PDA

View Full Version : High profile NZer comes out/crossdressing professional

Kiwi Primrose
07-24-2006, 09:05 PM
I wasn't sure how to attract everyone's attention so I'll try this way first.
Front page on the New Zealand capital's main daily paper refers to a well known, high profile lawyer coming out to further the cause of his clients.
Would love your comments.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3742766a10,00.html
Love from Kiwi Primrose

EricaCD
07-24-2006, 09:12 PM
That's pretty remarkable. Good for him/her. Though I hope Dr. Moodie will soon join this forum, as I believe we can make some constructive fashion suggestions. Ms. Alice deserves a better look!

Erica

Wenda
07-24-2006, 09:29 PM
Three cheers for Dr. Moodie. Four if he shaves his legs. God, how can you wear hose in public and not shave your legs?

tekla west
07-24-2006, 09:33 PM
One more for our side. Always like NZ, one of the few nations to ever stand up the bully side of the USA and tell us we can't park our ships there if they have atomic weapons on them. Any country where you can snow ski in the morning and surf in the afternoon must be pretty cool.

Calliope
07-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Cool! ... and it's not too late for one more Brando screen role, eh.

Charleen
07-24-2006, 10:14 PM
WOW! Holy 2 piece suit Batman! Lets get into our tights. We got a lawyer on our side! Liked what was said about why he/she is doing it. Gotta agree, the hairy legs gotta go. One for our side, and a high profile at that. Love and xxxx, Lily

Lawren
07-25-2006, 08:18 AM
I would love to hear how this story ends. It could be very interesting.

KimberlyS
07-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Kiwi, that is an excellent story and great publicity for the TG/CD community. And the picture in the story is a great example of a guy wearing feminine clothes but presenting a male in a decent manor.

So for those that say they can not pass. This guy is passing very well as a guy in femme clothes.

KimberlyS-CD

MsJanessa
07-25-2006, 11:04 AM
A wig and makeup would help him get in touch with his femme side even more--also he doesn't need to have an excuse to dress as far as I'm concerned---love the outfit---just right to wear to court

loki_uk
07-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Three cheers for Dr. Moodie. Four if he shaves his legs. God, how can you wear hose in public and not shave your legs?

Erm, perhaps his wife likes him to still have hairy legs, or is there some unwritten rule that says you can't wear womens clothes and have hairy legs

KimberlyS
07-25-2006, 12:03 PM
A wig and makeup would help him get in touch with his femme side even more

Ms Janessa, why is a wig and makeup needed to help him get more in touch with his femme side? For some of you a wig and makeup may be needed to complete femme look / image you need. For others of us we have no great need to present a female image but only wear feminine clothes while presenting our male selves to society. IMHO CDing is not an all or nothing deal. It is a spectrum from wearing one feminine clothing item on the male side, up to fully dressed CDer and back to the other side wearing one masculine clothing item on the female side. We are all CDers, why do we push others to do more just because that is where we are at???????????

KimberlyS - CD

Marla S
07-25-2006, 12:14 PM
Remarkable :thumbsup:

And this guy in dress looks really good :thumbsup:

Charleen
07-25-2006, 03:05 PM
The story just came across the news scroll I have when I am on-line! Gonna have to see what the reaction is here. Love and xxxx, Lily

Sarah Rabbit
07-25-2006, 04:01 PM
As long as it is not a publicity stunt..I have NO faith in Lawyers, Judges or any Judicial System..Too Corrupt and too Political..

Sarah R. :bunny:

susandrea
07-25-2006, 06:46 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2006/07/25/national/a072558D26.DTL

:thumbsup:

NighttimeGirl
07-25-2006, 06:49 PM
what a protest!!!, can we join in :hugs:

Bobbie4
07-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Welcome

Bobbie4:happy:

Lisa Maren
07-25-2006, 09:07 PM
I am impressed by this person! Kudos certainly go to him/her! Did I read it correctly that he is against male power/intimidation and that crossdressing/transgenderism isn't directly involved in the case (meaning, not being part of the facts or evidence)? I love that lawyer! I wish I had his courage; maybe Lisa would have been freed a long time ago!

This next part gets off topic, until the end, so please bear with. :)

Anyway, about fairness and control: I agree with him wholeheartedly so long as it's the particular corrupt men he's protesting and not men in general. There was a GG at my last job (young, in her thirties) who, I'm rather convinced, singlehandedly destroyed my career there. (This is a woman who'd tricked my former boss -- whom I really liked -- into saying things at a meeting with his superiors that got him fired; she was given his position!) I had the misfortune of having her first as a direct supervisor but then she effectively demoted me by making me report to a man who was my coworker. The first thing she had me do was present to our VP the possible downsides to her "brilliant new plan", meaning I was screwed either way. She was at the director level and had a lot of weight in talking to people at the end of each quarter/year about whether my position was valuable or more mundane (in terms of possible raises and things, etc and I believe she deliberately convinced them my position was mundane. Why else did my salary get capped under her reign of terror? Why else was every bit of influence I'd spent three years building up absolutely erased almost as soon as she got started? Why else was nothing ever the same not only after I'd been (deliberately by her) transferred out of her group while still having to maintain the same responsibilities but even after she left the company?

My point is this: I don't think it's necessarily fair to say that men are never fair or compassionate. In fact, I've heard many men talked about as being very fair. It's also definitely not true that women are never power hungry or brutally unfair. (It is a woman's wrath like which hell hath no fury, after all.)

I am making absolutely no accusations (not intending to, certainly). I'm only saying that we're all human and any group of humans, given the right (or wrong?) circumstances will run amok without something to balance things out (the military doesn't have much to balance things out). It's part of human imperfection.

Holy h#ll, did I just defend males? lol

I share the man's preference for the feminine, don't get me wrong. You all probably know by now that I love the feminine so much that I love dressing as a woman and may also want to be one. I also see plenty of injustice both in the case he's trying and elsewhere.

Again, as long as it's the callous corrupt cronies he's protesting, I entirely agree. (Don't get me wrong: I still can't stand male machismo. lol)

Great article, though, thanks so much for sharing!

Hugs,
Lisa