PDA

View Full Version : Hair Regrowth after Waxing?

maggie
07-27-2006, 07:49 AM
After I shave the hair on my hands, arms, or legs, the hair that regrows is tough and bristly. This caused problems with my wife, back when we were still sleeping together.

I am wondering whether I would do better by removing the hair by waxing. Does anyone know whether hair regrowth after waxing is finer and softer than it is after shaving?

Is a depilatory cream any improvement?

Thanks for any advice.

Maggie

DonnaT
07-27-2006, 08:08 AM
I've no experience with waxing, Maggie, but with depilatory creams the result is no different than shaving, for me anyway.

YMMV, depending on age.

Karren H
07-27-2006, 08:14 AM
Well for me creams don't work but areas that I have waxed have come back in thinner (hairs per sq inch) but the coarseness of the hairs are simular. And I don't shave my arms...doesn't look natural enough. I bleach them with blonde hair color which gives them a very fem look and lasts for months.

Love Karren

Jackie-Ann
07-27-2006, 08:45 AM
After I shave the hair on my hands, arms, or legs, the hair that regrows is tough and bristly. This caused problems with my wife, back when we were still sleeping together.

I am wondering whether I would do better by removing the hair by waxing. Does anyone know whether hair regrowth after waxing is finer and softer than it is after shaving?

Is a depilatory cream any improvement?

Thanks for any advice.

Maggie

Hi,Maggie, I've been removing my body hair using hot wax.I get my body professionally done at home. I call her every 45 days and I had it done 3 times already. Yes, the hairs gets finer,softer and takes longer to grow.My wife suggested it because shaving has the problems that you mentioned.She complained and I didn't shave my body hairs for years.I'm very happy now and I feel great !!. Depilatory creams do the same than shaving and some times you can get a rash or allergic reaction.In my case,next day, I was all prickly, like shaving. Hot wax comes in different compositions and smells.She is using one made in Spain and has a lavender scent, company name: Depil-ok. Hope it helps, any more questions feel free to ask me.

Jackie Ann

renee k
07-27-2006, 09:02 AM
I'll agree with Jackie Ann,

Waxiing is the way to go! I've been having my back waxed for years. The hair does come back, but it's finer and not as dense. Just started having by arms and legs done last year. The results are GREAT!! Kissably soft!!

Huggs, Renee

lynn27
07-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Just had my legs waxed for the first time yesterday at a salon. there isn't anything better. No stubble feel, no iritation or rash. silky smooth. :heehee:

Both legs under $55 dollars. You need at least 1/4" of hair [if it is coarse, the longer the better]. It is wise to load up on some pain killers first and maybe a stiff drink. :p you will feel it. :eek: it did take around 2 hours [the attendent is into TG people and had a million questions and stories] Do not have it done two hours before some big event [you might have some redness and bumps for a while]

Go for it you'll love it. I checked with the local Tri-Ess Chapter for a referal, but calling a few salons i found most willing to take me on. 0.02

Phyliss
07-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Waxing is wonderful, as lynn27 says take a few Tylenol about an hour before your firts time. I been getting waxed everysix weeks for the last year and I din't bother with the Tylenol anymore.
Yes the hair does come in finer after awhile. One thing I've noticed is that is seems to be getting thinner in quantity in quite a few places. My next appt. is this coming Wed Aug 2. Due to a calendar mix up I've had to go 8 weeks this time between waxings. I'm begining to look "fuzzy" . Except for my fore arms I get everything waxed from my neck down to my toes. As I said to her once as she was getting ready to do the bikini area, "The hot wax feels kinda good there, but knowing what you're about to do, sorta takes away from any pleasure."
"So I've been told" she said as she RRRRRIIIIIPPPPEEEDDD!!!! the tape off. I swear I saw her grin.
As for the end result, I love it. I don't think I'll ever "shave" again .

ava_bruna
07-27-2006, 04:14 PM
About waxing, shaving ect, it's all up to the person I think, I have been shaving as well as useing Nair for sometime now, yes the hair does come back faster then waxing as ive read, I did try a little waxing and didnt think it so bad but then again im use to pain
( hit my finger's enuff while working) hehe id love to have a total waxing but dont want to spend alot, who does, im looking and keep forgetting to find wax at the best price, any idea's? thank's

adora
07-27-2006, 04:22 PM
For me, waxing is definitely the way to go.

I agree with Karen H that the regrowth is about the same in coarseness, but significantly less in quantity.

I get full leg waxes, toes to bikini lines and it does take aobut 2 hours; however, my SO Annette took me to a new salon recently and it only took an hour. Of course, there were two girls working on me...talk about being the center of attention.

As far as the pain, perhaps it was the endorphines kicking in from the lovely expereince, but, for me, it wasn't bad at all.

Shaving is tedious, depilatories yield spotty results and leaves an occassional rash...yes, waxing is the way to go...just one girl's opinion.

Phyliss
07-27-2006, 04:58 PM
adora, you had TWO girls working on you at once? OMG I am sooo jealous of you.

adora
07-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Phyliss, it wasn't planned. Annette and I arrived for the last appointments, pedicure, manicure, leg and eyebrow waxing. I think that the owner wanted to get the techs out on time and I wound with with two for the leg waxing. The funny thing is that I thought that it was going to be a rushed experience, since the techs were talking about the time, wanting to go home, ewtc. In the end, they couldn't have been more attentive or more professional and were very much perfectionists.

Lanore
07-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Hi Donna
I'm a new member and read your post on Aveeno Shave Gel. I am always looking for the softer side and will try this one tonight. I use a lot of the Oley products but have never tried Aveeno. Thank you for the post.
Bye for now,
Lanore

Marla GG
07-27-2006, 10:18 PM
I used to shave my underarms (all my life!) and the hair grew back so fast, I would literally get 5 o'clock armpit shadow. :worried: It was coarse and wiry, too.

A few months ago I started having Angel wax them, and OMG! What a difference. It lasts 2 weeks, grows back thinner and finer, and best of all, no more 'dark' armpits. Waxing is the bomb!

Hugs,
Marla xx

Deborah_UK
07-28-2006, 01:21 AM
after waxing back and chest .. don't forget to exfoliate (sp?) otherwise you can end up with ingrowing hairs