PDA

View Full Version : okay so this has been asked before...but here it is again...

typical_guy
07-20-2006, 07:06 PM
Okay, I know this has been asked before but I'd like to ask it again. I have VERY pale skin and VERY dark hair. After I shave very close you can still see the ends of the really dark hairs just under the skin. I apply a lot of makeup and you can still just see it. Should I be using darker makeup to hide it or should I just get my entire face waxed? It's pretty okay when it's dark out and dark in the club but there's no way I could pass in broad daylight with the hair somewhat visible under the makeup. The darkest part of it is around my mouth after all. Other than that I think I'm actually pretty darn good looking when dressed. I was at a drag show all dressed up and I looked better than most of the gurls doing the show! Not to sound aragant of course, that's just how I saw myself. So I'd like to try to pass in public and see if I can do it - I just need to get rid of this hair issue. Oh and of course the voice is a problem but maybe with some work I can fix that.

EricaCD
07-20-2006, 07:24 PM
With a good makeup consultant you MAY (no guarantees here) be able to find a shade of foundation that offsets the base tint of your facial hair. In other words, if your shadow is blue, you go with a contrasting tint. If the shadow is gray, a different tint. This can often make a significant difference!

Failing that, next step would be one of the heavier foundations like colortration. (A heavy dose of an ordinary foundation does not do the same thing!) Alternately, you might need a concealer (this is like a heavy foundation that goes under the regular foundation) for the parts of your face around the mouth. If none of that works, it may be time to consider waxing or laser.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Erica

typical_guy
07-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the quick advice! I actually went out and picked up some darker foundation. I plan on going to the club again tomorrow night so I won't be able to experiment much before that but I plan on getting my eyebrows waxed first. I'm not ready for the full face wax yet I don't think. In the dark it's usually pretty good anyway. I may, sometime this weekend, try to go to one of the makeup counters and see if I can get someone to help me with it. I'm still working up the nerve to try certain things although the more I do the more I realize that no one really seems to care. Every time I do something, it seems like it was a bigger deal to me than to everyone else. No one else even CARES it seems and to me it's this HUGE deal.