PDA

View Full Version : Possible CD'rs Goldmine in Austin, TX?

Vallari
12-06-2004, 08:49 PM
Ive heard about this store a few times in the past. The name is "Lucy In Disguise". It's a costume store where you can both rent and buy costumes and costume accesories. I visited their site and it looked like they had a killer selection of things to choose from - especially the tights and hose! :D Has anyone ever heard of this place or been there? Im gonna go this weekend (maybe Fri afternoon ;) ) and check it out. The prices looked reasonable on most of their things. Ill post back here and tell how it was in person.

Heres the link to their website:
http://www.lucyindisguise.com/Entrance/%20Entrance.html

DonnaT
12-07-2004, 12:18 PM
I spent the weekend in a hotel in Waco and could have easily driven down to Austin.

Yea, it's only about 100 miles!

Now, if you want to go to Austin, try it in April 2005.

http://www.ifge.org/convention/

Vallari
12-13-2004, 03:31 AM
Well I went to this store Saturday afternoon and it was awesome! There were'nt a whole lot of crowds in it and the salespeople were very helpful and nice. They have a huge selection of everything from wigs to temp. tatoos to costumes. You can either buy or rent the costumes here. They had rack after rack of jackets, corsets, dresses, belts, purses, and much much more. If you venture into this place be prepared to spend at least an hour or two going through everything. For tatoos n wigs you select the ones that interest u from a catalog and they get them for you. It was originally two stores - Electric Ladyland and I believe Lucy In Disguise. The two stores merged together and it's awesome! I was able to get a wigcap ($3.99), some temp. tatoo sheets ($0.99 to $2.99/sheet) and some pantyhose with a dragon design on them ($5.99). The prices werent bad in my opinion. Some things like wigcaps can be bought cheaper elsewhere I know but its nice having all these things in one place. :) If anyone's ever in the Austin TX area give this place a visit if u can - it's great!