PDA

View Full Version : Talk Show

Georgette
12-07-2004, 03:36 PM
I don't know if this has come up but what talk show host do you think would do a show on the TG-CD, community, I can only think of 2, Ellen De Generes or maybe Montel Williams. I also wonder if they would be willing to have CDers on the show, in dress or not.
Just a thought. :rolleyes:

Wen4cd
12-07-2004, 03:52 PM
All of them have abused crossdressers for ratings at one time or another.

clarissa3d
12-07-2004, 05:51 PM
You are soooo right Wendy,

any of the talk shows that have ever had crossdressers on have been burned at the steak. I do not beleive there will be a talk show that will either be nutral or pro crossdressing.

any talk show that has ever been on has (excuse the pun) crossed that issue at least once for the allmighty rating.

Abraxas
12-07-2004, 09:50 PM
Montel is a standup guy. I think he'd definitely be cool with it, and not just for ratings. I would like to be on a talk show, but am a bit hesitant as my family would see. I'm not worried about my immediate family, as they all know, but my grandma, who watches Montel regularly, and the rest of my family, who would all find out about it...

The main problem I've seen... Maury used to have those show "Male or female, you decide" kind of things, and the MTFs were always fairly supported. But he'd have all these shows about girls who dress as guys (like myself) and he'd give them all makeovers to look girlie! What's the deal with that? The MTFs were fine-- no makeovers for them.
There's this huge block that girls can't be TV too, and I am pissed off about that. I wrote to Maury and mentioned it-- no reply, of course.
If I had to pick a chat show to be on, it'd be Montel.

Janice Ann
12-07-2004, 10:08 PM
Springer- Montel- all of them are after a rating-
Guess I'll just stick to this forum-- Here I think most folks are honest and sincere- Pay is not to good-- but at least I like to think I am with friends
my 2 cents---- and my own opinion-- Janice Ann

Jerry
12-07-2004, 10:25 PM
While I was at work one day, my wife taped a session of young people trying to decide if they should be together - get married sort of thing. There was a girl and a cross dresser. Dr. Phil was trying to determine if she could get use to his lifestyle. Ultimately, she said no. But nobody ever gave him a hard time about it. It was matter of fact. Sure, there was the normal tension, and nobody stepped up to condone the activity, but I was amazed at how fairly they treated him.

Normally, I'm not a watcher or supporter of the way these shows make the difficult or complex so simple, all I'm saying is on this day, they treated one cross dresser with some respect.