PDA

View Full Version : CD, rich or poor--a quandry!

Shiny
07-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Well let's face it we're all CD's in here or some reasonable fascimilie. Here's the question though:

I hear and read all the time about "us folk" with our hobby and such and how we need this or that and every now and then I see the "Dallas" or "Dynasty" outfits on a few of the "girls" at their palatial digs as they swirl around their sunken living rooms. I guess what I am saying is that if you have to be a CD it must be far more fun to have plenty of credit cards and a frontage of 300 feet or more before you reach the street in front of your house/mansion.

I envision private dressmakers with private, champaign and strawberry fittings and then a 10,000 sq/ft house to test drive all that new chiffon finery! Just imagine!? Anyone have troubles with butlers?? Just wondering!

As Arthur Bach (Dudley Moore) said in "Arthur" when asked how it was to be totally rich he answered by saying that "...it doesn't suck!"

Just a thought--with wistful wishes for myself!

Shiny

tekla west
07-24-2006, 04:54 PM
me mum used to say ... oh wait I'm in Cali not England ... Dude, like my mom totally used to say "money can't buy happiness, but it sure can postpone unhappiness."

DonnaT
07-24-2006, 04:57 PM
One way to get what we can't afford is to find a thrift store near the more affluent neighborhoods. One can get some mighty fancy frocks for a song sometimes.

Wendy me
07-24-2006, 05:17 PM
what's rich ??? if you waite to be rich it might never happen and in sorta lucky way if it dose .... the better part of life just might have pased you bye,.............live life and enjoy retire early ..... work is way over rated...........

Marla S
07-24-2006, 05:49 PM
I guess what I am saying is that if you have to be a CD it must be far more fun to have plenty of credit cards and a frontage of 300 feet or more before you reach the street in front of your house/mansion.
1.) Yes, it is a bit more expensive to dress feminine.
(In drab I need suit for speciall occasions (enough for several years), two or three jeans, some shirts and t-shirts, and a new pair of shoes every year. That's affordable.)
2.) Most expensive is to get the "starter kit" together. Afterwards you just combine different things.
3.) You can spend a lot of money on collecting stamps.
4.) There are thrift stores, there is ebay, some sew clothes, you will always find something at the sales etc.

Deidra Cowen
07-24-2006, 08:15 PM
I used to have a huge house, big cars and all that crud when I was married and trying to keep up with 'The Jones.' as we say in the USA. Now I have a little place but I got my freedom to run around as a fem! No way I'd go back or worry about having all that stuff again or worry about all the debt.

Oh it would be fun to be rich but just a decent income and a nice place to live are all thats required. The one thing I see a lot of people I know do is weigh themselves down with debt playing the possession game. I have one friend that declared bankruptcy just a few years ago and he just again bought a big house with an adjustable morgage and bought one of those monster SUVs I think its a Tahoe or something. Anyway he has no disposable income whatso ever...but on the surface if you don't know the whole story it looks like he is rich!

Regardless I will say anyone that claims CDing can be cheap is kidding themselves. Wigs, makeup even just cloths from thirifts and the old navies of the world still add up.

You just have to budget yourself and buy smart and in the end you can have a pretty nice wardrobe going on.

Kristen Kelly
07-24-2006, 08:46 PM
what's rich ??? if you waite to be rich it might never happen and in sorta lucky way if it dose .... the better part of life just might have pased you bye,.............live life and enjoy retire early ..... work is way over rated...........
LOTTERY $1 and a Dream