PDA

View Full Version : Where does Your Name Come From???

Melora
07-23-2006, 03:38 AM
I am Melora...
I Love Goth/DarkWave?Victorian Music..
I Love The Band "Rasputina" http://www.rasputina.com/ Their Lead Singer/Chelloist, is Mellora And I ADORE HER! She was the Chelloist for Nirvana's In-Utero Tour...
So.. Where does YOUR name originate????

SiSi
07-23-2006, 04:02 AM
I am Charlene.
That was what everyone called me in school.

Kate Simmons
07-23-2006, 04:11 AM
From myself, after many changes. Ericka

Phyliss
07-23-2006, 04:48 AM
To me it seemed to be just a natural extension of my first name, Philip.

maybeJan
07-23-2006, 06:33 AM
From Jan Morris (was James), author of 'Conundrum'. Not that I've any interest in a sex change....

Jan

Stormgirl
07-23-2006, 06:40 AM
Instead of Johnny Rotten,I replaced Johnny with Jenny.Was listening to the Sex Pistols one night and it just clicked in my head.

Tina Dixon
07-23-2006, 07:03 AM
Tina is close to my real name, a D is for Dixon the last name I was born with.

Annesah
07-23-2006, 07:10 AM
It's after Annie, my day care "mom", who tought me to have fun with who I am. She, like most GGs, was incredibly perceptive. She helped me with the "look" from age two to five. The rest took care of itself. That's it! Love and support. I cherish those years with her.

Francine
07-23-2006, 07:14 AM
my mother gave me my name.... really
I explained this in other message boards...but she once told me..if I had been a girl, she would of named me "Francine".

Francine

sandra-leigh
07-23-2006, 07:20 AM
So.. Where does YOUR name originate????

Just plain made it up. I let names float across my mind for a period, until I thought of one that sounded right.

(Afterwards, I realized that the first part of it was a nickname my sister had been called a small number of times by people -- not often, and not by family.)

The last name I've used a few times now is the "maiden name" of my 2nd cousin, whom get along famously with even though we don't meet very often. So it's spiritually my family last name anyhow :happy:

Joy Carter
07-23-2006, 07:28 AM
Joy is what I feel now that I have accepted my self and well Carter in my favorite Aunt and Uncle's last name.

Lynn
07-23-2006, 07:41 AM
From my ex-wife0.02

Billie Renee
07-23-2006, 08:02 AM
my name came from my mom who wanted me to be a girl when I was born

Jennifer in CO
07-23-2006, 08:16 AM
Named by my Aunt whom if she had had another girl her name was to be Jennifer. Since I was the "quazi-girl" for that summer, I got the name

Jenn

Deidra Cowen
07-23-2006, 08:18 AM
I stole my first name from a girl where I work. :p Its a bit unusual and I thought it sounded nice. Thats just about it. :tongueout

Shelly Preston
07-23-2006, 08:25 AM
From my wife after a discussion on what it should be

Charleen
07-23-2006, 08:34 AM
O.K. girls, ready for this one? From the 1986 Pontiac hearse I own. Most private hearse owners name thier cars, so I thought about it and came up with Lily. After all, we associate lilys with funerals, and also because of Lily Munster. I then realised how much I liked the name and here I am. Besides, it fits, it's like that was always supposed to be my name. Love and xxxx, Lily

Taffy
07-23-2006, 08:35 AM
From 20,001 Names for Baby. I made a list of names I liked and then reviewed the list several times a day, speaking each name out loud and crossing off the ones that didn't sound quite right. When the list got down to five, I went outside and shouted each name to see what it sounded like, once again, crossing off the "close, but no cigar" ones. That is how I came up with "Taffy".

I then needed an email host and discovered iName.com (now Mail.com) had signed up a whole bunch of domains including Cheerful.com, DogLover.com, Engineer.com, etc. Selecting Cheerful.com, with an email address of taffy@cheerful.com, made me Taffy Cheerful. I looooove my name and have been using it for all posts on the web for almost ten years.

Taffy

Ellen47
07-23-2006, 08:36 AM
Mine came from a lady at work that suspected i was differant than the rest of the guys at work and always treeted me as one of the girls.

Lesley
07-23-2006, 08:38 AM
I am lucky. My name is actually on my birth certificate. I just changed the spelling a little and added "ey" instead of "ie" because it looks more feminine. If I am out in public and must sign something official, I'll spell it the right way. No one really notices, anyway. Usually, when I sign things as a male, I use my middle name as well, but since it is a very masculine middle name, I simply use my first and last name only when I am en femme.

The funny thing is, growing up, I always hated my name. I've grown to love it since I've been dressing up. People tell me it really fits me! :heehee:

Carroll
07-23-2006, 08:41 AM
My wife gave me the name

Carroll

AndyM
07-23-2006, 08:46 AM
As I feel a man also when crossdressing, I have chosen my nickname in honor of the great German soccer player Andy (Andreas) Möller (born 1967, now retired), who played for my favourite team (Juventus Turin Football Club) from 1992 to 1994.

kymmieLorain
07-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Mine is accualy from a sales rep that we delt with at my former job. I just thought it was a neat spelling and is close to my real name.

Kymmie

NickyJane
07-23-2006, 12:02 PM
I guess mine is just an extension of my male name. Kind of a logical female parrallel!

Nick James becomes Nicky Jane

Nicky Jane

X X X

Tiffany 1953
07-23-2006, 12:17 PM
I was listening to the radio one night as I was searching to name the woman that was within and the song "Breakfast at Tiffany's" was playing. It was an instantly comfortable name. Sounded ultra-feminine and in no way masculin.

Prior names were Karen, Regina, Jennifer, Victoria. but none of them seemed to fit.

Isin't it great that we get to chose our names after careful concideration.

Hugs Tiffany

Lindsay Marie
07-23-2006, 12:21 PM
I stole mine from the first girl I dated seriously and I thought it was a simple yet pretty name. Nothing too elegant for a simple girl.

tekla west
07-23-2006, 12:30 PM
tekla katrina west

tekla from the only catholic saint to have both a male and a female st. tekla & and to honor the most pretty hippie girl I've ever known.

katrina - everyone called me Cat anyway, both male and female, so I picked Katrina to be the long version of Kat, which is pretty much my real name.

west - I'm in the West, I love the West, the west is the best, get here & we'll do the rest - also from one of my favorite academics, and I think I'm the illegitimate daughter of illicit union of James West and Artemus Gordon. (guess we know who the top was there eh?)

Melanie R
07-23-2006, 12:47 PM
My male name is Mel so it was easy for my wife to name me Melanie. Actually my mother was going to name me Melanie Ann if I had been born a female (actually I was born intersexed and was both).

Melanie Ann

CheriTV2006
07-23-2006, 01:44 PM
My name was inspired by Neil Diamond's "Cherry Cherry" song/lyrics, although it is spelled differently. That song always gives me a rush as Cheri too!

Karren H
07-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Well if you must know. Its my male name - W + K. Hutton is my mothers maiden name. Both simple and personal to me....

Love Karren

Ashley Helen
07-23-2006, 02:23 PM
My name comes from what I would have called a daughter, had I had one. I knew one Helen when I was younger (teens) and I thought she was gorgeous.

Helen xx

Paula G
07-23-2006, 02:40 PM
Paula is the feminine form of the male name usually associated with my real name. The "G" is for Graham, a name that I thought sounded well with Paula.

I recently asked my mother what I would have been named if I were born a girl. She told me that it would have been either Rachel or Deborah, but I can't see myself as having either of those names.

cute_michelle_cd
07-23-2006, 02:49 PM
well.................. i decided to use the female role of my name which was michael. sence my family was french i was called michelle when i was younger.

serinalynn
07-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Serina is from my paternal grand mother and Lynn came from an old high school friend who was a girl.

eleventhdr
07-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Simle because it is an old fashoined name like me kind of.

And the fact that this is how i feel like i am i am a Suzy type when i am a girl.

Jay Suzy!:

It is very far away from being Jay my male self and that's the way i would really like it to be.

panty-boy
07-23-2006, 09:02 PM
I don't really use my fem name, but when I'm asked about it, it's Silvia. I used to sell panties on eBay and my seller name was Silvia's Secret. So that became my name, kind of a double meaning.

I've been feeling as I start to use it more, that it's not a great fit for me. My mom was going to name me Anna Karinina after a book, maybe thats better...

Miss Petra
07-23-2006, 09:05 PM
Based on my real name Peter.

Roberta Lynn
07-23-2006, 11:48 PM
I guess my mother named me. Occasionally, to tease me, she would extend my male name to Roberta.

Neith.goddess
07-24-2006, 12:50 AM
My name is Naryest

It comes from a dream I had about A river goddess, and I just remembered the name...

I felt like the name was my feminen sides doing...

I too like Victorian styles!! I love gothic lolitas!

Khrystyinsd
07-24-2006, 06:41 PM
I just use the name I would have been given had I been born a girl. I have just taken liberty with the spelling. It's a pain to type but it look so pretty when writen out. Khrystyna Mychelle

NighttimeGirl
07-24-2006, 06:50 PM
my g/f named me Linda a long while ago, I used to look up to a woman character called Linda Block from sky one dream team, wow I wanted to be her so bad this seemed like the next best thing lol

Kenix
07-24-2006, 07:16 PM
I want a uncommon name and Kenix is perfect. I don't think many people even heard of it. :happy:

Phoebe Reece
07-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Phoebe Reece is a character that I have played (in amateur theater) in a series of plays written by David McGillivray and Walter Zerlin Jr. Phoebe Reece was a middle-aged woman who was the chairperson of the fictional Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen Guild Dramatic Society.

Dee 1062
07-24-2006, 08:03 PM
I think we did this one...
When I was young a girl, who I would have loved to looked liked....DeeDee
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34794

Eleanor
07-24-2006, 08:38 PM
When I met my wife she introduced me to certain aspects of the occult where I met through her certain intelligences through fire.I always try to be skeptical but soon found out these were very real and told me alot about anyone or anything and were 100% accurate.We delved into why I crossdressed and they told us that a time ago in a previous life in about 1920 e.v. in England I was a very attractive lady of the night named Eleanor hence my name.

AlysonCD
07-24-2006, 08:49 PM
I took Alyson after the actress Alyson Hannigan(Willow on Buffy) since I'd love to look like her

Audrey34
07-24-2006, 10:21 PM
One of my favorite comic book characters as a kid was Little Audrey. I always liked that name and it stuck with me. I had originally planned to name myself either Alice or Andrea (a variation of my birth name...Andre). But I kept thinking about the name Audrey and I finally chose that.
-Audrey

nishababe
07-25-2006, 01:25 PM
I have always liked the look of Indian ( India as of Asia ) women and love the spiritualality of asia and the orient .

I liked the name of ''Nisha'' which means in hindu .... Night.... also If I was so fortunate to be born as a girl ,I would want to be a cheeky ,sassy,Beautiful .............''Babe''...... so therefore ......NishaBabe''

Love ''NishaBabe'' xxx::heehee:

nishababe
07-25-2006, 01:28 PM
My Aviator is exactly as I would want Nishababe to look like :hugs:

Love Nishababe xxxx:love:

Mistybtm
07-25-2006, 02:08 PM
I have always liked the name Misty and i am a bi total bottom crossdresser so that is where my name came from
Mistybtm

Gunda
07-26-2006, 03:00 AM
"I liked the name of ''Nisha'' which means in hindu .... Night.... also If I was so fortunate to be born as a girl ,I would want to be a cheeky ,sassy,Beautiful .............''Babe''...... so therefore ......NishaBabe''

I once met a Nisha on the north-bound night train from Bombay (Mumbai) about four years ago. She was travelling with a younger sister and brother. We had a mixed English/Hindi conversation through an English-speaking women I was staying with at the time. Nice girl. Was studying economics in college and had been in Bombay staying with a Guru from her home region of Madhya Pradesh. She brought home to me how freindly many people are there and how interested they are to talk to foreigners - especially the young.

As for my own name - it is the feminine version of my male name - both of which are Swedish in origin. Gunda means: "Female Warrior". (I just realized how utterly hokey that sounds in translation:). Maybe time for a name change?)

Best,
Gunda

Lisa Golightly
07-26-2006, 04:00 AM
Lisa would have been my female birth name... Lisa Maria to be exact. Golightly was adopted from Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's... She reminds me of me... but I tend to end up outside in the pouring rain without the kiss *sigh*

Julogden
07-26-2006, 11:44 AM
My screen name, JulOgden, I short for Julie Ogden, one of Jimmy Olsen's drag names that he used in a story from a Jimmy Olsen comic book where he posed as a woman, (he seemed to do that quite a bit, hmmmm.....).

I took Carol as my feminine name because I've known several Carols, all of whom were very special girls/women, so I decided that I would use that for my name.

:hugs: Carol

Siobhan Marie
07-26-2006, 01:11 PM
I took the name Anna because I've known girls with the name Anna as I was growing up and liked the name. My username, Anna_H is because there are so many of us on here!

:hugs: Anna x

vbcdgrl
07-26-2006, 01:57 PM
From GGs I know and have known. I spell it differently from any of them, though.

Vikki

Olivia
07-26-2006, 02:32 PM
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34794 post number 8

pennyma
07-26-2006, 03:49 PM
my new wife named me penny she liked it was erin before I told her

NewbieCD
07-26-2006, 05:53 PM
My SO picked my name she told me what the meaning was i forgot LOL

Kathryn Philips
07-26-2006, 06:05 PM
My female surname is derived from my first name. Katie is a name that sounded right for how I feel. I spell it with 2 "T"s because Katie Philips was not available on yahoo.

mollytyler
07-26-2006, 06:08 PM
Took name from my favorite Aunt who knew of my issues early on, supported all my decisions and helped pave the way to understanding wiht my Mother.

Ranee Daze
07-26-2006, 07:20 PM
It's just a pun, just for fun. Although Ottawa is quite bilingual and there are alot of Ranee's around abouts. Thought of Dusty Rhodes for awhile but stuck with Ranee Daze.

Dee 1062
07-26-2006, 10:13 PM
I think this has been done????

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34794

crusadergirl
07-27-2006, 12:00 AM
This name comes from a comic me and a friend of mine created.It was the first superheroine we ever made up and i have used this name online for a couple of years now. Even though i wasn't a crossdresser at that time.

Stand up and fight Knights of the round table

Caitlintgsd
07-27-2006, 12:45 AM
From my ex-wife0.02

If I'd named myself after my ex, my name would be b#*ch. I chose my name as I don't know anyone with that name.

julie w
07-27-2006, 10:33 AM
from the most femmine girl I knew when I was a teenager ,I still think
about her even now ,

Stephenie S
07-27-2006, 03:18 PM
My parents named me.

I just feminized it. Easier for me and others.

Steph

Misty_cder
07-28-2006, 02:59 AM
My wife gave me my name. We have a friend who is into S&M and her name is "Miss V". My real name begins with "D", so my wife was saying "Miss D" out loud and it blended into Misty.

Bobbie cd
07-28-2006, 10:30 PM
Well, easily enough, mine is a diminutive form of my normal male name, and besides, one of my favorite sister-in-laws always used to call me "Bobbie" anyhow.

"Hmm, wonder if her intuition was just tuned in more than most peoples?":heehee:

Maureen Henley
07-29-2006, 08:33 AM
I picked Maureen because:
A) It is a popular name among Irish(-Americans)
B) Same 1st letter as Marty
C) I've always thought it as a very pretty name

Henley, because it was my birth surname (adopted at 2 1/2 yrs old)

janice55
07-29-2006, 09:23 AM
Mine comes from a girl who I wish I had her body and looks. As a male I wouldn't mine doing her and as my other side I wouldn't mind being her, Her name was Janice

Marika
07-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Saw a TV programme on two sisters Marika and Marievna. Loved both names so I adopted one for myself. Marika is the exotic me rather than the drab me. I think she is taking over slowly.

karen marie
07-29-2006, 10:24 AM
karen from my mom,marie from my grandmother.
hugs,karen.

kristiana
07-29-2006, 10:52 AM
I liked the name kristiana because everybody called me chris

also I liked (K C) ha ha:love:

52DDRenee
07-29-2006, 01:04 PM
My real middle is Renee (Parents wanted a girl, go figure), & the 52DD, is my dream measurement.

Barbara G
07-29-2006, 08:11 PM
I chose Barbara because it is the name of my beautiful step-sister, whose looks I admire.

The G is my last unisex initial.

melisa6
07-29-2006, 10:56 PM
my name is a mix of the 2 ggs i allways looked up to and had a crush on melissa and lisa

Janice Ashton
07-30-2006, 05:05 AM
For years I sat on the fence about being TV / CD and called myself Kim as I felt it a Male and Female name. Then a while back I decided to cross the line and Come Out with some of my friends and decided on a new name. A girlfriend (just friends) decided Louise for me and Ashton was the very first girl I had a crush on at school.
Louise x

Imogen_Mann
08-03-2006, 03:52 AM
I chose Caroline first, many years ago when I was 4 (true) and stuck with that for a long time, 19 years later in fact, I met my ex, a truly wondefull girl (still is, just sadly not in my bed now) and after I told her about Caroline, she was cool with it but asked me to change my name for her to Fiona (She had her reasons), which I stuck with for the duration of our 13 year relationship. When she left, Fiona left too. I reverted to Caroline for a while, but realised I have a name, I identify with it, everyone calls me by it and I answer to it... It's handy that with just a subtle change of spelling... Jayme was born, and with the name, a sudden huge boost of self confidence and self identity.

Thats how I got here.

XX

Jayme.

Scotty
08-03-2006, 07:56 AM
My name is in my signature - I was born with it!
All of my closest friends have always put the feminine extension on it, since it is a rather gender-neutral name.....

The Tcloset part is pretty obvious - I wasn't very creative :)

sophie1
08-03-2006, 08:16 AM
don't really know where it came from but it's a name i've always like. now whem i'm en femme thats who i am
Sophie
XXX

Daintre
08-03-2006, 08:34 AM
well my real name initials are JWY, so I took the first name Jennifer and middle name Wendy. This way it is easy to remember. Lately I find that I am much more comfortable with Jenni than the male name I have. :p

Vash
08-04-2006, 01:40 AM
Mine comes from a character on Star trek. I liked the character but really loved the name.

ArleneRaquel
08-04-2006, 02:37 AM
Katrina -Katrina vanden Heuvel-Editor "The Nation"-Left-liberal publication.
Maureen-Maureen O' Hara-Famous Irish-born Red Haired Actress.:love:

sue ellan
08-04-2006, 07:42 AM
i always thought that linda gray on dallas was a neat looking and a very sexy lady, so with my SO approvel my name is now sue ellan. just wish i could dress and look like her.giggle,giggle:love:
sue ellan