PDA

View Full Version : Traveling With Breast Forms

mskilmer
07-21-2006, 03:37 AM
I have to go on a business trip all next week and I want to pack my forms in my suitcase. I know several of you travel a lot and I'd really like any advice on how best to pack them. Anything I should be concerned about? My SO just flew out of town and when she opened her suitcase at her destination she found everything OK except for a completely shattered bottle of Opi top coat ... those bottles seem indestructible to me ... weird. Anyway ... I'm a little nervous about packing them and thought I ask.

Kristen Kelly
07-21-2006, 04:16 AM
I have always said they make wig cases to travel, why not travel cases for breast forms, Have thought about designing my own. (There goes the engineer in me). I have looked at many medical supply web sites and no luck. To pack them I have a soft sided small travel pouch, wrap them both in a hand towel and place them in the pouch and then in the center of my suitcase, my results have been very good. Traveling bringing Kristen's clothes as well as drab clothes is like a couple traveling, I now never complain to my GF why she packed so much after seeing what I pack when going away enfem.

Kate Simmons
07-21-2006, 05:48 AM
If I ever plan to stay over somewhere or travel, I pack my breast forms (the girls) into a side pouch in my bag. I put them inside my wig and then carefully put that in another bag. Seems to work. It's an alternative to putting them in the box they came in. Ericka

Deena
07-21-2006, 07:36 AM
Hi, The Breast Form Store has a travel bag designed for breast forms. For those who travel frequently it would be a great luggage addition. Otherwise, just wear them (tee-hee).

Hugs, Deena

Teresa Amina
07-21-2006, 07:46 AM
Anyone have Airport experience? Must be interesting if you get the random full search like I recieved in February. They dug through everything! Only had guy stuff then but it sure made me think that it wouldn't be a great experience if my forms were there:eek:

Karren H
07-21-2006, 08:10 AM
I travel a lot, both on comercial airlines and our corporate jet and have never had a problem with my forms. and I just throw them in the suitcase....no protection. I figure that they are so flexible that they can withstand any impacts vs something hard which will not. They do add some weight and with the amount of fem clothing I usually pack, I'm usually enge of going over the 50 pound weight limit....especially on the return flight, all that shopping!! hehehe My wife asked me about a $25 charge on one trip and I told her it was one of those airline surcharges.....surcharge on crossdressing!! :D

Also i don't carry my wigs in a case, I cut the ends out of a nylon and carefully slip the wig into the leg.....keeps them straight and easier to pack. Then when I get to my destination I take them out and brush and style the ones i plan to wear.

So don't worry about your forms, they should be fine.....unless one of the TSA guys sees them on the x-ray machine and thinks they are some sort of plastic explosive!!!!

Love Karren

Karren H
07-21-2006, 08:13 AM
Anyone have Airport experience? Must be interesting if you get the random full search like I recieved in February. They dug through everything! Only had guy stuff then but it sure made me think that it wouldn't be a great experience if my forms were there:eek:

I usually get picked out for random searchs a lot.....since I ticket last minute. Thats a red flag for TSA. So if you ticket far in advance you should be fine. I DON'T wear or carry and female clothing on me during the flight, I check everything through....

Love Karren

crispy
07-21-2006, 08:19 AM
wear them

Jenny Beth
07-21-2006, 08:31 AM
So don't worry about your forms, they should be fine.....unless one of the TSA guys sees them on the x-ray machine and thinks they are some sort of plastic explosive!!!!

Love Karren

Exploding boobs....:eek: Ouch!!!!

PaulaJeanette
07-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Whenever I travel, I pack my bags with both drabs and my feminine items. I just make sure the suitcase with my femme things contain non-descript drab items and also could appear to be a joint bag for a husband and wife. But the basic rule is to always try to separate myself from my bags and not be present when TSA goes thru it...which they have done. In addition, I use curbside check-in.

Enjoy your trip and opportunity to dress!

PaulaJeanette

Karren H
07-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Whenever I travel, I pack my bags with both drabs and my feminine items. I just make sure the suitcase with my femme things contain non-descript drab items and also could appear to be a joint bag for a husband and wife. But the basic rule is to always try to separate myself from my bags and not be present when TSA goes thru it...which they have done. In addition, I use curbside check-in.

Enjoy your trip and opportunity to dress!

PaulaJeanette

Great idea, Paula!! Funny too that as time goes by, I take less and less male things along! Last trip my suitcase was 100% female and I only took the male clothing I wore on the plane plus my mining gear!! :D

Love Karren

Kristen L
07-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Try the breastformstore they have a travel bag for breast forms. Both
Froms fit in one bag. It is somewhat padded and has worked very well for me even on International flights.

mskilmer
07-22-2006, 08:26 AM
Thank you all so much ... I feel a little easier now. You know, I actually DID think about wearing them, but I was afraid there'd be some homeland security type problem with that and I'd get in trouble somehow ...

Gotta pack tomorrow!