PDA

View Full Version : Wanna take hubby out, any advice??

SherryLynn GG
07-26-2006, 10:09 PM
Ok so hubby has been wanting to go out as Paige, and not just a simple ride in the car like before but to a club

I actually was the first to suggest the club but I suggested we go on halloween or him go as a guy the first time, but since then we've decided that he'll just go as Paige the first time halloween or not

Ive already emailed the club and was told to come as who you are, everyone is welcome...I also checked out their website and from looking at pics in the club there may be other CDs there MtoF & FtoM

I think though we're both kinda nervous because this will be his first time out in public, well i should say out in public and not just sitting in the car.....For those of you that go out is there anything you did before the first time to prepare yourself?? I dont think there is much that we can do to prepare, I just want him to go and have fun

We're not worried about seeing anyone we know or anything like that..Im just afraid that we'll get there and he'll be too nervous to go in

Ive suggested that he wear jeans and comfy shoes at least the first time so that he'll fit in with me and my friend that is going with him....then he can check out the place and maybe dress differently the next time

I also dont want him to get made fun of or anything like that, which judging from the club I dont see that happening...

Sorry im just rambling on here lol I guess im just looking for someone to tell me that its gonna be ok and that we'll have fun and also any advice on going out for the first time is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance :)

Butterfly Bill
07-26-2006, 10:15 PM
He will be very fortunate to have someone by his side, that is much better than having to do it all by your lonesome. If you act like there is something wrong, others will start to act like there something wrong too. If you act like it is normal, others will act like it's normal too. Don't try to explain or apologize to anybody. Just do it.

ashlee chiffon
07-26-2006, 10:18 PM
sounds like the outing is going to be FUN! My only recommendation is that he wear a nice skirt and blouse or dress rather then jeans...it will greatly enhance the experience for him! Part of the fun is movement in the clothes and all that stuff that goes with wearing the clothes...and maybe bringing some comfy shoes to wear when the heels start to hurt...
but other then that...great FUn!!!
way to go!

Calliope
07-26-2006, 10:33 PM
How about a nice glass of white wine before leaving the house? (And, yes, skip the jeans, go with a proper outfit, your hubby will regret doing otherwise instantly upon arrival.) you'll both have a rollicking merry time!

SherryLynn GG
07-26-2006, 10:38 PM
How about a nice glass of white wine before leaving the house? (And, yes, skip the jeans, go with a proper outfit, your hubby will regret doing otherwise instantly upon arrival.) you'll both have a rollicking merry time!

Well he actually wore jeans the other night when he dressed up and said he might wear that outfit when we go to the club

I think jeans are a proper outfit when you wear the right shirt with em :D

Barb Valentine
07-26-2006, 10:40 PM
My 0.02
The both of you go and check out the club first
and a few, if you both feel comfortable then she can go and change and come back in

SherryLynn GG
07-26-2006, 10:42 PM
My 0.02
The both of you go and check out the club first
and a few, if you both feel comfortable then she can go and change and come back in

That is great advice other than the fact that we live almost an hour from the club and it takes her about an hour to do makeup and hair...such a girl I swear lol

sportschick
07-26-2006, 10:43 PM
Crossdressers advising a GG on women's clothing..too good lol.

Jenny Beth
07-26-2006, 11:15 PM
I say jump in with both feet. If this club is TG friendly then you have nothing to worry about other than deciding on what to wear to make your evening one to remember. Good luck!

Wenda
07-26-2006, 11:22 PM
Paige is SO fortunate! With her partner beside her, how can she not enjoy the experience? Go Girls!!

Holly
07-26-2006, 11:24 PM
SherryLynn, you're quite a lady... Paige is a very lucky gurl to have you in her life. Okay, if Paige is happy in jeans and a cute top, then go for it! As far as preparation before hand, I think the best both of you can do is keep reaffirming that this is a part of who Paige is, and she has every right to explore this part of herself. Maintaining a positive attitude and expecting to have a good time will work wonders. From what you have said, the club you are going to sounds welcome and inviting, so ENJOY! Oh yeah, and don't forget the camera. You'll want to have pictures to recall this event (and we'd love to share in them as well, if yo're so inclined). In any case, please let us know how it goes!

Phoebe Reece
07-26-2006, 11:28 PM
Sherry Lynn,

When you head off to the club, try to forget for a while that you are wife and crossdressing husband. Try to think of yourselves as just a couple of girlfriends on a fun night out. Just be yourselves when you get there. You will likely meet friendly people and have a great time. And have Paige wear whatever the two of you feel comfortable with. Once the two of you are comfortable with going out, Paige can always dress it up a bit more on future outings.

GINA-CD
07-26-2006, 11:40 PM
wow, just so glad this is happening to Paige. Wish I had the same problem... let's see... what should I wear to go dressed to a club with my girlfriend, that in this case is my supporting wife? hell of a problem, right? LOL

Girls, have fun and my only advise would be... don't drink too much so you don't forget a single minute of the wonderful experience you are about to share.

tekla west
07-27-2006, 01:18 AM
have hubby go dressed or he will regret it, perhaps wear jeans, but if ya like it have a skirt to change into. But ya know, what ever is comfortable, what ever makes him feel good. I wear jeans for work, not much else.

have a plan B, (in fact, no matter what, you should always have a plan B). What if its boring people night at the club? Also, look for some all night / late night eats place, many are accepting, they have to be with the hours that CDs keep. That might make a nice ending to the night.

KrazyKat
07-27-2006, 01:41 AM
Awesome, Sherrylynn, sounds like a night to remember, I know GK and I's first night out was!!
Well, sounds like a bottle of Champagne is in order, for the getting ready, it's the most fun we have, and usually take longer than we should, lol!! I guess it's half the fun, for us, anyway!!
Most CD/TG/alternative lifestyle friendly bars these days have only unisex bathrooms, but only allow one person in bathroom at a time, as per sign postings. That's the way it is in Chicago, anyway. Just for reference. Is this a crowded club? Be sure to each take cell phones and have them turned on, or it noisy set to vibrate, in case you get seperated, or you feel lost or something. Just something GK and I do, for a noisy dance club.
Otherwise, just laugh and have fun. These bars are friendly and usually fun, but just being out together will be fun. You'll probably meet some great people, depending on how friendly your area is.:happy:
Have a wonderful time!!

Kat

Lila GG
07-27-2006, 02:11 AM
Congratulations on taking this step! No advice from me I'm afraid, have never gone out with my husband en femme yet, just wanted to wish you all the best and ask you to let us know how it goes... I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time once you're inside the club. Did someone suggest a glass of wine?

Lila

Joy Carter
07-27-2006, 02:25 AM
Hi guys glad your getting out I'm sure it will be great fun. I'm overly cautious I guess but unless you know for sure the place is TG friendly and you go on the TG night (some bars have only set days) then I would go in drab first to check the place out. I'd hate to walk into a place and find out it's biker night "WHOOPS" ! And SherryLynn you are one special lady !:D

CDsWifey GG
07-27-2006, 03:15 AM
I was worried my hubby would be too scared/nervous too but he was so excited he loosened right up :D we are already planning our next trip. I think the biggest problem we had the whole night was we ate white castles had a few tequila sunrises and then decided to dance like wild ppl and that is just a bad combo we danced till we were sick :heehee: but we had a blast.. oh yeah and definitely wear comfy shoes the poor thing was nearly crippled by the end of the long evening crammed into some of my heels I couldn't talk him out of :rolleyes: Be sure to take lots of pictures and tell us how it goes. :happy:

NewbieCD
07-27-2006, 03:21 AM
All I can say is have fun with it relax and go to town Brandy loved every minute of it. The accepting club was the best Wifey has plans of a mall think i am gonna use the club to get a little more comfortable but if you are ever in Kentucky let us know we can take you to a pretty good club. LOL Yes i will admit the shoes were bad but oh well it was worth it. They were these really cute open toe platforms with a denim top gotta love them.

CDsWifey GG
07-27-2006, 03:25 AM
They were these really cute open toe platforms with a denim top gotta love them.
BTW Brandy I only got one of those back so far...FIND MY SHOE!!!:Angry3:

DonnaT
07-27-2006, 08:39 AM
Might I ask which club Sherry?

I've been to two in Richmond. The better one of the two is Fieldens (http://www.fieldensva.com). The first Friday (http://www.fieldensva.com/fldsTGIIFF/TGIIFF.html) of each month is especially for us ladies.

A friend in another forum has been there as well, and got me to go. She's been to a club in Charlottesville as well, but didn't find it to be as good as Fieldens. But she's only been there once, and it may have been a off day.

SherryLynn GG
07-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Might I ask which club Sherry?

I've been to two in Richmond. The better one of the two is Fieldens (http://www.fieldensva.com). The first Friday (http://www.fieldensva.com/fldsTGIIFF/TGIIFF.html) of each month is especially for us ladies.

A friend in another forum has been there as well, and got me to go. She's been to a club in Charlottesville as well, but didn't find it to be as good as Fieldens. But she's only been there once, and it may have been a off day.

Its actually in TN, we're pretty far from Richmond :) Its a place called new beginnings, ive actually been there before but it was a few years ago before I even met hubby......I had lots of fun

here is the site if anybody wants to check it out.. www.newb.com They actually have pics on the site from the club and ive been going thru them trying to pick out CDs so itd make him feel more comfy :)

One thing I enjoyed when I went was the drag queen show, maybe that was a sign that I would accept a CD LOL

kittypw GG
07-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Sherrylynn,
You just have to get out of the car and go in like you belong there because you do. So what if you get made fun of you can't control that. You can choose to let it bother you or ignore it. Go and act like you are the only two in the room. Dance, play pool and have fun. My hubby and I have been out a few times and that is what we did. Once he got cold feet and stayed in the car. I was all dressed up and looking fine so I went in, had a drink and enjoyed the music. He sulked in the car. I think that will be the last time he sulks in the car by the way. Just because he can't get up the courage doesn't mean that it has to spoil your night. Go have fun. Kitty

tekla west
07-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Well hell's belle girl, why didn't you just say they had one of the top three best burgers in Johnson City according to the Johnson City Press Chronicle. That alone would get me out. Looks like a nice club, you should have a gas. And, other then getting over yourself, it don't look like a bad place to have to be in. No one I saw in any of those pix of the club parties is going to judge you at all.

Just be yourself, that should work

CDsWifey GG
07-27-2006, 11:42 AM
wow! looks like a blast! me and Brandy might have to check that out too:D

DonnaT
07-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Thanks Sherry.

Quite aways away from No. Virginia :)

Next time I spend time in Roanoke, I'll have to remember it.