PDA

View Full Version : First time my SO will see me

bgirl
07-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Update later in thread!
WE are going to a picnic soon that will be attended by other cders and their SO's. This will be the first time that my wife has seen me dressed. It will also be the first time I have gone anywhere dressed that anyone knows me.

I did go out a few years ago and found out that I don't have a chance in hell of passing. I still pretend to fool myself.

My wife thinks I should go just so I have a safe place to express myself when the urge arises. And not let the urge get a life of its own.

I worried that we will take a step backwards when she is faced with the reality of this not just the idea of it. My painted toes were a tremor, this will be a quake.

I feel powerless and would like a little encourage here. Beth

Ashley in Virginia
07-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Why wait till the picnic to show her? Why not show her before it and let her get used to seeing you like that?

tekla west
07-27-2006, 04:00 PM
In fact, this might be the best way. She will meet others, other SOs too. A casual deal like this sounds very normal, which I think is what you are aiming for. Its not at all like taking her to "Catholic School Girl Night" at the club, where she would find out (at least looking at the group there,) that we are all out to lunch.

So, dress for a picnic, not a prom, be nice, dote on her.

hotbobbie
07-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Also if you dress for her before you go she may give you help on make
up ect.

older not wiser
07-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Hi Beth, Before I would go to the picnic I would dress and show my SO first and then let her decide if she still wants to go through with me going "enfemme"
If I'm reading your post correctly she hasn't seen you yet? If not I apologize. Good luck nevertheless!!!!!

Love; BonnieAnne:GE:

swiss_susan
07-27-2006, 04:06 PM
I was nervous until after the first time my SO saw me even though she knew and was accepting in theory. I think its pretty common.

Only one way to find out.

Susan

bgirl
07-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Why wait till the picnic to show her? Why not show her before it and let her get used to seeing you like that?
Hi Ashley, She isn't sure if she wants to see me before or at the picnic. My hope is that with the support of other wives, the shock will be easier to handle.

fionasboots
07-27-2006, 04:11 PM
... with what's been said before; dress before the picnic and show her so that it's less of a shock.

I think it's a huge step for you both to go out together with you en femme but if she's willing to do that then she must be fairly okay with your CDing and supportive enough to have suggested the idea of this picnic being a good thing.

As for this being a quake, no I think telling her in the first place was the quake this is just a little aftershock :D

Bernadina
07-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Also if you dress for her before you go she may give you help on make
up ect.

I agree. And yes get her involved with your dressing and make up. Ask her opinion and get her advice. Discuss what you should wear. Let her be your guide and mentor.

My wife helped me the first time she saw me dressed (while we were still dating).

Now we shop for our clothes, shoes, makeup, perfume, jewelry, etc together. I think she really likes having a husband that enjoys hanging around the womens department instead of the taking her to the hardware store.

Toyah
07-28-2006, 05:59 AM
I think defenatly before the picknic is a good idea, get her you to help pick an outfit my SO much prefers it if I dont out do her

Tiffy
07-28-2006, 10:37 AM
I think seeing you and the picnic all at once may be to much on both of you. I agree and think you should show her before the picnic.

April Marie

Wenda
07-28-2006, 02:04 PM
As usual, the sisters have it right. Get her on your team, helping you. Don't distance yourself from her, and leave her standing there thinking,"OMG what was he thinking....?" Get her advice and help. Even if you don't necessarily agree with her suggestions, implement them. It should help create a team of the two you, with one little secret in common. All the best!

Shelly Preston
07-28-2006, 02:10 PM
I would most definately show her before the picnic

If you have a picture you may want to let her see that first

Then let her see you dressed

Connie D50
07-28-2006, 02:59 PM
First good luck in both the pre fashion show and the picinc. wow this posting is the best exsample of how great this site realy is. All your great ideas and support is great.
Connie

NewbieCD
07-28-2006, 03:17 PM
I would say let her help you get ready for the picnin so one she feels more involved 2 so she can see you change slowly instead of hi hunny i am a chick lol
Other than that have fun on the picnic.

CDsWifey GG
07-30-2006, 04:21 PM
I would say let her help you get ready for the picnin so one she feels more involved 2 so she can see you change slowly instead of hi hunny i am a chick lol
Other than that have fun on the picnic.
LOL good idea babe it helped me a lot:D

Joy Carter
07-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Slow and steady wins the race Hun, remember the Hair and the Tortoise ?

psdibe
07-30-2006, 06:25 PM
THe gals a right I think you should show her some of your dressing before the picnic. I think both of you wil feel more comfortable. Joy is rigth slow and steady is the correct way.
good luck
Hugs
PD

Michelle Ellis
07-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Good luck and have a wonderful time :) I have no experience from which to speak but I can't help but think all the other girls are right on this one.

M

Francine
07-30-2006, 07:22 PM
I agree with the others. If she is willing to go with you to the picnic, dress before you go to give her a preview. I say that, from a cd who's wife of 31 years.. has never seen him dressed.

Let her get over the shock..and ask the questions..even if you don't have answers now.

Good luck and have fun.

Francine

ava_bruna
07-30-2006, 07:23 PM
and right place, I myself have yet to go out dressed, id love to but my situration wont allow it for reasons of no value. My wife said dress all you want here at home but no way out:(,I do have the perfect chance to dress as we are in a apt housing and have a side/ back door that at night most ppl wouldnt see me even tho im on the 2nd floor,Id love to at least get the feeling / the excitment of struting my stuff;), maybe in time, If your wife let's you dress then by all mean's do it around her at home then take it from there. Best of luck.

gennee
07-30-2006, 07:55 PM
It's not a bad idea to dress for your wife before the picnic. If she likes it, the picnic will be easier for her. Other SOs being there will help the both of you.

Gennee

:thumbsup:

bgirl
07-31-2006, 09:30 AM
Thanks to all the girls who gave me their input. I showed my wife all the posts and after some discussion we decieded that I would dress for her so she could see for herself first and see how she feels about it.
My heart beat a million times a second as I decended the stairs. It didnt stop beating for an hour. She complimented some of the outfits, narrowed it down to what I would wear and we decieded to go shopping for a top that would better match a skirt I wanted to wear. And all though she doesn't wear make-up ( lipstick only) she helped me pick out what I might need. Heavy beards are not her speciality.
After the shopping trip, I showed her the outfit and got her approval. Also showed her my other outfits as well. She was relieved that I was not going for the giant breast sexy look. Feminine wear suitable for a girl my age and her sensibilities.
She hugged me while still in dress, then again after I came back down in drab. Says she likes my hugs better when I,m not wearing a bra.(SMILE) I can't win them all.
This went better then I ever imagined. THANK YOU ! I wish I had the time to write and thank everyone of you. I love you all. Beth

Charleen
07-31-2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks to all the girls who gave me their input. I showed my wife all the posts and after some discussion we decieded that I would dress for her so she could see for herself first and see how she feels about it.
My heart beat a million times a second as I decended the stairs. It didnt stop beating for an hour. She complimented some of the outfits, narrowed it down to what I would wear and we decieded to go shopping for a top that would better match a skirt I wanted to wear. And all though she doesn't wear make-up ( lipstick only) she helped me pick out what I might need. Heavy beards are not her speciality.
After the shopping trip, I showed her the outfit and got her approval. Also showed her my other outfits as well. She was relieved that I was not going for the giant breast sexy look. Feminine wear suitable for a girl my age and her sensibilities.
She hugged me while still in dress, then again after I came back down in drab. Says she likes my hugs better when I,m not wearing a bra.(SMILE) I can't win them all.
This went better then I ever imagined. THANK YOU ! I wish I had the time to write and thank everyone of you. I love you all. Beth
The only thing I can say is TERRIFIC!!!! Enjoy the picnic. I wish there was something like that by me. Love and xxxx, Lily:love:

fionasboots
07-31-2006, 10:21 AM
That really is good news, I'm so glad it went well for you.

Enjoy the picnic and the more wonderful experiences in your future, I really am pleased for you :D

Janelle Marshall
07-31-2006, 11:30 AM
Have a great time at the picnic!! Let us know how it goes.:happy:

bgirl
08-09-2006, 03:17 PM
I wore the outfit my wife helped me pick out. (see profile) And nerves, nerves nerves. Everyone was kind about my debut and told me I looked fine. In my mind I looked as good as I ever remember. The picture is honest but I don.t mind. That is me on the inside being me on the outside. And best of all I still respected myself in the morning. No guilt. Let me say that again, no guilt. But alas its not all about me!

My wife was so supportive. Everyone looked to see how she was going to react. She handled it very well. Even defended me to another CD who said I did a nice job but wasn't to sure about the tatoo's. She said " Hey she's a biker chick !"
I was a girl most of the day and into the night. One last bittersweet look in the mirror before ending a wonderful day.
My wife and I are OK. Your suggestions were taken to heart and helped to make it all work out. Thanks, Beth

Kristen Kelly
08-09-2006, 05:11 PM
I agree. And yes get her involved with your dressing and make up. Ask her opinion and get her advice. Discuss what you should wear. Let her be your guide and mentor.

My wife helped me the first time she saw me dressed (while we were still dating).

Now we shop for our clothes, shoes, makeup, perfume, jewelry, etc together. I think she really likes having a husband that enjoys hanging around the womens department instead of the taking her to the hardware store.

Tommorrow night will be the first time my GF has seen Kristen Fully dressed she has seen me in panties, hose, heals, and fem tops but not in make-up and wig. She agreed (wanted) to do my make-up after seeing some of my pics feels she could improve my look, I am all for her wanting to get involved, can't say I'm not just a wee bit nervous worked hard at getting her to this point and don't want to blow it.