PDA

View Full Version : HMMMM First time gooing out dressed.

Sarah Luv
07-25-2006, 11:07 PM
ok i have a problem. i am a crossdresser yes. but in my own time i love to lay around dressed. but now aftr looking at so many sites and seeing all those that do go out dressed i am at the point in the road where i want to personally try it. my problem is that i am too scared to. is there any out there that might have some tips for me to make it a good expierience??? all advice is welcome good or bad.:love:

tekla west
07-25-2006, 11:42 PM
Well, first off I would wear more clothes then you do in the avatar picture, but that's just me. Who knows what kind of interesting people you might meet dressed like that?

Second, just because others are doing it is no reason for you to do so. Only do it if you want to do it. Like my mom said "If everyone jumped off the cliff I suppose you would too?" "Darn tootin mom, don't want to be left out or anything."

Next, what do you WANT to do? Shop? Dine? Dance? Drink? Attend a concert? Go to a baseball game? (Avoid Tampa Bay, at .416 they are playing like girls and would no doubt suit you up). Find what you want to do and do it.

Its better - as are most things - if you have someone to go with.

Given all that, and the fact that my opinion is just that, an opinion - I would suggest that you:

Dress up
get in car
drive to Tampa

Eat someplace nice and then..... try

Blue Jeans Bar in St. Petersburg a nice casual place
Luna in St Pete, big dance club
Flirt does lots of TG events and would be open I would think.

Of course, if you want to go like your are dressed in that picture try the Sodom and Gomorrah Fetish Party in Tampa, I hear its swell.

But that's just me.

Sarah Luv
07-25-2006, 11:52 PM
that was the first pic that i ever took of myself dressed. i didnt know what to do but i know i didnt want to show my face cause in that pic i had no make up and no wig. i am wanting to go out cause i want to be adventurous. not because everyone else is doing it. but not knowing is the part that is scary.....:love:

tekla west
07-26-2006, 01:17 AM
well you have an itinerary now, a destination, what else?

noname
07-26-2006, 01:37 AM
Just make sure you dress at a level your comfortable with.

Joy Carter
07-26-2006, 02:31 AM
Blend it so your not too obvious. Sorry I know that Mini Mouse dress is cute but >>>>>>.

Marla GG
07-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Hi Sarah,

My hubby and I started going out about a year ago. And yes, I blame the forum. :p

A lot of girls seem to start with just a drive in the car, maybe with a stop to fuel up at a self-service station. Our first outing consisted of a drive and a short, nervous walk around a parking lot at night. :nailbiting: It seems funny to me now, but I remember what a big deal it was at the time.

You could also find a TG-friendly bar or club in your area and go there. It is not as scary for a newbie, going to a place where you know CDs are welcome.

If you do go out to a public place like a mall, make sure that you dress to blend in. Yes, you might have to wear "boring" clothes, but you will stand a much better chance of having a safe, uneventful experience.

I wish you a fun first outing! Come back and tell us how it went.

Hugs,
Marla xx

windycissy
07-26-2006, 10:25 AM
Sarah,

Before you take your act "on the road" you must be brutally honest with yourself as to whether you are able to present yourself as a convincing female. If you think the answer is yes, you might want to make your first outing to an outlet mall, where you can park your car and venture into a few shops and have an easy exit strategy if things don't go as expected. Late afternoon would be a good time to try it, not too crowded yet you won't be the only customer in the store....as Marla says, dress appropriately: for an outlet mall, capris and a T-shirt or a simple skirt and top, nothing too elaborate. Good luck, dear!

Windy

tekla west
07-26-2006, 11:28 AM
All the places I listed in tampa/st pete I got out of the Queer Tampa listings, I contacted them and those were thier suggestions for a range of places.

Don't worry about being convincing. That's silly. Worry about giving a postive presentation, that is enough.

Sarah Luv
07-28-2006, 11:43 AM
you all are being so helpful, i have thought about going for a drive, that would be in my own enviroment still and i think i would so much safer for the first time out. it will be a while till i go into a place where it is very public. but that is my goal.:love:

johnna
07-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Hi Sarah,

Relax and have F-U-N... I think that is the most important thing!! I am sure you will love it!!! Please let us know how it goes.

All the best...

Ranee Daze
07-28-2006, 02:51 PM
My first times out I was worried about getting recognized. But really, no one was able connect what they were seeing and meeting with my male ID.

You will get read, so accept it and move on with some fun.

Planning ahead is your key to success:

That means scouting out the mall of restaurant ahead of time and writing down an agenda. Plan where you are going to park. Fill the tank!! Don't drink too much coffee before you go out. Plan which washrooms you will use.
Work hard on your look, it will add confidence. Walk for awhile in the shoes you plan to wear before you find out they hurt after an hour on the mall floor.
Disguise your voice somehow. People may not recognise you in femme mode, but voices are a different matter altogether!

Relax and enjoy!

renee k
07-28-2006, 03:08 PM
My first time out was at a Crossroads anniversary dinner here in Ann Arbor, several years ago. There I was looking at the hotel room door, worrying about who might see me, once I left the safety of my room. Then came a knock at the door, well I had to open the door their stood two other girls from Crossroads, who took me by hand and led me down the corridor to elevator. Once I was out of the room I never looked back. That's all it took for me was that little shove.
Go out and enjoy yourself!

Huggs, Renee

NewbieCD
07-28-2006, 03:14 PM
I had my first time out and it was at a CD freindly club after words i went to a little store it helped to build some confidence and it was a blast but no one says you have to do what i did. Just a sugestion.

gwenrob43
07-29-2006, 01:34 AM
Hi Sarah,

My first time out was a shopping trip in the early evening, about 6:00, and I went to nearby Wally-World and bought several make-up items. I was in jeans, a nice long sleeve blouse, a light jacket, and a pair of 2" heels. I was shaking like a leaf. But no one paid any attention to me even though I was probably the tallest woman in the whole store. My heels made me 6 foot tall. After that I went to a restaurant and had dinner. There I had to speak! I had not practiced my femme voice very much and this petrified me. But I lived through it with no comments. I've been out several other times and am still scared, but I go! :straightface:

My Advice: Don't dress up too much, don't wear your 4" HEELS and your prettiest dress. Go in slacks or jeans. If you look around you'll find most ladies dressed that way. Scout where you're going to go, and do a little study of how the other women are dressed. Use that as your dressing guide. I went out the next time in a gorgeous pair of white slacks, red silky shell, red matching flats. I now consider myself overdressed, but I looked really good which gave me a lot of confidence. :happy:

:hugs:

Gwen

Lacey
07-29-2006, 02:26 AM
Hey, Girl. My first time was just going for a drive and getting gas. I left my debit cards and credit cards at home so I'd have to go in and pay. It was scary, but fun. It was just after night fall because I have get out of my building relatively unseen. I'm not saying it'll work for you but a car ride is kind of a good and safe start. Good luck, Lacey.