PDA

View Full Version : i need help with clothing sizing

shay
07-26-2006, 10:39 PM
i need help with clothing sizes, makeup, shoe sizes and any other useful info thanks a bunch!!!

i am a size 28 pants in mens
size 10 in shoes
wear medium shirts

Jennaie
07-26-2006, 10:45 PM
http://www.85b.org/dress_calc.php

SherryLynn GG
07-26-2006, 10:45 PM
What kinda help?? Do you need to know what size you wear or what?? I think people will need a little more info to help ya :)

Melissa A.
07-26-2006, 11:02 PM
Hi Shay,

Well, at least you don't want to know much.:eek: If I were you, I'd get organized and not try to do too much at once. Type in some key words on search engines, like the ones in your post, just add crossdresser, or transgendered to them. (or don't, sometimes products for ggs are just fine). The rule of thumb for women's shoe sizes is add 1 1/2 to 2 sizes. (if you wear a 9, you want a women's 10 1/2 or 11). There are lots of makeup guides for cds out there. Again, do a search. Or you can do what us oldsters did before all this help was at our fingertips and experiment(and go through alot of time and money) A few well placed keywords will give ya alot of info. As far as clothes are concerned, forget the computer and just go SHOP! it's fun. There's a reason girls love to do it.
I'm sure you'll get more advice that's better than mine. Welcome, Shay, and have fun.

Oh, and join the beauty club section here! A must!

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

Karren H
07-26-2006, 11:07 PM
i need help with clothing sizes, makeup, shoe sizes and any other useful info thanks a bunch!!!

size 10 in shoes
wear medium shirts

Well I'm a 31 pants and a 10 dress and a 9.5 male shoe and a 10-11 female shoe. I'm 5 ft 9 and 170 pounds so if your close and depending on your height and based on averages your probably a size 8 dress and a size 11 female shoe.

Just go to a department store that doesn't have attended dressing rooms and try some things on! Use the mens dressing room and take a few or a lot of female things with you!! Nobody really cares!!

Love Karren

Scotty
07-26-2006, 11:10 PM

size 10 in shoes
wear medium shirts

Roughly guessing -
Size 10 Womens pants
Size 11 womens shoes
And medium shirts in Womens.

I'm 32 at the waste and wear and 11/12

shay
07-26-2006, 11:20 PM
well i am like 135 soaking wet 5'10 and a wear a size 28 but that sits low around the hips i bought a size 8 but they were to big i want a pair of jeans that fit really tight in the croutch butt and thighs

Charleen
07-27-2006, 06:08 AM
Like Melissa said, go on line. There are many sites that have male to female conversion charts. Then like Karren said, do a little trying on keeping in mind that regardless of who they are made for, clothing varys in size in the same size. as my Mom drilled into me, try everything on. Go enjoy yourself girl. Love and xxxx, Lily

Karren H
07-27-2006, 06:56 AM
well i am like 135 soaking wet 5'10 and a wear a size 28 but that sits low around the hips i bought a size 8 but they were to big i want a pair of jeans that fit really tight in the croutch butt and thighs

Ohhh. You want fem jeans? Just drag your skinny ass (I hate you BTW :D ) down to any store and try a pair on!! I don't even consider that crossdressing. Hehehe. Just a different style and cut of maleish clothing.

Now if you want to try on a prom dress......... that's a little better in my opinion. :D

Love Karren

Stephenie S
07-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Yeah Shay,

As Karren said, with a 28 inch waist and at 135 lbs, I don't think you are going to get a lot of sympathy around here. (grin)

Seriously, just try them on. I started with a size 14 and found I was size 10. Maybe an 8. Just try them on. A BIG problem (for me) is that I have NO butt or hips so there is nothing to hold them up. When they fit my butt, the waist is too big and I need a belt (which I don't like wearing). Women's jeans ARE shaped differently. I just love 'em though. And the're softer!

lovies,
Stephenie

Miss_D
07-27-2006, 11:51 AM
Hi, try going to the mall where there is a JC Pennys and pick up one of their catalogs. Since they have mens clothing in them as well, nobody will think twice about a 'guy' buying a catalog.

In the catalog you should find a sizing chart. Simply take your measurements and compare it with the womens sizes and you should have your femm size

my 2 cents...... Miss_D0.02

Ashley in Virginia
07-27-2006, 12:29 PM
I am roughly the same size as you. I wear a size 5 jeans (i wear ultra low rise jeans) and skirt, medium tops, and a size 10-11 shoe. the add sizes thing for womens shoes doesnt work for me, as i also wear a 10 guy shoe.

The biggest thing is just go start trying out clothes. shop at goodwill or over the net, to try and save some bucks till you figure out your sizes. i have a bunch of things I have bought that were either too big or too small. I am glad I dont have any money invested in them so it isnt a biggie if something doesnt fit.

shay
07-27-2006, 10:08 PM
thanks a bunch for the advice i would have never thought about goodwill i think the next time i am in town i will stop in and pick some things up, and i will post how it goes thanks again <3

PinkVanessa07
07-28-2006, 02:12 AM
I am a size 34 in mens clothes with a 12 size shoe in mens. When I got my dress Thursday I got a size Large or 12-14. The dress fits, but should I have gone done a size smaller? The good thing about the dress I got it is wrap so I can tighten it.

noname
07-28-2006, 02:19 AM
down to any store and try a pair on!! I don't even consider that crossdressing. Hehehe.

Thanks, I knew it couldn't have been just me.

Anyway, as for your size probably a size 8. If you want a tight fit look for the strech jeans. They should have a tag on them that says strech. You can always just grab the jean and give it a tug, and you'll know in an instant.

Miss Petra
07-28-2006, 02:41 AM
Shay,

Thought this might be useful.

Its free & very detailed.

You enter your measurments & compare sizes that are available at
your favorite store. It tells you what be your best fit.

Takes some of the mystery out of sizing.

http://www.fitme.com/

hugs,

Petra

missy collins
08-26-2006, 01:57 PM
xdress.com. they have a conversion chart for guy to girl sizing i think.

sandra-leigh
08-27-2006, 01:09 AM
The rule of thumb for women's shoe sizes is add 1 1/2 to 2 sizes. (if you wear a 9, you want a women's 10 1/2 or 11).

But be sure to note that that's just an approximation.

My official size in men's shoes is 10 1/2 narrow [Canadian / US sizing], but almost nothing in men's 10 1/2 fits me -- my foot may be officially narrow but it angles across a bit and my big toe sticks out. That and the fact that my arch is not in the usual place... it is not uncommon for me to end up buying shoes in the $250 to $300 range to get something that fits right. I end up in men's 11 1/2 or men's 12.

In women's shoes, some of the women's 11W (wide) fit me, whereas others of the 11/11W won't even come close to going on -- my foot is too wide to get even close on some styles of 11W. A women's 12W is more likely to fit me. Considering the difficulty I have in finding mens' shoes that fit, finding womens' shoes that fit seems almost easier!

Meanwhile, I have tried womens' 13 and 14 in a few styles, and they aren't necessarily any better at fitting me. But if I were to go by the rule of thumb and take the mens' size I use most often, 11 1/2, I'd be looking at a women's 13 to 13 1/2, when the reality seems to be that 11W to 13 has a chance to fit me. (Even a womens' 14 might not be wide enough for me, whereas the next 14 over might be too wide... especially in a stelleto, where firm strapping is essential to prevent wobbling.)

I would thus suggest that you try starting from the -same- size as you wear in mens', except perhaps go for W (wide) to start.

Also don't assume that just because the toe looks narrow that the shoe won't fit your wide toe: try it on. One of the first pairs I bought was some pumps that come to a narrowish toe, but they are wide enough where they need to be.

Miss Vicki
08-27-2006, 03:42 AM
What is the difference in sizes when looking at Misses and Juniors? I do understand Petite and Plus, however the other two confuse me. I am thinking that it is an age group. Misses - under 18 years old and Juniors - over 18 years old.
I might be way off, so any help will be great.

Lil Miss Bekkah
08-27-2006, 04:12 AM
I have a feeling I'm going to have trouble...I wear a men's 42 *blushes*

mecloset
08-28-2006, 06:56 AM
I have a feeling I'm going to have trouble...I wear a men's 42 *blushes*

Well I wear mens size 44 and depending on the cut and the manufacturer I usually wear 22, except in gowns in that are because of the cuts run smaller I wear a 26. I am 6'1" and 250. As for shoes I have had no problems, I started with the local walmart. Being as it is not staffed I was able to keep a low profile and try on various shoes. What I find interesting is that here in this thread it says to add 1+ to mens size to get womens size, but that did not seem to be the case for me. I wear a mens size 12 and all I needed to do was a add a W to that for my female attire. So in mens I wear a 12 and womens I wear a 12W. Does the W make it a different size?

Siobhan Marie
08-28-2006, 08:29 AM
xdress.com. they have a conversion chart for guy to girl sizing i think.

Have just had a look missy and they don't have a conversion chart for guy to girl sizing. The one they do have is no good for our needs.

:hugs: Anna x

sandra-leigh
08-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Well I wear mens size 44 and depending on the cut and the manufacturer I usually wear 22, except in gowns in that are because of the cuts run smaller I wear a 26. I am 6'1" and 250.

My official outerwear jacket size is mens 42, and the womens' sizes I end up in seem to be 40 (sometimes) or 42 to 44 -- in EU sizing. If I recall correctly, 40 is about size 8, 42 about size 10, 44 about size 12.

Most blouses that I buy are "medium", and it is uncommon for me to need anything more than a 14 blouse. The main exception is for blouses with very high necklines, in which case I sometimes need to go to 18 to avoid feeling choked. But the 18 in that case really only reflects the slack space around the neck: I know from the stuff I had custom-made that exactly the same piece with a slightly lower neckline is just fine. Can't trust those sizes...

In women's pants, I'm finding that a 14 fits me really nicely, but that for thinner material I may need to go to a 16 to avoid having too much of a bump at the front.

I'm 6" and roughly 200 pounds +/- 5 pounds.

"mecloset", a lot would depend on how your extra 50 pounds is distributed, but my experiences suggest that you are probably in a larger size than you need. If, though, that weight mostly resides in a "middle-aged bulge" then Yes, I could imagine that you might have to go up to 22 in order to find a blouse that reached down to your belt line. That's not necessarily really the size as such, but rather the way the manufacturers correlate size and length.

kristyD
08-28-2006, 04:44 PM
The Fredericks site has a page that converts Dress and clothing sizes.

Kimberley
08-28-2006, 06:40 PM
Try this one from Sears.

http://www.sears.ca/gp/browse.html/ref=sc_fe_c_2_16378521/103-7787026-7855854?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=16394511&no=16378521&searsBrand=core&me=A10FHFRJZ0GJG3

The 85b site took down the dress calculator. It may or may not come back. Too bad because for me it was spot on.

:hugs:
Kimberley

Randy
08-28-2006, 08:34 PM
Here's what I would do. First, get a rough idea of your size from the ideas already posted. Then, set up an account on EBAY and start buying. The people who sell there are interested in only one thing... Money. You can get some good stuff and save lots of money (compared to buying new) and they will not care one thing about you except to make sure the address is correct for them to send to.

I only ever wear bras, so I get good prices this way, but that's what I would do if I were looking to get started on a collection of items.

Hmmm...... Maybe I should start.....wearing..... Just kidding, but give it a try. At least you can shop without worrying about who's watching you.