PDA

View Full Version : New Corset

JoannaDees
12-05-2004, 01:24 PM
Well, I picked up my custom corset from Dark Garden in SF yesterday. I finally tried it on this morning, and it works pretty well. A better waist, but still need hip padding I think just for the more femme figure. Might as well make the whole costume!

Anybody else use shaping type garments ... besides bras and forms of course since those are mamdatory ... yes I can sllep.

Wendy me
12-05-2004, 01:29 PM
what we won't do to be pretty ........enjoy i shure you look marvey......some thimes a little hard on our slefes

DonnaD
12-05-2004, 01:32 PM
I dunno lol, I am what they call in life a "carpenters dream"

Flat as a board with no curves lol..

I dont think I could emulate a womans shape if I had too, this is probably why i dont own any "actual" female clothes other than pantyhose lol

DonnaD...

Marlene4a
12-05-2004, 02:09 PM
Joanna:

Hey, that sounds great !.
As a matter of fact, that is one item I am hoping to aquire this year yet myself.
Going on the "net" looking for one I found can be quite challenging because of such a great spectrum of choice, quality, and yes...price.

Anyway Joanna, congrats on aquiring that sexy piece of equipment. You are one step ahead of me.

Katiegirl
12-05-2004, 02:38 PM
I too would like get a good corset but I think I will have wait until next year.

I have lost a lot of weight over the last few months and with the help of a girdle I have managed to get a 32" waist. The girdle I use has a very wide waistband so not only does it hold the waist in well but it does not roll down. I also wear a matching long line Bra which also has wide band. The two items give me a very feminine figure and are comfortable to wear, especially as I wear them all the time except at work and some social events.

Hope you enjoy your new corset Joanna

:)

DanaJ
12-05-2004, 02:46 PM
Frederick's has a nice 4-pad panty girdle, I use one to give me some hips and butt.

DanaJ

christine55
12-05-2004, 02:55 PM
Joanna, my corset broke am looking for another. Now I am using two waist cinchers, one arond my waist, another placed just under my bust. Works pretty well.
hugs, Christine

rusty 2004
12-05-2004, 02:58 PM
hi joanna,
It's a fantastic feeling isn't it? I love wearing my corsetts, and the shape that they create is so feminine. In the u.k a good basic corsett will cost between £80 -£100.00
I have a 31" waist but can get down to 27" in my black corsett, but only for about an hour. I am told that you train your body slowly over some months to acheive even smaller waists, but I think some people go to far!

Stormgirl
12-05-2004, 03:21 PM
Nice,I want to purchase on as well but I need to lose a heap of weight first.

JoannaDees
12-05-2004, 08:18 PM
You look fabulous Rusty. I don't quite look as good as you ... yet. I did have the corset made for losing a few pounds and still fit later. Even so, I did look better in my black, stretch mini-dress.

StephanieCD
12-05-2004, 08:26 PM
You got a Dark Garden! I'm SO jealous! can we see it? I bet it's lovely! And, Rusty, you gotta be careful with those pics... damn.

Felicity
12-06-2004, 12:23 AM
That sounds great... I visited Dark Garden a few years ago and had them measure me. Of all the corsets I've seen, their work was the most impressive to me.

Damn... I'm jealous! I’ve been wanting to buy a custom corset from them for some time. I really wish I did when I had the $$$$.

Out of curiosity, which one you get and how much it cost?

Felicity
12-06-2004, 12:53 AM
Cool... Three of us who quickly recognize Dark Garden!

One of my earliest threads started: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=20070

JoannaDees
12-06-2004, 10:03 AM
Cool... Three of us who quickly recognize Dark Garden!

One of my earliest threads started: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=20070

And this is exactly where I first heard of Dark Garden, so thanks Felicity. I looked at all the referenced sites, and decided since I'm so close to SF, I may as well drive up. Bad idea, it's SF and there is construction in that area and absolutely no parking. Now I take BART.

I originally planned to get the off the shelf type, but they were having a show someplace and had none, so I splurged and bought the custom made Underbust Edwardian as they said that was the best one for men. The cost was a lot, too much, enough to give buyers remorse for awhile ... $486, so thanks again Felicity. :eek:

Sharon
12-06-2004, 10:08 AM
I have a couple corsets that perform their duties wonderfully, but, unfortunately, they do better when a second person is able to bind me in. For me to do it alone, I can only tighten them up a little bit.

Felicity
12-06-2004, 12:23 PM
Glad to hear I posted a link that really helped someone. Thanx for the info. I think you will like a coustom fit far better than one off the shelf and made for the generic woman.

Felicity
12-06-2004, 12:26 PM
It took me a while, but I got to the point I can lace and tie them myself just fine. Practice makes perfect...

Tristen Cox
12-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Joanna, cool! Nothing like getting the shape right to match those long legs of yours :D Congradulations! you're gonna show me later right? ;)

Love
Tristen

Mary-Clarissa
12-06-2004, 03:20 PM
I have a couple corsets that perform their duties wonderfully, but, unfortunately, they do better when a second person is able to bind me in. For me to do it alone, I can only tighten them up a little bit.

That's the problem I have with my corset - no-one to bind me in, and my arms aren't octopus-like enough to be pulling from the right places! :( I have managed to get a very feminine figure in it, after much struggling, but I find it very unconfortable. Does it get any easier? And does anyone have any tips for how to bind one up properly alone - other than borrowing an octopus? ;)

Bonnie-OR
12-07-2004, 01:44 AM
Joanna, I'm sooo jealouse, I've been wanting one for eons. But at those prices my cincher will have to hold out for a while. Please do be carefull tho. I have an email friend that did drag for years and now runs a boutique. I asked her about them, and she said she has seen a lot of girls crack ribs wearing them improperly, too tight too soon, etc. I'm gonna have to check out the garden tho, and start saving. Maybe next Christmas. Huggs, Bonnie

evelyn
12-07-2004, 09:23 AM
Bonnie or, you have a dealer very near you in beaverton that will do a custom fitting for you. She charges $50.00 for the fitting but will deduct it from the price if you order a corset. She understands and is pretty cool. Try www.corsetconnection.com ,you may not need to go to SF. I got one from her and it is very good quality.
Evelyn

Alayna
12-08-2004, 12:59 AM
PICS PICS PICS!
I love Dark Garden - some of their stuff is a bit too fetishy for me, but they have some really elegant overbusts!

A really good way to cinch yourself in is to pull the loops enough to cross them in the back and bring them around front. Loop them to a door handle and keep pulling - that way you can use two hands instead of one to pull and one to hold. Just remember: Do it a little at a time and start by going from top-to-waist and then bottom to waist. Other-wise you can stretch it in the wrong ways. Also, with a new corset make sure not to cinch it too tight at first or the same might happen. It's like curing concrete: you don't just pour it and leave it. You have to spray water now and then to make it strong and less prone to cracks. Once it molds to your body...Well there's no way to describe it except that it feels unbelievable!