looking fem clothing in large sizes. I've a barrel chest (45") that dictates what I can and cannot wear. I can't seem to find much in sizes above 1X and rarely is it something I'd like to waer when I do find larger sizes. The questions is where do the larger than I GGs that I see all the time buy there pretty stuff?

Kate Simmons
07-20-2006, 07:31 AM
Lane Bryant and Roaman's have a lot of nice stuff in larger sizes. I wear a size 16 or 16W but the same styles can be had by larger gals. Ericka

Jenna1561
07-20-2006, 08:00 AM
Hi Laura,

I generally wear size 22-24 and I shop at Lane Bryant and Avenue online. I also love Fashion Bug. There's one in my small town and I'm in there at least weekly to see what they've got on sale.

Besides those shops, I also of course buy at Wal Mart which seems to have a smaller and smaller selection of plus size clothes, Goody's and JC Penney's.

For shoes, I shop Payless, and I have fallen in love with Zappos.

Hope this helps.

Jenna

terrigurl
07-20-2006, 08:25 AM
Another store for full-size women is Catherine's. Another post stated that they have a non-discrimination policy, which means they don't mind helping CD's. I don't happen to like their fashions or their prices, but perhaps you might find something there. I wear a size 16, also, by the way.

Terri

SherryLynn GG
07-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug, Catherines, Romans, there are also stores called Cato Plus not sure where all they are though, I do know they have a website..ummm Torrid is a store for plus size, also ebay is a good place to find plus size clothing...not to mention if you do order online if you just google plus size clothing you'll get alot of links

Julogden
07-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Hi Laura,

As others have mentioned, Lane Bryant catalog and Roaman's are decent sources (I've been a customer of theirs for 28 years!), but for a bit better quality, I love http://www.silhouettes.com/ , which is, I believe, related to Spiegel's.

Spend some time doing a search for plus size women's clothing and you'll come up tons of places.

Have fun!:rose2:
Carol

sue ellan
07-20-2006, 11:33 AM
you might try chadwick and also jessica london. never have ordered any thing from them. but they both have nice looking dresses etc.

sue ellan

Phyliss
07-20-2006, 12:08 PM
If you're looking for clothing that's a bit trendy and sorta "edgy" then I recommend www.torrid.com They're in quite a few malls. The girls there have no problem with male customers. Most of them are in their early 20's and are quite accepting.

Olivia
07-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Just for the record; my wife and I have found Avenue to be quite a bit cheaper than Lane Bryant. You might want to look for one of their stores. Olivia

SherryLynn GG
07-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Oh and I forgot to mention...Lane Bryant has opened some outlet stores across the US, ive heard they are alot cheaper than the actual LB stores so you might wanna check that out too :)

DonnaT
07-20-2006, 02:32 PM
I've a 48" chest and wear size 24 tops or 3X.

All the above shops are good. Also Dress Barn for Women, and Talbots for Women. Even Hechts, Macy's and JC Penny.

http://www.torrid.com/default.asp?LS=0&

http://www.midnightvelvet.com/jump.jsp?itemID=0&itemType=HOME_PAGE

Joy Carter
07-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Try Googling " womens extended size clothes" I found a web sight that listed several tall and large ladies clothes web sights. Tell us what you do find we would be interested. :D

Jesse69
07-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Out of curiosity I'm always wondering if there are nice clothes for women size 16 +. Because I was once a size 16, and I hated the thought of going to Lane Bryant or Avenue for shopping. I only bought 1 size 16 outfit, and that was my last.

I made the decision to lose weight so I can join the Air Force. 65 lbs later after biking 5000 miles I now fit a size 4!

If you're large simply because of being overweight -- weight loss is awesome! My clothes selection just exploded ever since I started fitting into size 8 to 4 stuff. And there's so much on ebay and in thrift stores for clothes in this size range.

lostmyhubby GG
07-20-2006, 09:10 PM
Ebay can be great, unfortunatley i just bought some new clothes from a store online called www.holyclothing.com, and they have fabulous gothic,renasance,victorian looking clothing in sizes up to 5x....i have bought 2 georgous dresses and three tops,two skirts...but will be selling them myself as i am having gastric bypass surgery next Friday and they will no longer fit i think they are a 3-4x. But there are many ebay stores check it out.

Dee 1062
07-20-2006, 10:46 PM
Yard Sales...Goodwill....second hand stores:)