PDA

View Full Version : Conair Hair Remover

Drucilla
12-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Has anyone tried the Conair ( or similar) hair remover that works by "sanding" off the hairs. Have seen it advertised and on the shelves at the drug store.
Sounds great ---but don't all the new gadgets , creams, waxes, etc.?
The unit is very affordable ( less than $30) .

KewTnCurvy GG
12-06-2004, 08:40 PM
It works best on light, fine hair. Not so well on thick or coarse hair. :(
Trust me, as a fair skinned GG with dark hair I try anything and all things put on the market to remove hair. I hate, make that HATE body hair--ick! Anyhooo, hope this helps:)

hugs
kew

Tristen Cox
12-06-2004, 11:23 PM
Welcome Drucilla!

Carbon Kid
12-07-2004, 01:14 PM
I find wax is the best method......sure it hurts.......but it lasts the longest. Failing that, just use the hair removal creme, it quick and easy. I have tried the sanding method it does work and tickles a little bit, but like that nice lady said, it usually works best on fine thin hair. :)

Felicity
12-29-2004, 03:30 PM
I searched this thread remembering it was here. I was curious about the ConAir too. It costs $29.95 at a local store and who knows, Wal Mart may have it for less.

I have some very fine diamond sand paper. It works like the ConAir advertises, but is a slow process. However, I still have stubble after a short time. What I like however it how it softens the skin by pulling out dried debrie from the pores. I have considered buying the ConAir and would like to see some reviews myself.

DonnaT
12-29-2004, 03:41 PM
Some Reviews:

http://nbc4.feedroom.com/iframeset.jsp?ord=421482 Video review NBC4 television

http://www.247shopping-mall.com/kitchen-top-selling.asp?a=B00008V407&lstCategories=7#Customers-reviews

+/-

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=cm_reviews_dp_seemore/601-9862790-6412139?asin=B00008V407&alt%5fview=custReviews&frombrowse=1&coliid=#B00008V40725001095815294

Looks like it might be good for my woodworking?!

Julie York
12-29-2004, 03:46 PM
Welcome Drucilla!

Why don't women use electric rasors that shave as close as a blade or their money back (?). O.k. pink ones maybe, but why not...? seriously.

Julie
12-29-2004, 04:41 PM
Welcome Drucilla, nice to have you here. Sorry I can't help you with the product I've not heard of it, when I saw the thread title I thought you wanted to borrow a DVD. :)

JJ

Felicity
12-29-2004, 04:46 PM
Well, blades leave irritation when you don't shave regulary. Besides, I want to elininate the stubble issue....

Some years ago, I bought one of those things that yank the hairs out. Works great (with some pain) and still have it, but it is a 220 volt and now in the USA at 110, just a pain to hook up.

I'm simply checking out options.

Felicity
12-30-2004, 02:47 PM
Today I broke down and bought the ConAir Hair Removal System. I am a rather pleased with the results. For the hair that wasn't too coarse, it left my skin simply awesome. The some coarser hair is still there, but finer. I figure in another session or two, it should be as nice. I still have stubble where I already had some but I think it will be gone in later sessions as well. I figured I would give my skin a rest and not tackle it all at once. I will post an update later.

I used it on my chest and tummy as well and this is the smootherst this area has has ever been!

ReneCT
12-31-2004, 10:13 AM
My experience is similar to others. Where there is fine hair it does a wonderful job-smooth and it exfoliates. In other places where hair is coarse it doesn't do as well but I found that if you continue in the same area eventually it becomes smooth or you wear down the shaving disc. Don't apply pressure to the skin or you'll get a skin burn