PDA

View Full Version : What's the trick with false eyelashes?

Stiletto
12-06-2004, 04:32 PM
I tried and tried and they wouldn't stick. what do I need to do? :confused:

Sharon
12-06-2004, 04:36 PM
I tried them several times years ago and I had the same problem, unless I was willing to make them a near permanent feature. I actually prefer a good mascara -- much more natural looking.

DanaJ
12-06-2004, 05:28 PM
I may be able to help you. First, take the eyelash off the holder, and take it and flex it a few times. Check the fit with no glue, see if it fits your eye properly. If not, you can trim off a little with scissors.

Next, very sparingly put a little glue on the eyelash, and let it dry until it is tacky, about 30 seconds or so. Then, very carefully put it on your eyelid, right above your own lash line, starting with the inside corner first. If necessary, you can use a toothpick or eyelash comb to help push it into the proper position.

Once you have it on, use you finger to hold it up a bit, to make sure it sweeps upward at the right curve and angle. It will feel very strange at first, but once the glue dries you may not even notice it.

Here is a trick I learned from one of my makeover girls - take a toothpick, and out a few dots of glue on your eyelid (almost like applying eyeliner), then put the eyelash to your eyelid. The reason this works better than the other way is because the eyelash will only stick where the glue is. The other way, the eyelash with the glue already on it has a tendency to stick everywhere you don't want it to, especially when first starting out.

Hope that helps...

DanaJ

paulaN
12-06-2004, 07:47 PM
Something I have learned is to never, never, try to put on false eye lashes after you have put on false nails. I found it almost imposable to handle them. For that mater false nails make a hole lot of seemingly easy things, hard to do. Like poping the top of a soda can.

DanaJ
12-06-2004, 07:51 PM
That's when you use tricks that GGs use - such as using a spoon to open a soda can (pry up the tab) or use a pencil to push telephone buttons. Remember - nails are jewels not tools :)

DanaJ

Tamara Croft
12-06-2004, 08:01 PM
Use a pair of tweezers to hold the lashes and use a cotton bud to push down the lash strip into place.

But it takes some practice even for us beauticians :p

wilma
12-06-2004, 11:42 PM
DanaJ, thanks for the tips. You sound very knowledgable and you look great. lol

Zadett
12-07-2004, 02:47 PM
Another tip is to lay a mirror flat side down on a table and look stright down at the mirror while putting on the eyelashes on your lid.

If lashes seem to droop over the outside of corner of your eyes. then rase the eyelashas above your eyelash line and fill the empty space area between your lash line and the new eyelashas with eye pencel

Natasha Anne
12-08-2004, 10:24 AM
It's one of those things that's easier to put on others. I did a makeup course and had no problem fitting them on the girl I had to practice on. Then came the self-application nightmare. I like the mirror on the table tip, I'm definitely going to try that!