PDA

View Full Version : Arch supports for Heels???

HaleyPink2000
07-28-2006, 09:24 AM
My Heel touches, my toes touch but my " arch " does not touch. Do any of you use arch supports in your heels? If so what ones please????

I spent like 20 minutes in Walgreens looking at the shoe inserts. They have any and everything you could think of. :sad: Every color and size you could ever think to buy. But I had no idea what to get! My arches don't touch, and I think if I had either a shoe " heels" that all of my foot would touch that would help. Also I notice my foot teds to want to go from landing on the heel to then balancing on the toes, and there not being any contact for the arch in the shoe is not cool.

Well, Maybe mark me dumb :heehee: for having to ask this, but those arch supports are expensive, and there is like a million different kinds out there. I just need a good one for a set of heels so that I can walk better in them. :D

I do fine in regular shoes, but anything above 2" I then tend to have an arch support problem. There is no contact with arch at all.

Any help would be great.
Thanks! :hugs: [/I][/COLOR]

Stephenie S
07-28-2006, 10:00 AM
Dear Haley,

I think that if you are OK at 2" and below, your body is trying to say something to you. That's a GOOD hight for walking. Wear the tall ones when you know you aren't going to do much walking. This is true for GGs and CDers.

Unless you are real young, real light, or real dumb, heels higher than 2"-3" are just not good for you. I work in rehabilitation and I see many feet that have been ruined by foolish fashion.

Wear the 4"-5" only for partying and show and only occaisionally. Never for walking any distance at all. You will be glad you did later.

Lovies,
Stephenie

HaleyPink2000
07-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Stephenie S

Thanks! :hugs:

I have a pair of " to die for 3" heels" I so love. I can walk short distances in them. But like I had mentioned, the arch don't touch, and that keeps me from walking any further than across the house in them. :sad:

DonnaT
07-28-2006, 10:47 AM
I have a high arch and it barely touche in regular men's shoes, much less with heels.

One of the best insoles on the market can be found at http://www.insolia.com/

These are not touted as arch supports.

HaleyPink2000
07-28-2006, 11:21 AM
DonnaT

Thanks for posting:D

I'll have to look into these. Wondering how much they seem to help you. Could you elaborate please!

Thanks Thanks Thanks!:happy:

DonnaT
07-28-2006, 06:56 PM
If you have any pressure on the balls of your feet, or your toes, they will take the pressure off by moving it back towards the heel.

The pads have a temporary adhesive so they can be repositioned until they feel right. Then there's a permanant adhesive to fix them to the shoe.