PDA

View Full Version : How do you hook a bra in the back

JenniferMint
07-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Stupid question, I know...

I bought a bra and breast forms today, but I don't know how to put them on very well!

I ended up hooking it first, then sliding it on and pulling the kinks out of it.

SherryLynn GG
07-25-2006, 07:37 PM
that is one way to put it on, or you can put your arms thru the straps and reach around back and fasten it....or you can put it around you can fasten it then pull the arm straps up over your shoulders....I guess its really depends on whatever is easiest for you

Janereed
07-25-2006, 07:40 PM
OK!

Not a silly question, its like learning as a kid, but they usually have someone to help!

There are two main methods, and variations on them.

1, Hold the bra up to your breasts the way it will go on, then spin the bra behind you, so it looks like you have it on back to front. Then do up the band. Make sure its under you breasts when you hook it. Then simply spin it around your body to the front, and put your arms through the straps.
This way is easiest for new bras or if your learning.

2, Once your more comfortable, you can try the advanced method. Place your arms though the straps, and pull the bra on to your chest. So the bra is on, but not done up at the band hooks. Now grab each tab of the band and invert them in front of you, and arrange them in your hand so they will line up.
Then take them behind you and using your skills hook the band up.

Hope this helps! maybe pics be better, perhaps we should dedicate this thread to putting on bras!

Cheers, Jane

older not wiser
07-25-2006, 07:46 PM
I spin my bra around so the cups face backwards, then I fasten the hook and eyes, then I spin it around again so the cups are in front and just under my breast, then I put one arm through the straps, then the other and pull upwards. I then adjust my breasts into the cups with my forms and lo and behold I have a nice chest!!!!

Love; BonnieAnne:GE:

Charleen
07-25-2006, 07:53 PM
I spin my bra around so the cups face backwards, then I fasten the hook and eyes, then I spin it around again so the cups are in front and just under my breast, then I put one arm through the straps, then the other and pull upwards. I then adjust my breasts into the cups with my forms and lo and behold I have a nice chest!!!!

That's the way I caught my Mom putting hers on, and the way my did also, so guess how I put mine on? Love and xxxx,Lily

Missy
07-25-2006, 07:55 PM
or you can hook the bra then pull it over your head and arms like a tight fitting top
seen my wife do this for fun:eek:

cute_michelle_cd
07-25-2006, 07:59 PM
i'm with the method of putting it on backwards then spinning it around your body and putting your arms thru the straps. i have watched my wife and before, my girlfriends do it that way. and it seems the easiest. i've have girlfriends from a-e so if it works for them so be it. it will work for me. and i just reach back and un clasp it when i take it off like i've done to all my girlfriends and wife.

michelle

vbcdgrl
07-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Keep practicing the "advanced" method(hooking in back). Takes a little concentration at first, but, in the long run, it's less cumbersome. I'll tell you what's a real chore for me, opening those little ring shaped spring loaded catches on jewelry, with long nails. Impossible! How do the GGs do it?

Vikki

Phyliss
07-25-2006, 08:19 PM
I use the "hook and spin" method to put it on and since I've been going to the chiropractor I can now undo it from the back.
At least I'm halfway there.

Jodi
07-25-2006, 08:25 PM
To hook it behind you, it takes practice, practice, practice. Remember, we just learned how to unhook them, not hook them.:tongueout

Jodi

Wendi_cd
07-25-2006, 08:29 PM
I hook mine in the back, then put my arm through the straps, pulling the cups up over the forms. Yes, takes practice to hook in the back, but I find it's actually easier, though I've known very few GG's who do it that way, most use the hook and spin method.

Lindahexi
07-25-2006, 08:29 PM
I've always put my arms through the straps, then with hands behind my back, fastend the hooks to the eyes.

Stephanie Kay
07-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Reaching behind to hook and unhook your bra helps maintain good range of motion and flexibility in your elbows and shoulders. A good thing for us more mature girls:D !!

connie rotten
07-25-2006, 08:41 PM
I use the long line and corset type alot.I hook and spin and keeping all the hooks hooked some times I need a lady in waiting to dress me.

Stephenie S
07-25-2006, 08:52 PM
Well, my wife uses the hook in front and then spin around to the back method. You have to spin in the right direction to avoid doubling the tab underneath. Works for her.

I hook it in back and then put my arms through the straps and pull it up. Works for me.

Instructions found on a "How to put on a bra" site state "Put yor arms through the straps, lean forward so your breasts fall naturally into the cups, fasten the hooks behind you, stand up and adjust the straps". I have no breasts to "fall natually into the cups" so I never even tried this method.

Women's arms are a bit more flexable than ours. It is much easier for them to reach behind thier back to do up a bra, or to zip up a zipper.

Bottom line is there is no "right" method for putting on a bra. What works for you is right for you. I can't imagine fastening it first and then trying to put it over my head and past my shoulders, though. What a lot of work! Whew!

Lovies,
Steph

trannie T
07-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Or- - -get one that fastens in the front.

lostmyhubby GG
07-25-2006, 08:57 PM
LOL LOL....if you have to ask then maybe ya shouldnt be wearing one.

Staci
07-25-2006, 08:59 PM
I always put it on and fasten it in the back. With practice I just got the feel of it.

EricaCD
07-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Another "put arms through and hook in the back" girl here. I have never had a problem reaching back to do the hooks - probably the only benefit my freakishly long arms!

Erica

Marla GG
07-25-2006, 09:41 PM
Ok, I have to admit I have never understood why CDs think it is somehow more feminine to hook your bra behind your back. Movies and tv?

Most (though not all) GGs hook in front and spin. I do. My mother did. My friends, when I was an adolescent, did. My girlfriends, when I was experimenting with my "lesbian phase," did. Maybe we don't have the long arms that you T-girls do, or maybe we are more concerned with practicality than looking elegant while we put our bras on.

Hugs,
Marla xx

Tina Dixon
07-25-2006, 09:46 PM
:heehee: It's a thrill for CD's to hook it on the back and I have no problem, all the GGs I have know they hook it in the front and spin.

Carlacd
07-25-2006, 10:30 PM
My girlfriends, when I was experimenting with my "lesbian phase," did.
Hugs,
Marla xx

Do tell us more Marla:D :evil:

Sorry i couldn't resist Marla.
For me it's hook and spin.

Karren H
07-25-2006, 10:35 PM
I put mine on like slip it on from the front and hook it with both arms behind me then slip in the breast forms....

Love Karren

KimberlyS
07-25-2006, 10:53 PM
Jennifer, the only stupid question is the one that is not asked. Through asking a question you should learn something. If you do not learn something,... well we will discuss that later. Just ask and learn.

I use the place bra on my body backwards, then hook in front then spin, pull up, put arms through straps. Then insert forms or enhancers. But in the past I used the put in arms and then hook in back method and still do for longline bras that are hard to spin.

KimberlyS

Dee 1062
07-25-2006, 11:36 PM
This might be fun to watch,I think I'll pour another cup of coffee and just watch:)

Caitlintgsd
07-26-2006, 01:05 AM
I hook it in back and then put my arms through the straps and pull it up. Works for me.

That's what I do as well.

judyk
07-26-2006, 05:38 AM
I just put the straps on lean forward, dangle, reach around back and hook then adjust.
I'v been doing at like this all my life, I tryed the hook in front and spin, what a pain.

Judyk

vet
07-26-2006, 06:13 AM
I usually leave my bras hooked (I wear the five hook or more bras) and then simply step into it - just like putting on pants! For the perfect shape I like to wear two or more bras.

Tina Dixon
07-26-2006, 06:19 AM
I usually leave my bras hooked (I wear the five hook or more bras) and then simply step into it - just like putting on pants! For the perfect shape I like to wear two or more bras.

Two or more bras:eek:

Courtneygurl
07-26-2006, 07:57 AM
I hook it in back. However, I prefer the front-close bras - very comfy.

Now that we're on this topic, I have a question about the "trick" to take off a bra without taking off your shirt. My SO does it this way. Very cool, but the technique eludes me.

sally Dickson
07-26-2006, 09:10 AM
Hiya I like to use the arms through straps and rear fixing method unless the band has three clips then it gets awkward. My wife uses the hook an spin method too.

carol ann
07-26-2006, 11:41 AM
|The answer is practise, practise and practise and soon it becomes instinctive. Now a tight girdle that is really difficult

Emma England
07-26-2006, 11:47 AM
The hook and spin method is what I regard as cheating.

All gg's that I have known have always fastened it by reaching behind her back.

Remember that gg's have had daily practice since about the age of 13 or so.

You just need to practise. If it doesnt catch properly, try again.

Caitlintgsd
07-26-2006, 12:10 PM
I hook it in back. However, I prefer the front-close bras - very comfy.

Now that we're on this topic, I have a question about the "trick" to take off a bra without taking off your shirt. My SO does it this way. Very cool, but the technique eludes me.

I've done that. You unclasp the bra, pull the strap out of the sleeve andpull it over your arm (so your arms not through the strap). Then you can either repeat it on the other side or else just pull the bra out through the sleeve.

Mia001
07-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Hi,

If it's one which fastens at the back the first thing to do is put it on back to front (cups at the back) and fasten it. Turn it round so the cups are at the front and then put your arms through the straps. Bingo! You're wearing a bra. When this is done slip the breast forms inside the cups, adjust for comfort and you're sorted.

Good luck,

Mark.

Siobhan Marie
07-26-2006, 12:44 PM

Thats exactly what I do, except I don't need breastforms at the mo!!

:hugs: Anna x

Toni
07-26-2006, 12:59 PM
I've always put my arms through the straps and fastened the hook and eyes at the back, but what I find a real pain is fastening the gusset on a corselet - five seconds to loosen, five minutes to re-fasten!

Carroll
07-26-2006, 01:16 PM
I have a hard time reaching to the back sometimes so it a hook and swing for me

Carroll

MelindaC
07-26-2006, 04:43 PM
OK!
2, Once your more comfortable, you can try the advanced method. Place your arms though the straps, and pull the bra on to your chest. So the bra is on, but not done up at the band hooks. Now grab each tab of the band and invert them in front of you, and arrange them in your hand so they will line up.
Then take them behind you and using your skills hook the band up.
Cheers, Jane

This is how I have always put my bra on. Been doing it this way I don't even think about it --- just do it and it's on in no time!

I think I may try the spin method, too, just in case my usual method, does not work right, for some unbeknownst reason.......

Melissa A.
07-26-2006, 05:28 PM
This might be fun to watch,I think I'll pour another cup of coffee and just watch:)

Get me a ticket, Dee!

Sweetie, you'll have it down in no time. Before ya know it, you'll be taking it off under your blouse and pulling it through your sleeve, just like the big girls do!

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

Lauren B
07-26-2006, 05:39 PM
The hook and spin method is what I regard as cheating.

All gg's that I have known have always fastened it by reaching behind her back.

Remember that gg's have had daily practice since about the age of 13 or so.

You just need to practise. If it doesnt catch properly, try again.

I guess my ex has been cheating all these years, then.

I don't get what makes reaching behind one's back "better". I have the flexibility of a board when it comes to reaching and stretching, and have fat clumsy fingers, too, so I just want to put the thing on. I guess I don't have the patience for elegance.

Kathryn Philips
07-26-2006, 05:39 PM
I mastered the feminine skill of fastening a bra using the "hook in the back method" many years ago. Why wife, on the other hand, uses the "hook back-to-front and slip around" method. But of course she does not know this...

... and I also know how to take off a bra without removing the blouse first. Its really easy!

Phoebe Reece
07-26-2006, 07:10 PM
For those of you interested in the "take off your bra without taking off your shirt" trick, watch the movie "Flashdance". Jennifer Beals does it in one scene. I learned the trick and demonstrated it to some friends when I was still wearing a costume after rehearsing for a play I was acting in. Those friends don't know about Phoebe, but I am sure they suspect something pretty strongly after that.

susiej
07-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Girls,

Unless I've had too much to drink, in which case I am inclined to take *off* my bra, not put it on :), I fasten it in back like most of our GG sisters do. It does take practice, and a certain amount of coordination, but it's a girl problem, and it takes a girl skill to master it. How could we not want to do that?

Hugs,
Susie

Bernadina
07-27-2006, 10:00 PM
For those of you interested in the "take off your bra without taking off your shirt" trick, watch the movie "Flashdance". Jennifer Beals does it in one scene. I learned the trick and demonstrated it to some friends when I was still wearing a costume after rehearsing for a play I was acting in. Those friends don't know about Phoebe, but I am sure they suspect something pretty strongly after that.

I showed my wife how I could take her bra off while she was still dressed. She was amazed that it could be done and that I knew how to do it. I learned the trick from a GG I dated for few months.

And oh, I always fasten my bra at the back just like all the GG's I've ever known.

shay
07-27-2006, 10:16 PM
hi i put my arms through the straps and then fasten the back but i dunno it works for me i guess what ever you feel comfortable with! <3

renee k
07-27-2006, 10:57 PM

Alright Phoebe, Am I going to have to go out and rent "Flashdance", or are you going to spill your guts and explain the mechanics of this trick! "Inquiring minds want to know".

Huggs, Renee

Mistress_Thorny
07-27-2006, 11:04 PM
Mom taught me hook and spin.. as was taught to her by her Mom...

Matty
07-27-2006, 11:05 PM
I do the hook spin while standing on my head and eating a banana !

Phoebe Reece
07-27-2006, 11:10 PM
Renee, Caitlin explained the removing the bra trick in Post # 34 in it's most basic way. It takes a little practice. The trickiest part is getting the bra to unhook by working it from outside the shirt (not necessary, but more impressive). That part of the trick is something I learned as a young man on a date with the bra on someone else....:happy: