PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question

susandrea
07-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Do you think you'd still want to crossdress if it meant you had to live like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Js6yO64No

Shelly Preston
07-22-2006, 10:57 AM
I don't know if I would stop dressing

But one thing is certain

No more Spaghetti

renee k
07-22-2006, 11:32 AM
I know I would not stop dressing, I really have to much black in my wardrobe. To consider wearing a burka (hope the spelling is correct). I hope you get my drift. And I usually don't order spaghetti when out for dinner, just too messy!

Huggs, Renee

Karren H
07-22-2006, 12:14 PM
I always wondered how sexy their lingerie was under those things??? Anyone know? I'd prpbably dress more since excpet for the eyes, no one can tell what gender you are....

Love Karren

Toyah
07-22-2006, 01:26 PM
The question is not eating spaghetti I hate the stuff so would probably die rather than eat it. Its that Burka if thats all there was, sorry but dressing as a guy has far more appeal

Wenda
07-22-2006, 02:09 PM
It's all about perspective. A colleague worked on a project in Sudan, and the husband was awarded a scholarship to obtain a Master's degree in Saskatchewan. He had been invited to their house for dinner several times, and the wife wore fairly western clothing at home. When my colleague asked her about her anticipation of living and dressing in western Canada, her reply was, "it will be challenging, but it is for the best for our family." He then realized that she didn't consider the Burkha something that was imposed, but rather something that gave her protection. Asking her to go to the market without her burkha would have been like asking his mother to go to town topless! All a matter of perspective.

Kate Simmons
07-22-2006, 03:04 PM
I would take the situation as it arose. To me crossdressing is not so much about the clothes as it is about me as a whole person. My mental disposition remains the same regardless. Ericka

Miranda33
07-22-2006, 03:22 PM
I can't believe that is how they make those poor women eat. I would at least wear some lingerie underneath it just for goodd mesure...

Lisa Maren
07-22-2006, 04:46 PM
Now, there's an interesting way of expanding my little, stifling, repressed closet. At least I wouldn't have to swap my skirt for my boy jeans to walk downstairs to get something to drink! lol

Those poor, repressed women, though. I do hope that will all change in time.

Hugs,
Lisa

Wendy me
07-22-2006, 05:13 PM
it would cut down on the need to shave.......

trannie T
07-23-2006, 03:09 AM
I look better in a burqa.

kay_jessica
07-23-2006, 03:31 AM
Sorry, to dissapoint you ladies, but the video is a sham. It's a setup to reinforce the wider miss understood preconceptions about Muslim women. Why is it a setup? Well if they are devote Muslims as portraid by their burquas then they would most certainly not be eating a) in a western resturant/cafe bar and b) they would not be eating food that can not be guaranteed to be non kosher, especially meat dishes (not that you can tell that its speg bol.) The burquas does not restrick eating in the way it is portraid in this video. The vail (the bit across the face hooks on to the gown on the side. It is permissible for Muslim women to unhook the vail when eating. So I afraid this is yey another synical attempt to further undermine and dehumanize Muslims in our society.

To the moderators - could this thread be moved from the mainstream as it is both offensive to Muslims and misleading

Joy Carter
07-23-2006, 07:45 AM
So I afraid this is yey another synical attempt to further undermine and dehumanize Muslims in our society.

To the moderators - could this thread be moved from the mainstream as it is both offensive to Muslims and misleading[/QUOTE]

The producers of this clip I'm sure were just having a laugh. I see nothing wrong about showing a bent side to any one's culture norms. But if you want to go further with this maybe they should show a Westener being beheaded by a Middle Eastern group who are just being who they are. "Dehumanize or Beheadize !"

Angie G
07-23-2006, 08:43 AM
Good point Karren:D