PDA

View Full Version : Past and Hereafter

Stephanie Miller
07-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Just read the post by HaleyPink. Got me to thinking ( :doh: I know, it just gets me in trouble), but in the large scheme of things with afterlife and all - good old earth has been here for a while and our personal existence is only a flash in the pan type timeframe. Why is it really that hard for us, (for those of us that believe in afterlife), to hold off on things that might effect others badly (like boobs, pierced ears etc.) if we're "moving on" to a better place eventualy anyway? ( Of course I've been checking out the sexy devil costumes too, just in case "better place" is closed :heehee: )
Maybe we get our choice of bodies later? Reincarnation anyone :D

Marla S
07-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Why is it really that hard for us, (for those of us that believe in afterlife), to hold off on things that might effect others badly (like boobs, pierced ears etc.) ...
IMO the wrong question.
CDing is a completely harmless deviation from the norms (who can be badly effected by pierced ears, and more important WHY ???).
The only one who is badly effected is the CDer, who has to face non justified resentments.
If we would wait for a better place for everything that's not optimal in our life, we probably would wait forever. Is this eternity ?
Afterlife is a promising thing, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't live and make our way now on this earth with all it's problems. IMO that's part of the meaning of life.

Wendy me
07-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Just read the post by HaleyPink. Got me to thinking ( :doh: I know, it just gets me in trouble), but in the large scheme of things with afterlife and all - good old earth has been here for a while and our personal existence is only a flash in the pan type timeframe. Why is it really that hard for us, (for those of us that believe in afterlife), to hold off on things that might effect others badly (like boobs, pierced ears etc.) if we're "moving on" to a better place eventualy anyway? ( Of course I've been checking out the sexy devil costumes too, just in case "better place" is closed :heehee: )
Maybe we get our choice of bodies later? Reincarnation anyone :D

ok the only thing i can see wrong with this is if we get to pick our gender why did we all come back as "HIMS"????

Barb Valentine
07-21-2006, 06:19 PM
ok the only thing i can see wrong with this is if we get to pick our gender why did we all come back as "HIMS"????
Maybe we all ready had enough of HERS in the past lifes

nishababe
07-21-2006, 06:23 PM
I believe in some sort of reincarnation and as i see it if you dont go any problems or emotions in life you learn nothing .

I would like to think that being transgendered ,c/d etc is a higher form of life in that it makes you a more liberal and tolerant person ,one who is in touch with the emotions of both sexes and also we seem to be a more intelligent and listening type ,so please dont think that we will be judged for being c/d in the next life as I think that mankinds rules do not hold in the next dimension !!

Love ''Nishababe'' xx

Teresa Amina
07-21-2006, 06:28 PM
if we get to pick our gender why did we all come back as "HIMS"????

Sorry, you didn't get to pick this time because last time you were a GG who said "I wish I were a man!" one time too many:D

Stephanie Miller
07-21-2006, 07:24 PM
Well Marla, "who can be badly effected by pierced ears, and more important WHY ???."
this was what I was getting at.
Like I said in the beginning.. If HaleyPink went for boobs etc., wouldn't she be doing her SO a disservice? Was this what the intention was at the time of wedding vows? If so, fine. If not, then is the hereafter that long of a wait - and will it be worth the wait? Or are we just trying to accomplish some "unfinished task" from a previous life, thereby dragging our baggage along for someone else to put up with? Is the humility and/or divorces that some CD'ers put family through not actually making thier family members "badly effected"?
To some, this wait IS eternity.

Wendy,
Like you - next time I'm going to read the fine print on the "reincarnation request slip" a little better.:mad:

tekla west
07-21-2006, 07:33 PM
I thought the wedding vows stuff went "for richer or poorer, for better or worse." Which, of course is why such things should not be entered into lightly.

As for the "what with the afterlife and all" is a rather casual acceptence as true of something that has not the least little shread of proof in any rational or scientific sense.

Stephanie Miller
07-21-2006, 09:56 PM
tekla,
As with everything we can always dig far enough to find something to validate our feelings or science, or dispute the same. (For ages they thought there was no evidence that it was possible for bee's to fly).
Gary E. R. Schwartz, PhD reported on his and fellow psychologist Linda Russek's increasingly scientific experiments to determine whether consciousness survives death. Schwartz (The Living Energy Universe), director of the Human Energy Systems Laboratory at the University of Arizona includes 90 pages of scientific reports to demonstrate the scientific foundation for Schwartz and Russek's work, as does their earlier book The Living Energy Universe (1999). To millions, Easter is not a Hallmark Card Company invention. From my understanding there were people that witnessed that afterlife. But this is another thread at another site...
I won't tackle the marriage comment. I only have 30 years of marrage to the same woman behind me. It's up to every couple that is married to interpret their vows. What really is better and what is worse?
thanks for the reply :winking:

(I just hope it got others thinking)

Marla S
07-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Well Marla, "who can be badly effected by pierced ears, and more important WHY ???."
this was what I was getting at.
Like I said in the beginning.. If HaleyPink went for boobs etc., wouldn't she be doing her SO a disservice? Was this what the intention was at the time of wedding vows? If so, fine. If not, then is the hereafter that long of a wait - and will it be worth the wait? Or are we just trying to accomplish some "unfinished task" from a previous life, thereby dragging our baggage along for someone else to put up with? Is the humility and/or divorces that some CD'ers put family through not actually making thier family members "badly effected"?
To some, this wait IS eternity.

I see your point, but because I don't think there is anything wrong with transgenderism (CD or TS), there has to be something wrong how it is handled (by the society and/or the TG) . The latter is an constructed cultural problem and not an biological or religious one. That's why it is so annoying.

Something different are the wedding vows.
IMO they are broken at the very moment when you say "Yes", and didn't tell your SO the truth before.
Other than that the vows are no one way street. According to them your spouse should at least respect your CDing and support you in a way that the both of you are able to live a dignified life (this might require compromises for the both of them). So a divorce is not necessarily the CDs fault and he might be even more badly effected, as he is rejected as a person and for finding the way to himself, whereas the others feel effected because of cultural constructs, but not as a person.
(You see, I refuse to blame any problem on CDing, there are worse things that happen in a relationship that are better covered by cultural agreements. I will do so as long as someone can give a justified reason what's wrong with pierced ears.)

This said, I admit that sometimes TGs seem to be very selfish. This is wrong one the one side, but sometimes might be necessary to survive.

Again it all comes down to be honest and respectfull towards each other (and to see both sides of the medal).

christine55
07-22-2006, 12:20 AM
Everyone posting to this thread is kind of thinking we need to be good, or at least more good than bad. Kind of like we will be weighed in scales at the end and if we were good enough, we're in.
Maybe this is preaching but if it is too bad. If anyone is interested about what it really does say in the Bible, whether you beleive it or not it says that NOBODY is good enough. When weighed in the scales we will all be found wanting. None of us are good enough to make it. That is why God sent his Son Jesus. Not to tell us how to be good enough but to suffer punishment in our place.
Hugs, Christine

Joy Carter
07-22-2006, 03:09 AM
If I understand you right then don't worry about the little things we do that are NOT against mans' or Gods laws. You will be judged for your soul not for your attire. I feel these concepts where laid down so we would have chooses in our behavior so we would live a life free of guilt. Peace and Love Joy C

Teresa Amina
07-22-2006, 07:40 AM
You will be judged for your soul not for your attire

Enough judging going on in this life; god/dess is more reasonable than Religion would have us believe. Dressing brings me closer to a true expression of my soul than that "other" appearance does.

Kate Simmons
07-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Something to do with our "soul contracts" Wendy. Ericka

avawho
07-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Well Girls... one thing to keep in mind is that there many religious beliefs out there, the whole range of the alphabet comes to mind, from Atheists all the way down to Zoratic beliefs... Now I'm not about to try to convert anybody or riddicule anyones personal convictions, but in at least three different religious dogma that I've read, we are supposed to have all been created in "gods" image... soooo... if "god" or what ever caretaker is supposed to look us lunatics on this "third rock from the sun", that entity would not hesitate to welcome each and everyone of us when we cross over...

All I can hope is that if I'm dumb enough to ever come back here that I can get it "right the next time"...

Cheers
Ava