PDA

View Full Version : Facial Hair

PinkVanessa07
07-25-2006, 01:25 AM
I was wondering when late in the evening when the facial hair starts to show (at least it does for me) how do you cover it? Makeup?

Michelle Ellis
07-25-2006, 01:52 AM
interesting, I guess I'm fortunate that I don't have to shave my face everyday, more like once a week :p couldn't grow a beard in any amount of time, period. But I do like to shave everyday, just to be smooth, I just shave at night before I do any dressing. It grows back so slow I'm still clean shaven for work the next day :p

M

Kate Simmons
07-25-2006, 06:15 AM
Believe it or not, I have a heavy beard. I shave twice a day. When I'm going out as Ericka, I use a triple track razor, then use beard shadow cover before applying my foundation. Even then I'm only good for about 12 hours. If I decide to "stay over" somewhere, I have to pack my "Ericka" overnight bag which includes my shaving gear. I "hate" you gals with no facial hair (just kidding!). It's okay, it keeps me focused. "Sigh". Such is life I guess! Ericka

Calliope
07-25-2006, 06:31 AM
I have found Neutrogena 'healthy skin liquid makeup' covers and stays pretty well for me - sometimes a dash of baby powder over that - and I always keep a bottle in my purse.

Karren H
07-25-2006, 06:45 AM
Mine doesn't grow that fast so if I shave really close in the morning I'm good all day.....

Love Karren

Ginagirl
07-25-2006, 08:28 AM
Sorry Pinky,
I'm in the same boat. It seems that most of us have a cross to bare (don't know if that's the correct bare) while enfemme. Wheather it's weight, 5 O'Clock shadow, broad shoulders or unaccepting wifes. I don't feel comfortable applying alot of makeup to my face and hope to one day soon ask my wife if she would mine if I went for laser hair removal. I figure it might last awhile and maybe even thin it a bit. Goodluck with what ever you decide.

Sky
07-25-2006, 10:28 AM
I was wondering when late in the evening when the facial hair starts to show (at least it does for me) how do you cover it? Makeup?

I have dark beard and yes it grows sooo quick. But my morning makeup usually lasts till late evening. For me it's beard cover first, then creamy foundation, then setting powder, then pray it's not too warm outside. And I have foundation and setting powder in my bag if things go wrong.

Sharon
07-25-2006, 10:32 AM
I just have a few patches on my cheeks and lip that are apparent after several hours, so I just shave again and reapply the makeup.

DonnaT
07-25-2006, 10:42 AM
I use Aveeno Positively Smooth Shaving Gel
and
Aveeno Positively Smooth Moisturizing Lotion

These product have a hair growth retardant in them.

I can shave in the morning and barely have hair growth the next morning.

If you shaved at night, then you'd be prepared for makeup, and wouldn't need to shave until the next night.

Lately I've been using Olay Regenerist (http://www.olay.com/boutique/regenerist/) Daily Regenerating Serum instead of the Aveeno moisturizer, and it seems to do an even better job of retarding hair growth, although it is not advertised as such.

anna4ever
07-25-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm one of the lucky ones since I have very sparse facial hair. Plus it grows slowly, I only have to shave once a week. I'm unlucky in that I'm prone to get ingrown hairs. It doesn't matter whether I use a blade or electric, everytime I shave I get hair bumps. Does anyone else have this problem and how did you solve it? Does the trick for using hair conditioner for a shaving gel work on facial hair? I plan on having laser or electrolysis in the future but until then I'd appreciate any advice on how to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Anna

typical_guy
07-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Can a beard be waxed or would that mess up your face?

renee k
07-26-2006, 09:49 AM
Hi TG,

Hair can be waxed, but it has been my experience that you'll have ingrown hairs after awhile. I had a TG girlfriend that did it as well and it really messes up your skin. Not to mention the pain that goes along with waxing. So please don't think about doing that. Eyebrows are one thing, but don't wax the beard.

My advise if your really serious about removing facial hair is go the Laser or Electrolysis route. You'll really love the results.

Huggs, Renee

typical_guy
07-26-2006, 10:59 AM
The reason i think about waxing is so i can see it on a temp basis. I dont know much about laser. Is it expensive and permenant?

DonnaT
07-26-2006, 06:36 PM
The problem with facial (beard) hair and waxing is that the roots run very deep compared to the hair on your legs and arms.

Thus getting the hair out is a lot harder.