PDA

View Full Version : Honest opinion please

carolinebrookes
07-24-2006, 10:46 AM
Hi Girls,

I'd like your honest opinion on the outfit in the pics below. Just to fill you in a little, I have been invited to a civil ceremony this Friday for 2 friends of mine. They have requested that tg/tv/cd friends come "en Femme" as both of them shall also be "en femme" (Lucky girls!)

I bought this outfit at the weekend and with the heat set to continue plumped for something cool but classy. I also don't go out too often in daylight (no, I'm not a vampire!) So how does it look?
I would value your opinion on it. I have another outfit being held for me but it is red and is not so cool to wear as in heat.

Thanks

Caroline x

Charleen
07-24-2006, 10:50 AM
In a word- Lovely! Enjoy. Love and xxxx, Lily

Joy Carter
07-24-2006, 10:54 AM
You look great but I think you might be a tad warm.:hugs:

Bonnie D
07-24-2006, 10:57 AM
Hi Caroline,

I think your outfit looks great and you look great in it too. Your hair suits you and your makeup is wonderful. I like how your eyeshadow matches your outfit. My only concern is how the tie string under your breasts bunches up the material, it may be just the pics because in the third pic it doesn't bunch up your top and looks just fine.

Bonnie

Chelsea A
07-24-2006, 11:00 AM
omg! you look great

typical_guy
07-24-2006, 11:02 AM
I LOVE it! I think you should wear it!

Darlene Rochelle
07-24-2006, 11:03 AM
Looks awesome!! Go for it!!!0.02

Melissa A.
07-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Very nice. And appropriate for a wedding invite. But I also think ya might be a bit warm. Maybe you have a short sleeved top that would match the skirt. Very pretty, though.

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

Wendy me
07-24-2006, 11:07 AM
looks wonderful like was said you might get warm .... lovely just the same...........

typical_guy
07-24-2006, 11:07 AM
I'd like to see the shoes a little closer up and on the side view!

Tina Dixon
07-24-2006, 11:23 AM
The third picture looks fine and I don't know why, but go with that look.

Carlacd
07-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Everything looks good to me Caroline.

Karren H
07-24-2006, 11:47 AM
I love the outfit and the shoes..and the color but the long sleved top looks too fallish/winterish for this time of year! And I know....."WE" look better in long sleves but your going to fry girl!!

But have fun!! Why aren't you wearing a wench's outfit? You could go as one of General Hookers girls?? Hehe

Love Karren

paulaN
07-24-2006, 11:54 AM
shot sleeves would be in order. other than that it looks real good. you look real good. sounds like a great time. enjoy.

Phoebe Reece
07-24-2006, 12:31 PM
The outfit looks great Caroline. Very classy. I know the weather in Aberdeen can be cool sometimes even in the middle of summer (it was the one time I visited there about 10 years ago), so the long sleeves might be a good choice.

Ginagirl
07-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Hi Caroline,
I tend towards the fitting in not standing out side of the spectrum and I think your selection is tastefully put together. I also agree with Bonnie in that your sweater is not quite right. You have have tied with you chest hanging out. I would opt to have the sweater either completely open or closed were you cover your chest as a sweater should, but w/o the pull across the chest. If you want to wear it closed, then you may have to up the size to fit your chest and then have to waist altered to fit alittle more closely. I think then you can have an even more put together look. Most importantly, you look good, feel confident and enjoy the celebration.

Gina

carolinebrookes
07-24-2006, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence. You know how it can be that you are never sure about an outfit.

The long sleeved top will come off if it is warm. I should have shown the camisole underneath. It is thin enough to keep me cool with all the anticipated dancing!

Thanks once again girls and boys!

SherriePall
07-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Caroline -- The outfit looks lovely. You look lovely. Have a good time wearing it at the ceremony.

Laura Kane
07-24-2006, 03:02 PM
You look great and I'm sure you'll pass with flying colours. The only advice I have to offer is that you're breast are too high on your chest. Everything else about your look looks natural. Nreasts worn too high on the chest seem to be a classic mistake we all make -- only very young girls have breast high on their chest. Take a look at the women your age and I think you'll agree.

I've found that breasts too high on the chest are often the only clue because they look unnatural and draw attention. Try wearing a long line bra that will hold breast lower on your chest. That's my 0.02

WINDDANCERS
07-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Look's God To Me'' Go For It'''

carol anne
07-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Caroline, your outfit is fine. To yourself be true! If you like it then do it. And also have a wonderful time with your friends.:love: Carol

Carroll
07-24-2006, 04:13 PM
You look stunning!

Carroll

Stephenie S
07-24-2006, 04:20 PM
Dear Caroline,

I agree with almost all here, the outfit is very nice. With the hair and shoes, you paint quite a pretty picture. Blue seems to suit you quite well.

You definately do not need the crop top. It's one layer too much for hot weather and it does pull in on the fabric under your breasts.

You could probably losen your bra straps a bit. This would shorten the distance between your waist and your breasts. I read above that someone else mentioned this as well

You are going to have a lovely time and you will look just fine.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Bev06 GG
07-24-2006, 04:22 PM
You look great and I'm sure you'll pass with flying colours. The only advice I have to offer is that you're breast are too high on your chest. Everything else about your look looks natural. Nreasts worn too high on the chest seem to be a classic mistake we all make -- only very young girls have breast high on their chest. Take a look at the women your age and I think you'll agree.

I've found that breasts too high on the chest are often the only clue because they look unnatural and draw attention. Try wearing a long line bra that will hold breast lower on your chest. That's my 0.02
Caroline,
Laura is right. I couldn't put my finger on what just didn't work and thats it. The outfit is really gorgeous, hair fab, makeup perfect, shoes to die for (and legs come to think of it), but the boobs do need to be a tad lower.
You will knock em dead because youve obviously got good taste. Have a great time and let us know how you get on.
Take care
BEVxxxx

DonnaT
07-24-2006, 04:48 PM
You look great and I'm sure you'll pass with flying colours. The only advice I have to offer is that you're breast are too high on your chest.

I agree with Laura. The breasta should be even with a midpoint (or slightly lower) between armpit and elbow.

I also find, with me being a larger sized lady, that dropping the breast cup size down one size helps to top hang better at the waist.

Siobhan Marie
07-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Caroline, you look great hon, wish I had something that nice to wear out. I can only agree with the others about your boobs hon, they do need to be lower on the chest but other than that, you look great.

:hugs: Anna x

Lindahexi
07-24-2006, 05:51 PM
It's a very nice outfit, you look great hon, and you've answered the question about getting too warm; hope you have a great time.

Hugs,

Linda.

PinkVanessa07
07-25-2006, 01:28 AM
You look beautiful Caroline

Stephanie Kay
07-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Exquisite, my love!! Big IS beautiful!!:happy:

Jasmine Ellis
07-25-2006, 12:51 PM
wonderful, lovely, fantastic even. And you say you don't go out much, looking the way you do way ever not.

trannie T
07-25-2006, 06:59 PM
I wish that I could look that good.

cute_michelle_cd
07-25-2006, 07:07 PM
I like the whole outfit. it is cool and hip and would be fun to wear to a nice gathering of friends in love. injoy yourself and your friend

michelle

Shelly Preston
07-26-2006, 05:38 AM
It great you have such good friends asking girls to come en femme

I think you look great but most of all enjoy the day.

NighttimeGirl
07-26-2006, 05:40 AM
You look great but I think you might be a tad warm.:hugs:

Aberdeen warm?? I think not :heehee:

you look great have a wonderful time up there in bonnie Scotland :love:

carol ann
07-26-2006, 11:43 AM
I think you look great in it

connie
07-26-2006, 12:09 PM
I thank you look grate so go for it.

Ellie
07-26-2006, 02:12 PM
Looks good to me, very classy. :D

Melanie
07-28-2006, 01:24 AM
Caroline you picked a winner with that lovely coolblue number,you look very pretty,

cheers

Melanie(formerly Val.fembot)

:D

carolinebrookes
07-31-2006, 07:30 AM
I'd like to thank all the girls and boys for your honest opinions about my outfit for my friends ceremony on Friday.
In the end, I stuck with the outfit and made a couple of adjustments. I dropped my cup size to start with and loosened my bra straps a little. It had the desired effect on my boobs. The long sleeved top I wore didn't stay on too long, only during the ceremony. My camisole covered everything that needed to be!

I was very nervous about going out en femme during daylight time where I was in full view of everyone who wanted to look. I would say that I passed with flying colours though and really got into "playing the part" as the day went on. Quite a few other cd/tv/tg's were there too and evryone had a great time afterwards at the reception.
The only thing that I forgot was when the dancing started and I was asked up to dance, was that I tried to lead!!! My dancing partner laughed and so, for the first time ever, I took the female part in a dance!
It did feel strange, but exciting and nice too.

Now I have another outfit in my wardrobe that I shall wear on special occasions.
Thanks once again for all your advice and help on this.

Love

Caroline xxx

DonnaT
07-31-2006, 06:20 PM
That's great Caroline. Glad everthing went well. :clap:

Kaitlyn Michele
07-31-2006, 06:42 PM
Caroline..

you are a very put together lady

and i mean that in a nice way, everything goes together, and the fit of the outfit suits you

i love it

michele